Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discy

Yah for Scythians! :D
However, I have always thought of Scythians as having one eye, like the tribes that lived in Britain in King Arthurs time, because they have the same name(I think). Just a thought :)
Beep if you love muties!

Simeon Blackstar

I think you're thinking of Fomorians, specifically Balor, from Ireland.  The Scythians were a tribe from Russia/Iran area who were noted to use poisoned arrows.

The wonders of Wikipedia.  ;)

Discy

:-[ Yeah, that's right. Could've sworn they were called Scythians, but my memory cannot exactly be trusted...
Beep if you love muties!

Ynek

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on October 09, 2009, 12:16:21 AM
I think you're thinking of Fomorians, specifically Balor, from Ireland.  The Scythians were a tribe from Russia/Iran area who were noted to use poisoned arrows.

They also invented the Scythe, which meant that farm labourers didn't have to crouch with a sickle quite so much, and thus didn't get quite the same crippling back problems that most people in the ancient world did.

That's where the Scythe actually gets it's name... From "Scythian".
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Molotov

Well, I've set up a thread here so that we can discuss the Scythians; hopefully that discussion will give me some inspiration when it comes to equipping this model! :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Molotov

A new update! Inquisitor Balthier is going to be one of the key characters in our forthcoming INQ28 campaign. Here's the latest pictures:

I've also been working on a squad of five Enforcers; hopefully I'll be able to take a picture of them soon.
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

v nice painting but is that a wooden plasma pistol? not sure about that practically...
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

sergeis64

Kudos for the fine small detail and good color scheme.

Myriad

Love the model.

Probably, many plasma pistols are custom pieces, so a decorative fake wood effect is a possibility.  Alternatively, the working is internal and the plasma contained by magnetic fields, so the outer casing could actually be wood - it may even be cheap to replace given the inevitable wear with use. 
Maybe he thinks his pistol catching ablaze and continuing to fire is a suitably wrathful look - he looks like the smiting type.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

O_o

my  question is... is the handle of the  plasma pistol  Ivory or Mother of pearl ??

Adlan

Ivory, my dear sir, ivory. "Only a New Orleans pimp has pearl grip'

Maybe it's bone? The bones of a saint would make a mighty blessed weapon. Or the bones of a heretic, so they would get cleanesed a little more every time the pistol over heats.

Molotov

Thanks for the comments, guys! I wouldn't have thought talking about practicality in 40k was feasible... ;) I think the wood effect was intended to give the weapon the air of being an heirloom (given its unusual design). I suppose it's possible that the wood is inlaid or laquered over the top of the plasma pistol... as for the grip, I imagine it's bone, rather than mother-of-pearl. 

Myriad, thanks for helping me with the justifications!
- precinctomega

precinctomega

My, what a big sword he has.

Where does he put it when he needs a free hand?

R.

Simeon Blackstar

Where does Covenant?  ;)

Nice model - is the plait original to it or yanked from someone else?

Molotov

Simeon - Thanks. The plait is part of the Gideon Lorr model; you can see pictures (of another person's Lorr) here.

In other news, Hurk arrived from Eolith. A really nice model. The sculpting is really crisp:

Also, I mentioned that I'd been working on some Enforcers, and here's a little bit of proof:

My aim is for a five-man patrol team featuring a Proctor with power maul and laspistol, a Judge with shotgun, a Judge with grenade launcher (and various gas grenades) and then two Judges with power mauls and suppressiion shields.
- precinctomega