Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Emyrd - Wyrd Beastmaster

Started by greenstuff_gav, September 01, 2011, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, here's the stat line to go with My Autumn Conclave Modelling Thread :)

Born Keith Toffington, a noble from the top of the spire on the hive world Carnack V, he wanted for nothing and was raised in comfort.
It was at the start of his teenage years things changed; he was able to control the songbirds and exotic animals in the family menagerie.
it was not long before his powers were discovered; he was a psyker able to command animals, known as a Beastmaster across the Imperium.

As an unlicensed psyker, he was to be killed by firing squad. Dawn found Keith strapped to a firing post; the loyal Guard Captain aiming carefully with his Hot-shot-lasgun at Keiths head.
As he pulled the trigger a local maybird attacked the soldier, throwing off his aim; the searing hot blast arcing across Keiths face, forever burning away his flesh.
as a flock of animals attacked all at the ceremony, the animals cut Keith from his bonds and he retreated into the depths of the hive.
He spent over a a decade carving a reputation amongst the sewage and filth at the very sump; known as The Rat King from the swarm of vermin surrounding him, he received a plethora of scars and wounds from raids and skirmishes with locals, bandits, bounty hunters and eventually the Arbites.

he eventually managed to secrete himself on a Pilgrimship leaving Carnack, travelling across the Imperium, little more than a scavenger travelling aimlessly.

hearing news of possible Saint Aeslin, Emyrd is travelling toward Ilithyia with the aim of finding a touch of the unusual and give himself a purpose.

Note: Emyrd is a character with several character sheets. The profile here is his First Incarnation, a historical representation and is set before he reached the peak of his power.

WS BS  S  T I  Sg Ld NV WP Sp
67 23 62 66 62 58 49 65 70 4

Skills: Beastmaster. True Grit. Spiderking.

Beastmaster:
Gains Wyrd:Puppetmaster & Wyrd:Telepathy toward any animal / creature smaller than himself.
May Use Puppetmaster or Telepathy on any animal / creature.
May spend an action to make a WP test. If passed, choose one of the following:
-Summon 1 Spider Token.
-Summon 1 Spider Minion. Sacrifice 3 Spider Tokens.
-Summon 1 Giant Spider. Sacrifice 6 Spider Tokens.
-Gain ability to move across any terrain feature, in any direction, without penalty. Can be used to fall without taking damage. Sacrifice 2 Spider Tokens.
-Gain D6 ablative armour to all locations, rolled seperately each time is used. Each Hit received removes 1 Spider Token.
-WS +20. Sacrifice 1 Spider Token.

Spiderking:
Everytime this model inflicts damage (after armour) or receives damage, gain 1 Spider Token.

Equipment:
Weapon Reach Damage Parry Weight
Knife    1     D6   -25%    5
Whip     4     D6+1 -50%   10
Enemies attempting to parry a whip suffer an extra –20% to parry.

AV 1 to Arms / Legs / groin, Chest/Abdomen (from side/behind only)

Spider Minion
WS BS  S  T I  Sg Ld NV WP Sp
40 40 40 40 40 0  0   0 0  3

Skills: Poison Bite (melee attacks count as Unarmed with Bloodfire Toxin), Small Target (-10% to hit), Swarm (Generates 2 Spider Tokens when killed)
Equipment: spinneret (counts as web pistol that does no damage. Allows the miniature to traverse across any terrain in any direction without penalty)

Giant Spider 
WS BS S  T  I  Sg Ld NV WP Sp
60 60 60 60 60 0  0  60  0  4

Skills: Poison Bite (melee attacks count as Short Sword with Bloodfire Toxin), Swarm (Generates 4 Spider Tokens when killed)
Equipment: spinneret (counts as web pistol. Allows the miniature to traverse across any terrain in any direction without penalty), AV2 to all locations.

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

DapperAnarchist

The Swarm rule creeps me out no end... just imagining it going "splat" and suddenly theres spiders all round your ankles...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Adlan

In the Backstory, should it read spider king? Rather than Rat King?

Love the character.

Darksinger

Interesting... I hate spiders btw, This guy is creepy.

Still, he's a very interesting Character.

greenstuff_gav

so, having spent most of the Autumn Conclave doing absolutely nothing (one action a turn!) i've done some tweaks :)

on the whole the Conclave worked out in my favour; i'd hoped to get Emyrd ito contact with a Chaos Cult to further his development into the Chaos Circus and thankfully, that's what heppened in the last game :D
will be a background interpretation / write-up at some point :)

also worth noting from Kaled and MarcoSkoll, The Small Size penalty is -30% not -10% :P
on top of this, the Swarm rule is being changed; Spider Minions generate 1 token, Giant Spiders generate 2 tokens.

the Spider Minions Spinneret only hits 1 location (web pistols normally hit D6+1 locations), but Minions are armed with Spinneret and Poison Fang (over the weekend i took one or the other!)

i also need to dig out the Alien Character Generator to reshuffle the Hit Location / Damage Chart for the spiders!

some big changes to Beastmaster; with only one action a turn (on average :P ) and only having one character on the board, the Summoning needs to happen more often as i'd have periods of sitting waiting, especially when he was stunned!

Beastmaster:
Gains Wyrd:Puppetmaster & Wyrd:Telepathy toward any animal / creature smaller than himself.
May Use Puppetmaster or Telepathy on any animal / creature.
Emyrd begins the game with D3 Spider Tokens, rolled before deployment.

At any point of his activation, may take a WP test. This is in addition to any actions Emyrd takes, but must be declared as as action.
If WP test is passed, choose one of the following:
-Summon D3 Spider Tokens.
-Summon 1 Spider Minion. Sacrifice 2 Spider Tokens.
-Summon 1 Giant Spider. Sacrifice 4 Spider Tokens. The Giant Spider may not act this turn.
-Gain ability to move across any terrain feature, in any direction, without penalty. Can be used to fall without taking damage. Sacrifice 2 Spider Tokens.
-WS +20. Sacrifice 1 Spider Token.
-Gain D6 ablative armour to all locations, rolled seperately each time is used. Each Hit received removes 1 Spider Token. This maybe declared whenever Emyrd takes damage, and is rolled before the Damage is calculated.
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Those rules look better - he definitely needed a boost to get more spiders on the board. I'd like to see him start alone but by the end of the game he should be threatening to overwhelm his opponents withe summoned minions.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat