Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's INQ28

Started by Molotov, August 01, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

I haven't seen pictures of that conversion, Robey - got any on hand?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

foxphoenix135

Quote from: Molotov on December 23, 2009, 08:30:48 PM
Fox - Thanks for the positive comments. What sort of tips are you looking for? Do you have character concepts already? If you get some models together, I'd love to post them on the INQ28 blog so that other modellers can have a look. :)

I do have some basic characters together, but they lean more toward the tactical/battlefield side of things, so I am still learning the subtle art of modeling characters that are not always in battle.

This one is on my painting table currently, for my wife:

...and this one is for myself:

Molotov

Start your own thread and put your pictures there, Fox! That way you'll be able to get more focussed feedback on your own work. :)

In other news, here's Saul Baltasar:

Saul was intended to be a "rogue", a bit of a Han Solo-esque character who was ex-Imperial Navy and who had a lot of scrapes and adventures and who had fallen in with Inquisitor Hoth. A lot of people who've seen him seem to think he's a rogue trader, and whilst I've shown some resistance to the idea I'm not so sure now.

Steve was discussing his ideas of the model recently:

QuoteIm starting to get a picture in my head of how he's going to look and I think it might work. I like the idea of the dark blue coat. That with a white undershirt (just poking out of the collar of the coat) and the coat chain painted gold will give enough of a nod to a Naval background, while the rest of his clothing would be more rugged and combat ready. I love the little quirks on this guy, the bionic fist will be a nice counterpoint the a white dress glove on the other hand for example.

I have to admit though, that after not seeing the model for a little while, I'm a little unsure about it. I'm not sure whether the model is visually unbalanced - that is, whether it looks "wrong". I need new opinions on the models, so your feedback is entirely welcomed!
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Adlan

I love it! I think it's pretty cool, and I love the feeling of motion in the model, It's like he's just unholstered the pistol and draw his sword. The model inspires a Snapshot, which is cooled.

Molotov

Thanks, Adlan - Here's two more pictures which I think help illustrate the model far better:

Edit:

For those who might be interested, there's also this snapshot of Titus Dio with his Cyber-Mastiff:

- precinctomega

Myriad

Love Titus.

Saul Baltasar is a pretty good model which I'd certainly be happy with, though now you mention it maybe there is a touch of imbalance, in that he's twisting at a fairly extreme angle and the head doesn't quite follow the arm, but this also gives the model a good dynamic feel to it.  My first reaction was that it was a very cool model, mind.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Discy

:o
Do I see an CSM Obliterator in the background of that pic? Please tell me it's for a 40k army...
Beep if you love muties!

Molotov

Haha, it is indeed for a 40k army, specifically Steve's Death Guard (some pics of which can be seen here, here, here, here and here.)

So don't worry, there will be no Obliterators gracing the battlefields of INQ28. :) If anything, given how I've "true-scaled" the Deathwatch Space Marine, an Obliterator model would be too small to represent an Obliterator!

- precinctomega

Ferran

I think the Saul model looks fine. Being based on the Kal model I believe he's supposed to look like that, with an arched back, as if he's nonchalantly leaning back to get a better angle on his target. The 54mm version also has this feature.

Carados

Quote from: Myriad on December 29, 2009, 11:15:21 PM
Saul Baltasar is a pretty good model which I'd certainly be happy with, though now you mention it maybe there is a touch of imbalance, in that he's twisting at a fairly extreme angle and the head doesn't quite follow the arm, but this also gives the model a good dynamic feel to it.  My first reaction was that it was a very cool model, mind.

Yup.  Something isn't quite right about him.  It might be the way the head is but I can't pin it down.  Or maybe the arm?  Maybe try moving the right arm so it follows his eyes as they are currently?

Molotov

I did give some thought to that, but if you put your head and arm in similar positions, it's actually possible to see. Sometimes with models, we only ever have our characters looking straight forward, perhaps due to the trouble painting with eyes. It's possible for him to be looking slightly to his right...

I've got a sneaking suspicion that paint will improve thism model a bit... Fingers crossed!
- precinctomega

Ferran

I don't see the problem with his head. Ofc the left eye needs to be painted with its pupil looking right but that's all.

Carados

Quote from: Molotov on January 02, 2010, 12:41:09 PM
I did give some thought to that, but if you put your head and arm in similar positions, it's actually possible to see. Sometimes with models, we only ever have our characters looking straight forward, perhaps due to the trouble painting with eyes. It's possible for him to be looking slightly to his right...

I've got a sneaking suspicion that paint will improve thism model a bit... Fingers crossed!

I've tried it and it strains my right eye - so I mustn't be doing it right or I'm a freak.  I feel a lot more relaxed with my arm held up at a lighter angle.  Regardless, it's only a problem if you really look at the model and/or it gets brought up.  It looks great at first glance  ;D.

dwi

IT"S GORD RAMSY IN 40K! HOLY CRAP!!!! Well kudos your painter anyway. I don't like the deamon hosts pose though