Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Great Gaming Table Project Log... MKIII. obscenely pic heavy!

Started by Hadriel Caine, September 01, 2009, 12:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

Greetings.

Last year Salarath and I (aided by our mate Martin) built a gaming table in 54mm scale for the Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2008, held at WHW on 13th Dec.

//EDIT/ See my later post for the full version//

It was an incredible amount of fun to do and was the first terrain BOARD, rather than modular scatter terrain, I've ever worked on.

we were kindly sponsored by Steve Morgan of Eldritch Games .

this was all I could scavenge from Warseer as the Conclave was the home for the majority of the log. I will try to go through and put up some WIP and finalised shots at some point.

enjoy

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kallidor

It turned out really good and the lions add a nice touch. The only negative thing I would say is that it's a bit 'clean'. Some random debris would make it looked lived in and used. However it's a fantastic piece of terrain, kudos  ;D
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Van Helser

It was a fantastic board to play on too.  It was very atmospheric having an Eversor Assassin at the top of those steps awaiting the oncoming players I thought!

My favourite little touch was the sign saying: In case of emergency, pray for deliverance!

Swarbie

Nice board!!!
Would have been fun to play on, no doubt.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

It indeed looked excellent in the flesh, most jealous that I never got a chance to play on it.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

it was quite awe-inspiring to see it covered in NPCs!   8)

of course, now you've got to go one up  ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 02, 2009, 04:09:17 PM
of course, now you've got to go one up  ;D

You joke... George has bought a 54mm steam train... give me strength.
The Fall of Astraea

Van Helser

Awesome.

You have no option now but to build this for our amusement.

Heroka Vendile

do you mean of this ilk, or more like this?

Personally I have G Scale model railway stuff (slightly larger than 1:32), so if ever I need a train, tracks or trucks, I'm already sorted, even if they aren't very 40K in appearance.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Hadriel Caine

Ok, I decided to sort out the log properly, this should be everything. Not as much detail as before but the pics should speak for themselves.

Here we go:

George and I preparing for the scrap heap challenge, September 2008, getting gubbins for an Inquisitor Table for the IGT:

At Steve's shop, Eldritch Games, we received patronage and skilful aid from Mr Morgan himself resulting in these rather fetching steps:

Here we can see the rather rough sketchy idea for the table:

Tom, George and Steve survey the opening stages of construction:

Powerful, mighty statues are added to the steps (from the early learning centre):

Mr Morgan:

Walkways are added to the structural walls to add playable levels to the board:

Shot showing the proposed power generators and general work detritus:

Platform height measuring tool MKI:

Computer fan for wall and the proposed death of many an Inquisitor character:

Walkways get put in place:

Cladding commences... bloody cladding:

Detailing and scale shot:

More structural work, one of the main entrances to the facility:

The final structure is added, the chapel:

Full length completed structure shot:

Supports added to the walkways to 'gothicise' the board, they were bits from the bottom of Steve's table units, shockingly they were exactly the right size... this happened a lot on this board!

Overhead walkway adds yet another dimension to the table:

At this stage we started adding lots of cover and detailing in the form of pipes, cogs etc. Note the AdMech stained glass window!

more detailing:

It really was the little details that made this so much fun to work on...

The over looking window takes shape:

Scatter Terrain

Detailing:

Finally we had finished the detailing and construction. This was about mid Novemeber:

Me and Martin as painting commenced:

Safety mesh on Pos request...

The Chapel gets some paint:

Paint progress:

Candle, Console, Lions:

Power plinth A:

Scale shot:

Interior:

Exterior:

Storage area:

Detail Collage:

Martin hard at work...

Ok, that nearly killed me. We need some finished shots and some in game pics, if any one has any from the GT that'd be superb, just post them below.

Right I'm off for dinner... phew.

Cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Salarath

I feel it is somewhat appropriate for this to be my first post on the new conclave-that table was a labour of love by Adam, Steve and myself, and we couldn't have managed it without Martin, Tom and others pitching in and helping-for those of you who didn't get an opportunity to play on it at the Inq GT have no fear-it shall return this year! Along with my train (when its finished, i might possibly need a hand with it Adam!)

Hadriel Caine

WELCOME (back) TO THE CONCLAVE

Been quiet without you man! Get some WIPs up sharpish.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

excellent news. Steve has gone mad and decided he wants to make a SECOND Inq board for his store. I'll keep you posted.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

May i just say that you guys are entirely crazy
ive not yet begun to tackle terrain and already im feeling i never will as you guys made it look so good im ashamed of my (soon) own shoddy attempts!
jesus man ive just sculpted a storm tropper out of Major Jaxon and im happy with the lopsided, squiggly blob that is his Carapace and yet you guys made an entire frigging board!
WELL BLOODY DONE!

kerby

Discy

:o :o :o
You may have just inspired me to actually build some terrain :)
Beep if you love muties!