Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zasapamasawasa

Of course, you haven't taken any inspiration from my knife-and-hand bow wielding character. ;)
http://www.miniclip.com/games/final-ninja/en/ - Humans have finally realised the way of the Assassin.

Myriad

Lots of new stuff.  The forgeworld heads look great.  Le Kard has a great vibe for a rogue trader - very authoritative.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Molotov

Quote from: zasapamasawasa on January 02, 2011, 05:01:45 PM
Of course, you haven't taken any inspiration from my knife-and-hand bow wielding character. ;)

Which character is that? I have to say I'm being unfairly accused! :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

Lovely stuff, Mol.  I'm following your INQ28 blog, too, and loving it.  The face of the agent puts me very much in mind of the bare head on Steve Buddle's 54mm Arbitrator mini.

R.

EDIT - Which means, it suddenly occurs to me, that you could do a great 54mm version of this character using the 54mm Eversor and the Judge's head!

Ferran

Very nice use of the IG bolter guy, looks a lot nicer than the original. DO you have any pics of the axe-weilding version that you mentioned? I'd be interested to see that too.

Molotov

Hey Ferran, thanks for the compliment. I've sent the Harker-with-autogun off to get painted, so hopefully we'll see results frmo Steve in between his Titan sessions (oh, and he just decided to go all Sanguinary Guard on me! Bah!)

The model that I was planning on copying was by Catferret, and was posted on the Eastern Fringe here. Hope that helps!
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Molotov

So today I've been able to go home, and I've been rushing around making some progress on a bunch of conversions.

Firstly, Arbitrator Vaun. During our "Breakout" battle, my friend Nick controlled the Arbites, and Vaun managed to take down four gangers with his shotgun before falling in close combat against Interrogator Venris's forces. Nick said a number of times that he wanted Vaun to join Inquisitor Balthier's retinue.

As a result, we needed to give the model a bit of an overhaul. Vaun was going from being a somewhat generic NPC into a more fleshed-out character. Given his serious injuries in the last game, he's picked up a bionic leg (which I'm still working on.) I also added a winged skull to the butt of his shotgun as I thought it made him look a little different. And, obviously, he's decided to take his helmet off!

I still need to do some green-stuffing to his collar, his breastplate and his wrist (as well as fiddling with his bionic leg to make it a little more integrated), but I really enjoyed the challenge of making him a distinct and interesting model.

Next, Rourke the Sniper.

I've had Rourke kicking around for quite a while, and he was always meant to be part of Balthier's retinue, but I didn't really like how he performed in game. I've changed his long-las into a more traditional lasgun.

The next stage in the continuing saga of Captain LeKard - the sword is taken from the Colonel-Commissar Gaunt model.

And this is the model I'm perhaps most pleased with at the moment:

I've had this conversion in mind for a while, and I'm pleased with how it's turned out.
- precinctomega

Molotov

Okay, so I've been quite busy with INQ28 but I haven't really been posting in this thread very much. So here are some highlights:

I've recently been working on a Rogue Trader warband that takes some influences from Star Trek. I've already shown Captain Picard LeKard in this thread, and I've been working on a tech-priest:

As mentioned previously in a different thread, I do also have the concept for the "Worf" of the group, a mash-up of an Ogryn and the new Donorian Clawed Fiend.

And with some input from DapperAnarchist (et al) I've been working on concepts for a Navigator based around the idea of Data:

We have also been working on terrain for forthcoming games:

We have also been working on a space-capable shuttle for some of our games:

- precinctomega

Easy E

The Data Navigator might benefit from a pet Gyrinx. 
^Cheapskate^

Sabotage!

I have to say LeKard is an incredibly fitting ship captain, he looks like he was taken from an English/French 17th century warship and tossed on a space ship, which is very 40k. He definitely has an aura of command to him, with a fair deal of arrogance and contempt mixed in there, which is perfect for a rouge trader in my mind. Extra Kudos for taking an already fantastic model (DKoK Commissar) and improving upon it.

I like the idea of adding Vaun into Balthier's retinue too, When I saw he took out three guys in just one round of shooting I was pretty impressed (and I imagine Balthier would be too). The bionic leg looks good too. Where did the bit come from if I may ask?

I'm pretty impressed with the conversion of the town cryer Mercenary character too (can't recall his name), I liked the model, but never could find a way to utilize it in my Mordheim group.

Not sure on the "Worf" conversion, but that's in part because I'm not sure if the new DE beast head would be a good fit. Don't get me wrong, it has Worf like ridges, but it seems a bit Chaos-y with all the eyes.

Myriad

Quote from: Sabotage! on March 07, 2011, 10:26:38 PM

Not sure on the "Worf" conversion, but that's in part because I'm not sure if the new DE beast head would be a good fit. Don't get me wrong, it has Worf like ridges, but it seems a bit Chaos-y with all the eyes.

This is inquisitor, after all.  Chaosy comes with the territory.  Like the visored tech priest - too many of those guys have faces.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

Given that this is the premiere INQ28 thread, I thought I'd post this here, rather than start a new thread:

The new Sedition Wars mini from Studio McVey, the Firebrand, looks like it would be a great INQ28 fit:

http://studiomcvey.blogspot.com/2011/03/firebrand-preview-vokker-dargu.html

R.

Molotov

Interesting model. To my taste, the body-armour doesn't look 40k enough. That head is really very cool, though - and may be the solution to one of my problems...
- precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

I want that. Guess I know what I'm painting after my Skrapyard minis :)
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Molotov

Update from Steve:

QuoteGetting very close to finishing Banner, probably be done tomorrow at some point.

With the skin tone and sheer muscle mass of him I got an idea in my head about him being linked to the Afriel Strain. or in some other way gene bred. To carry on the image of the Afriels I went with grey hair - wasn't sure at first but I think it looks cool as feck.  The small piece of cloth tied to his waist I painted red to add a visual link to the Inquisition.

Only the boots, base and tattoos left to do now. Personally dreading the tattoos, but we'll see how it goes.

- precinctomega