Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A few questions....

Started by seaglen, August 16, 2011, 04:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

Hello all.

I have a couple of questions that need answering!!
any help would be appreciated!

1: What is the "average" lifespan of: Inquisitors/normal citizens/imperial navy officers/planetary governors? i need an idea as to how old to make my characters in their background.

2: Is there any info on the colours of specific administratum robes, such as clerics/oficio munitorium/imperial navy uniforms/adeptus administratum scribes/workers?

3: any info or pics of adeptus arbites uniforms?

many thanks!

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Quote from: seaglen on August 16, 2011, 04:07:17 AM
Hello all.

I have a couple of questions that need answering!!
any help would be appreciated!

1: What is the "average" lifespan of: Inquisitors/normal citizens/imperial navy officers/planetary governors? i need an idea as to how old to make my characters in their background.

2: Is there any info on the colours of specific administratum robes, such as clerics/oficio munitorium/imperial navy uniforms/adeptus administratum scribes/workers?

3: any info or pics of adeptus arbites uniforms?

many thanks!

1. Varies, depending on activity (i.e. deskwork ~140-200~/fieldwork ~60-80~), bionics rejuvenat therapy. Similar to us, maybe less if in underhive/ hive cities ~40-50~, more on agri ~60-70~. Navy Officers planetary governers (see desk inquisitor)
2. no idea
3. Arbites, see here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490043a&prodId=prod1110240 (GW arbites judge)
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: seaglen on August 16, 2011, 04:07:17 AM1: What is the "average" lifespan of: Inquisitors/normal citizens/imperial navy officers/planetary governors? i need an idea as to how old to make my characters in their background.
Average life expectancy:

Field Inquisitors would, on average, live to less than 60. It's a very dangerous job, and sometimes no amount of medical tech can save you from catching a lasbolt with your face.

Confusingly, the average age of a field Inquisitor is much higher than their average life expectancy. (The difference is because you're only counting the ones who are actually alive, as opposed to counting in all the ones who die young and drag down the other statistics.) Those who have got the blend of luck, skill and toughness that it takes can still be smiting heretics at three hundred or more.

Anywhere in the middle is possible. Desk Inquisitors are obviously expected to live longer, but they'll reach "old age" at about the same point (as most people do!).

Normal citizens - entirely depends on the planet and the class of citizenry. But as Octavian says, there are good real world equivalents. A feudal world would have a life expectancy like you'd expect in the middle ages and a civilised world would be similar to the modern first world. Most people don't have access to rejuve tech, so they live what would be considered a typical lifespan for a human under those conditions.

Officers: Varies. A high ranking one could be a good couple of hundred years old, kept alive for their expertise. Most - refer to officers in the modern military.

Planetary Governors: Could be a good few hundred - they've got access to rejuve, so provided they don't get assassinated, they'll be ageing at something like a fifth of the normal rate.

Quote2: Is there any info on the colours of specific administratum robes, such as clerics/oficio munitorium/imperial navy uniforms/adeptus administratum scribes/workers?
Firstly, the Administratum is NOT to be confused with the Adeptus Terra.

The Adeptus Ministorum (a.k.a. Ecclesiarchy), Departmento Munitorum, Imperial Navy and even the lowly hive workers are not part of the Adminstratum.

Administratum robes (as worn by Administratum adepts/scribes) start as black and become increasingly white with higher ranks.

Ministorum: depends on sect, but think "Pilgrim" or "Monk" and you're not far off. White, cream, brown, grey. Maybe black, but probably not like you'd imagine a Christian pastor to wear.

Munitorum: wouldn't wear robes, I don't imagine. They're part of a military supply line, so probably olive green fatigues.

Imperial Navy: Navy blue, what else?

Hive workers: Anything and everything. There are tens of thousands of hive worlds, most of which have dozens of hives. Imagine asking "What colour do people on Earth wear", except a million times more vague. Probably not hi-vis jackets and hard hats though, the Imperium isn't big on health and safety.

Quote3: any info or pics of adeptus arbites uniforms?
Look at what the riot officers are wearing in the news, make it a bit more sturdy, and you won't be too far off.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

The Departmento Munitorum is a department of the Administratum. If you can find the Jes Goodwin concept sketches for the Administratum, the Departmento Munitorum adept wears robes that are cut in a kind of military style. It's a look I was quite tempted to replicate when I built my adept.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on August 16, 2011, 01:38:46 PMThe Departmento Munitorum is a department of the Administratum.
Fair enough, that's the one that didn't sound entirely right when I said it.

However, my basic point about them not all being part of the Adminstratum still stands. Particularly the Ecclesiarchy, which I don't think is even actually part of the Adeptus Terra either.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

seaglen

fair point marcoskoll. thanks.

yeah i was wondering about scribes, as im planning a character around one. the only thing i can find is that "the archivist" diorama. a lovely peice, but they are wearing red robes. i already have a mechanicus team, and dont want to sonfuse the two. any artwork you guys know of that i could have a look at?

i guess this pic has info on the imperial navy. plus the adeptus astra telepathica (i think):
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440247a&prodId=prod2010020

Molotov

I've read that the different Segmentae fleets wear different colours. I'd also imagine that Sector Fleets could, at times, have differing colours.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

DapperAnarchist

WH40K: Rogue Trader (the old one) has some details on colours of robes for different branches of what was then called "The Priesthood".  I don't have them to hand though. 
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!