Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inq Thavien, Retinue, and WIPs

Started by 420Jesus, September 18, 2011, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Jesus

First post !!! but i have been lurking old threads getting inspiration. All are WIPS. bellow are pics of

Unnamed rogue psyker/trader that will be very large part of campaign im currently writting. (my fav NPC) He is a heretiic psyker who banishes deamons into weapons and object. will be friend or foe depending on PC's playing choices

Inquisitor Thavien is based loosely off a model i've seen on here and really liked. He is a strict Ordo Militant inquisitor working hand in hand with the Ecclisary. Borderline corrupt (depending on your oppinion of right/wrong) Sent to resource mining planet is to rid the world of its chaos cultist scourge - grown to be arch enemy of above unnamed psyker

Sister Repentia based off Sevora or Severina this will be the heaviest conversion - its still far from finished - strives to repent for the sins of her past life and please her master Inquisitor Thavien

fairly un-molested deamonhost model - no back story yet

Had the idea to use the preacher josef torso for heavy bolter or heavy flamer model and noticed its been done aswell but im at a stand still on making the weapon... any inspirational links or tips would be appreciated

Imperial Guard based off Dorian Black - not much back story. served in many wars against the orks. still undecided whether he will be part on Inq. Thaviens retinue or lead a squad of the guard stationed on the planet to protect miners/city folk from mutants/cultists

Grrrrr... after all this typing i cant figure out how to upload my pics..... may have to host on seperate site and link...

how do i upload to the-conclave ?

most models have completed conversion and now have to greenstuff for finishing touches befor paint

DapperAnarchist

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Yeah, the Clave has no upload ability itself. I use Picasa, it has no bandwidth limit and no claim to reproduction rights on your images.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

greenstuff_gav

there's a wee guide in the Witch Hunter FAQ .. i must get one for the Inq Modelling subsection
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

420Jesus

Thank you both for your quick and very helpful responses

here are the first photos. low res. befor greenstuff
https://picasaweb.google.com/107363889975839339810/InquisitorWIPStage1?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ2Zo8rEh7LgRg

i managed to greenstuff the Inquisitors neck and attach his head. he still needs his hair to be GS'd
also got a very good first try on the hand for the rogue psyker.  this is the first time ive used GS for modeling and not just gap filling or small things like connecting heads or arms.

ill track down a better camera for my next set of pics. hopefully get some work done on the sister first
progress may be slow FYI

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: 420Jesus on September 18, 2011, 11:36:42 PMill track down a better camera for my next set of pics.
I wrote a brief guide on getting clear model photos a while back that might be helpful to you.

The linked example photo in that thread was taken with something that was a mediocre entry level point and shoot 4 years ago, so camera quality is not a big deal (the only real requirement is a macro focus setting) - good technique is far more important when taking model photos.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

420Jesus

https://picasaweb.google.com/107363889975839339810/September302011

Better pics added
Needed a little more light and a step back.  Unfortunately I'm still using my phone camera but you can actually see the models now

Psycher uses Kal Jericho base using both left arms, Slick Devlan's revolver, the book and holster are from Malicant, with the lock from Cherubel.  The hand was my first greenstuff modeling and I am very happy with it.  When I get an actual camera with manual/macro focus I will show the detail in the hand.  It looks great from the front

Inquisitor Thavien uses Malicant's robes, Covenant's torso, Josef's arms and I have added the maul from the LOTR ogre model.  Still needs guitar wire cables.  Slick Devlan's head is still not finished I just used some putty to mock it on for the pics.  Also noticed I missed a large gap at his wrist that still needs filling and shaping

Next up will be my heavy weapon preist, and sister repentia with eviscerator.