Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Needs more pictures of that Deathwatch marine!

Also, is it just me, or are other people shedding tears for the amount of bolt weapons that are in your 28mm collection?  :'(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: RobSkib on September 02, 2009, 12:35:52 PMAlso, is it just me, or are other people shedding tears for the amount of bolt weapons that are in your 28mm collection?  :'(

I wouldn't think so, I only count two in this entire topic so far
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Molotov

Rob, thanks for the comment. Though, like Heroka, I admit to being just a little confused - of the maybe twenty-to-thirty models we're using for our INQ28 campaign, I can think of only two with bolt weapons - an Acolyte with very little ammunition, and a Space Marine who is designed to be used as a GM-controlled Weapon-of-Mass-Destruction. That's surely not enough to make people weep, is it?

Here's the painted pics from El_Diablo:

I'm currently badgering him for some higher-res pictures, so hopefully I'll have something better soon. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Molotov

Sorry for the double-post, but I managed to get my hands on the higher-res pictures:

INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Discy

Love it! How 'bout a truescale Grey Knight?
Beep if you love muties!

precinctomega

synapse, on the Warseer forums, has done a lovely TS Grey Knight.

R.

Molotov

Thanks for the feedback, Robey ;)

Discy - In truth, I haven't really given a Grey Knight much thought. They've never really appealed to me that much. I have entertained the thought of making nine more Deathwatch Marines who can then be used as Movie Marines in a 300-esque "Holding the Hot Gates" type game against a sea of Orks...

Hopefully we should have some more pictures for you soonish! Our campaign should be starting soonish, too...
- precinctomega

RobSkib

I must have been seeing things, I take it back! However, I REALLY like that Deathwatch marine, do you have any scale shots either against an original marine or one of your other 'human' models? I'm interested to see just how much bigger he is in comparison...
                                     +++++++

Molotov

Thanks for the comment, Rob. The only scale shot I have to-hand at the moment is these WIP shots - not fantastic, but should give you a basic idea. I'll ask Steve to put up a shot against a normal Space Marine.

- precinctomega

RobSkib

Oh wow, they're much bigger aren't they? Stirling job! What do you do to the abdomen to cover up the wedge of plastic, do you sculpt pipes etc onto it or just cover it up with the bolter?
                                     +++++++

Molotov

Hey, Rob. I got Steve to send me two comparison pics; The first is a normal 40k Marine alongside this truescaled Deathwatcher:

Secondly, the Marine alongside the Inquisitor Adorno (Solomon Lok) model:

As to your question about the abdomen, it's partly why I shaved part of the waist flat, so that I could put in pipes. Admittedly for this guy I didn't, but for those that are going to have their abdomens visible, I'll be putting pipes into place to reinforce that it's power armour.

:)
- precinctomega

GhouraAgur

Quote from: Molotov on September 11, 2009, 07:41:46 AMAs to your question about the abdomen, it's partly why I shaved part of the waist flat, so that I could put in pipes. Admittedly for this guy I didn't, but for those that are going to have their abdomens visible, I'll be putting pipes into place to reinforce that it's power armour.

What are your plans for the pipes?  Being a lazy hmmmtherulesaredown... I'd be tempted to use guitar strings.  :-\

Oh, your work is a joy to behold, by the way.

Discy

Quote from: precinctomega on September 07, 2009, 03:43:24 PM
synapse, on the Warseer forums, has done a lovely TS Grey Knight.

R.
Link? :)
Beep if you love muties!

precinctomega

Molotov

Well, there's been a bit of a break but I had enough cash left over from payday in order to order a model from Eolith Miniatures: The Hurk model is designed to be a small model at 54mm scale, but at 27mm tall he'll fit perfectly amongst my INQ28 stuff, I reckon.

Here he is:

I'm going to be looking at him with an eye to converting him to better fit into 40k - which will probably entail a weapon swap or two... I liked the idea of including a minor race never really seen on the grand 40k battlefields. I did wonder whether to co-opt the Scythian race, perhaps most famous for killing the first Chapter Master of the Crimson Fists. They're apparently a race of warrior-monks that favour poisoned weapons. I did consider giving him some form of crossbow-type weapon, or a bizarre energy-based pistol.

As far as painting, I did get the image of some of these poisonous frogs:

Perhaps that'll help give an idea of where I'm thinking. I got a message back from Steve Buddle that Hurk comes in two pieces - the main body, and the shield. The shield is moulded to the hand and attaches at the wrist.
- precinctomega