Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

I'm not sure I catch your meaning..?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Molotov

I've begun work on another model that I'm interested in.

In the Inquisitor rulebook is this awesome picture:

Well, I have this:

I like the Varren model, but the head/shoulder arrangement has always annoyed me a little. To me he looks a bit too much like a Sontaran from Doctor Who:

My plan was to carefully remove the head and replace it with the head from this model:

Well, today I received a package from Games Workshop containing a few interesting things. One of them was a Necromunda Enforcers team, which allows me to finish off my Arbite Patrol Team (which will be used later on in the Nova Castille campaign). I also got the priest, which has allowed me to continue work on my Inquisitorial agent-type fellow. I'll admit, I haven't quite worked out who he is, but he should look cool when he gets completed.

As you can see, I've managed to separate the head from the body, and it's a fairly decent match for Varren's head. In truth, I'm starting to realise that the Varren body may not actually be the best bet for making this character, given the copious chest armour Varren wears, and the straps-and-buckles look of the character in the illustration.

By contrast, the head is almost perfect, and I really like it.

Of course, after having removed the head from the Priest, I didn't want to just get rid of the body, so I've tried to re-work it into a possible INQ28 character.

Whereas the original model is "striding forwards purposefully", I sawed into the forward foot slightly and bent the model forwards to make it look like he's launching himself into the fray with little regard for the consequences.

The model's not finished - it needs greenstuffing and the like, but it's a fairly successful spur-of-the-moment conversion based on the bits I had to hand, and he's quite characterful. I've given some thought to removing the winged skull on his chainsword, but then perhaps the character is an ex-Guardsman using his old weaponry...?

Staying on the religious front, some of you may remember Ishmael Castor, the priest used by my friend Nick in Inquisitor Balthier's retinue. If not, you can see pictures in this post. Unfortunately, Ishmael's gone missing, and none of us can find him. WIth a heavy heart he's been consigned to the "lost forever" pile. Whilst there's a chance he'll turn up as soon as I finish the conversion, I've begun work on a second Ishmael so that Balthier's retinue can join the battle for Nova Castille as soon as possible.

INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

looking nice Mol. good job separating the Missionary's head from the torso so cleanly! I love that piece of art, think the Lt is a good basis for it. The priest with the flagellent parts is going to look very nice, some cool stuff in that set.

need to get back to INQ 28...

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Molotov

Thanks, Adam - and I agree, there are some nice pieces in the Flagellant set.

Onto something slightly different, I found some hands for my Hurk model.

I gave some thought as to why the pommel of his dagger had a human skull on it - I came to the idea that it might be a gift from the Inqusitor he works with. As a result, I've attached a brass-etch Inquisition symbol to the scabbard of his blade to show that his work is sanctioned by the Inquisitor in question. Not a fantastic picture, but it should come out in the painting stage:

- precinctomega

Myriad

This Hurk with a gun has to be the cutest model since Mechannika, although at 28mm I suppose he's actually quite large.  Love it.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Hadriel Caine

I don't recognise the gun... is it a heresy miniatures one by any chance?
Looks cool, use of brass etch is subtle and characterful.

I really want to do some Inq 28 now.

The Fall of Astraea

Adlan

Hadriel Caine

I agree. Sanctioned alien requires purity seal. Unless of course he ISN'T sanctioned...
The Fall of Astraea

Molotov

Myriad - He's pretty large, yeah. I remember ever since I first saw the 54mm model on Eolith, I wanted one for my INQ28 games to represent an unknown alien species. He sits relatively well amongst the denizens of the Dark Millennium:

Adam - Good eye; the gun is from Heresy. In fact, I took the arms off HSF014 'The Major' just because I had them lying around and they seemed an appropriate scale.

Adlan - I'll consider the purity seal, though I'm not 100% sure where to put one...
- precinctomega

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Myriad on December 22, 2009, 11:30:41 PM
This Hurk with a gun has to be the cutest model since Mechannika, although at 28mm I suppose he's actually quite large.  Love it.
:D

where'd the brass etching come from?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Molotov

Forgeworld (linky-dink) - some of the =][= symbols would be especially suited for 54mm models - the larger symbols on the top right of that image fit very nicely on Barbaretta's shield, for example. I used a one to nice effect on the Ishmael model:

- precinctomega

foxphoenix135

This thread has been a great inspiration, Molotov! I appreciate the work you have done already, and will am interested to see the stuff you are constantly coming out with!

I too am trying to get a couple warbands made in 28mm, due to the better availability of models I already have. Any basic tips for converting them?

Hadriel Caine

ooh thanks for the link to those brass etch symbols. I hadn't remembered about them. definitely worth a purchase.
The Fall of Astraea

Molotov

Fox - Thanks for the positive comments. What sort of tips are you looking for? Do you have character concepts already? If you get some models together, I'd love to post them on the INQ28 blog so that other modellers can have a look. :)

Adam - No problem!
- precinctomega

precinctomega

I used that missionary head on my "Young Telion" conversion.  It looks awesome.  You can always tell a Jes Goodwin sculpt!

R.