Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Brimstone's Russian WIPs (PIC HEAVY)

Started by Brother_Brimstone, September 25, 2011, 07:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother_Brimstone

On ebay i saw a box of 5 Amazonian women from the same Russian seller that sells the insurgents, priates, skeletons, cyborgs etc... Anyway, as soon as i saw them, I thought they'd need very little work to turn into Escher gangers. Anyway, here they are, pre-painting (painting is currently ongoing)

-Ganger with shortsword, stubber, bullet belt and bionic eye.

- Ganger with chain-polearm of some kind and skull charms.

- Ganger with grenade, bionic arm, shock polearm (i made it to look like a cross between a staff and a giant cattleprod)

- Ganger with stubber (bayonetted) and sword.

- Ganger with bionic arm, stubber, short sword and hand cannon type heavy revolver thing (i just liked the 40k grenade launcher as a sort of giant, oversized revolver)

Comments/criticism welcomed and appreciated.

MrMasochist

These look great. Really like the small conversions done to each individual model to '40k-ifie' them.  each of the small changes stands out now but looks like it will seem part of the original model when painted.

Thanks for sharing - cant wait to see them painted.

MrMasochist
To live in such times is to be one of untold billions...

Brother_Brimstone

Hey, thanks very much for the comment. I thought the models already looked sufficiently like the escher models to not need massive amounts of converting, so i felt they just needed a bit of grimdark to make them more obviously within the setting.

In that vein, here are the rest! (didn't think that was all i'd been working on, did you? :P). I've renamed the thread so i don't need to clog up the board with several different threads for my different groups, but i'll separate them by post (so apologies for the triple post!)

Here are the russian 'Pirate' models, brought into the 41st millenium;

- Mercenary with flamethrower

-Mercenary with minigun

-Mercenary with poweraxe and stubber (the skull  on the pistollooks more pronounced than it is. it has been filed flat, the otline is just where the plastic used to be raised)

-Mercenary with some sort of automatic rifle and stubber

-Mercenary with dual chainswords and black powder rifle.

I loved the models, and i've converted them as i thought would look best, but i still have no idea what they're going to 'be' eventually! At the moment i'm just calling them 'mercenaries' and intend on either lending them to new players as a pre-made beginner's warband or using them as generic NPC enemies. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas as what they could be (or do people like them just as generic mercenaries?), feel free to suggest.

And with regards to the models themselves, as usual comments and criticism are welcomed and appreciated,

Brother_Brimstone

Next up, the ever-popular insurgent models! I intend to use these really as what they already are; gangers.

As usual, comments/criticism appreciated.

-Ganger with dual chain-hatchets.

-Ganger with axe and stickbombs

-Ganger with sniper rifle.

-Ganger with stubgun

-Ganger with heavy stubber and machete.
(apologies for terrible angle. By the time i realised, i'd already began basecoating. He's holding the Big Shoota you get in a pack of Ork Boyz)

Brother_Brimstone

Last but not least, a group I imagine to be PDFsmen, an imperial guard troop or some other official military men. Their hats may seem odd for 40k, but i quite liked them, and saw a lot of potential for conversion in the models. I have to say, i'm quite pleased with how they turned out, too!

Again, comments and criticism appreciated.

-Guard with claw and twin guns

-Guard with rocket launcher.

-Guard with chainsword and stubber

-Guard with lasrifle

-Guard with laspistol and chainsword.

DapperAnarchist

The big fat one with a claw is my favourite, he's worthy of PC or Big Bad status too. And don't forget his spare laslock/blackpowder pistol!

Though... avoid red or green when painting, as he may turn out as Santa Klaws then...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Brother_Brimstone

Yeah, the Claw guy reminds me of a Commissar (but maybe partially because he has an orky claw like Yarrick). it's either he, or the flamethrower pirate, that's my favourite of the models. I'm still not sure whether i want these models as NPCs or PCs, although i don't think it necessarily has to be an either/or thing. They can take up space on a board as NPCs, if i need any, but if I want to use any of them as PCs (as i do Sgt Klaw and Captain Flamey), then i can always work up a backstory and stats and form a warband!

Thanks for the colour advice - i hand't thought about that, but it's a good point! I think they're going to be outfitted in a nice dark blue and shining silver to keep them away from looking christmassy!

Anyway, thanks for the comment - always good to get any feedback people are willing to offer.

Lucidum

It's awesome how well 40K ork bits work at 54mm, isn't it? :)

Trasher

Wow, great conversions! I'm tired right now so I won't make this long. I might edit this post later though.

What I want to say is that you might wanna consider reposing the head of Guard with laspistol and chainsword so he is aiming with the laspistol. That was the only thing out of all these pictures that struck me as odd.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Heroka Vendile

very nice stuff, I'd agree that the flamer pirate and klaw soldier stand out as the best of the bunch, but good work all round.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Quickdraw McGraw

The Pirates are awesome!  Makes me want to say... Show me the Booty!!!  ;)
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Adlan

Quote from: Trasher on September 27, 2011, 10:49:50 PM
What I want to say is that you might wanna consider reposing the head of Guard with laspistol and chainsword so he is aiming with the laspistol. That was the only thing out of all these pictures that struck me as odd.

seconded, it would really make the model work so much better, and should be a fairly easy conversion.

I love the vast range of models here. The PDF warband is probably my favourite, so slovenly and bad at drill they never get called into the guard, but they know every back alley in their city and where the cheap vodka is. Not the sort of people to mess with.

Van Helser

Plenty of inspiration here for the remainder of my Russian plastics.  Excellent!

Ruaridh