Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swarbie

And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

SewerRat42

Just got to see this (I'm new xD) and I have to say that I am blown away by the quality of these models, truly amazing work and skills.

I must ask, how was that cyber mastiff done? It's one of my favourite models here! :D

SewerRat42

precinctomega

The cybermastiff is a Necromunda cybermastiff with its head replaced with a vent from a Space Wolves backpack, I believe.

R.

SewerRat42

Ok, thanks for that precinctomega, and yeah, I thought I had seen that head somewhere  ;)

SewerRat

psycho

wow....ive said it before...and im saying it again

well seeing as im back in Sweden again, and pretty much all my 54mm stuff is in the Uk...im currently trying my hand at 28mm....but im finding it hard to get incentive..i mean i LOVE painting and converting the 54mm stuff but at 28mm its a tad harder to get inspired...where you find your inspiration mate?
just wondering like lol
and keep up the hard work
need more updates

kerby

Molotov

I posted the conversion of Ophelia back in March. I sent her to Steve a few months ago, and he's gotten round to painting her.

For those wondering, the original miniature is Viktoria, Bounty Hunter from the 'Outcasts' Malifaux line. They've got some nice models, but they're 32mm compared to the heroic 28mm of Games Workshop. Whilst she's a little tall, I don't think it's a deal-breaker. After all, she's an ex-Battle Sister (now you know what's under that armour!)

The laspistol is a FW resin one from the Cadian Accessories, and the Chainsword is from the Space Marine Scout Sergeant, primarily because it's a little bit shorter and more compact. Dare I say ladylike?

This is just a work-in-progress, but is definitely showing the direction we're intending to go with her.

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Myriad

Very shiny indeed.  Welcome back Molotov's 28mm thread.   :)
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Molotov

Thanks! It's good to be back. :)

Today, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that Ophelia is just about completed:

The bad news is that she's getting scrapped. Unfortunately, the chainsword hand was a little 'injured' in the conversion -moreso than I'd realised. As a result, Steve's ordered a new Viktoria model and is going to attempt to replicate the conversion.

Oh, but I do have some good news - Doghouse has agreed to sculpt a couple of models for my INQ28 campaign, so keep your eyes peeled for those!
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Shannow

When you say scrapped? Do you mean for sale :P? Paintojob looks grand though, I'm a big fan of a lot of the malifaux models, a real shame there is nothing quite equivalent (to my mind at least) at 54mm. I'm certainly aiming to add a few of their models to my INQ28 project when I have the spare dosh.

Again, he's done a lovely paintjoband hope the reconersion comes out well :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Molotov on August 23, 2010, 12:06:32 PMAs a result, Steve's ordered a new Viktoria model and is going to attempt to replicate the conversion.
I'm surprised you need to go to those lengths. That should actually be a pretty easy green stuff fix.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

damaged hand on model = old battle scar from fighting big nasty enemy.
problem sovled.

seriously though, I don't see ANYTHING wrong with the model?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

DapperAnarchist

After close investigation - the ring finger on the sword hand was flattened by the removal of the old sword, I think. Honestly, I agree with Marco - perfectionism is a virtue, but this doesn't require a whole new model :)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Molotov

The second attempt wasn't my idea, but Steve's - blame him for his perfectionism!

In the meantime, here's a quick sketch of Doghouse's first miniature... some of you will doubtless guess the inspiration!

- precinctomega

DapperAnarchist

So, how many hay stacks are you going to have to dot around the table for him to land in?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Easy E

I love the I on the back of Inq. Hoth's coat.  That was awe inspiring to me. 

I didn't like Ophelia's face.  Not your fault, but it looked kind of mannish. 
^Cheapskate^