Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

University of Manchester RPG Soc. 18/10/11

Started by Adlan, October 20, 2011, 06:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

So to set the scene, Sanctioned Psycher and experimental drug tester Sheridan Apellon has run from Inquisitor Hanja's current residence and out into the underhive.

And Inquisitor Hanja and warband chase after her. Along with three psytracking cyber masstif's (well, two and a cyber roo)

Why is she running? They don't know. And why is Sheridan running? Even her player doesn't know, though I did give her two fully effective doses of Diphoterine (Maxed 2x4D10 to WP and minus 2D6 FROM WP every turn), and I passed him a sheet with extra psychic powers on it.

Too represent the chase, I used a mishmash of the rolling table top rules. It worked quite well.

Although one of the first things Hanja did was run right into a water tower, luckily avoiding a minor concussion.

Some quirk of programming caused the Cyber roo to attempt and fail to jump onto a buildings room 3 times, only to get left behind as the chase raced on.

Until sheridan decided to try and evade her pursuers by doing a flying kick into a nearby door, sucessfully opening the unlocked workshop entrance.

Rifleman Verger though, decided not to bother with the door.

And getting every action he needed to complete his goal, with nothing less than a perfect placement of the krak grenade, he created a door that little bit closer.

And through the breach, the burly bodyguard charged.

While Inquisitor Hanja tried to push open the door with his Telekenetic powers, he failed, and got stuck outside. Having been unable to push the door open, he deduced it must be a pull door. And remained stuck outside.

Unjen however, was more than capable of dealing with Sheridan, and with a single stunning blow from his electroflail, brought her down.

Unfortunately, now that she was stunned, Sheridan could no longer keep back the nightmares tearing at the edge of reality, the dreams of an earlier encounter with a dark, evil psychic power. Manifesting as apparitions from the hive mind.

A Single Cyberhound passed through into the room, it's psysensor screaming with the presencse of warp manifestations. As for the other, it's sensors must have overloaded, as it ground into the wall.

Unnerved, but not afraid, Ungen smashes his was through the first Flapping deamon.

The Cyberhounds though, leap and snap ineffectually at the warp spawned moths above them.

To Escape the room, they flap out the hole left by the explosive charge, but only one successfully makes it, the other's wings clip the broken edge of the building.

The last apparition escaped, but with their psycher recovered, and lots of data on the side effects of diphoterine recorded, the Inquisitor is not too displeased.

Lacerto

Fun report, great snaps. I love that Verger was able to destroy part of the wall; an advantage of cardboard terrain. Poor old Hanja seemed a little confused. Maybe experimenting with some drugs himself?

Seraphim

Once again I'd like to show off my favour with the dice gods my character this time, Ungen, was able to successfully batter off all 3 flying-rippers demons while only receiving one point of damage from that lovable drug-addled witch.

Highlights of the night were: Verger's awesome yet redundant wall-breaching display (there's a door RIGHT THERE), the cyber-roo once again being forfeited due to falling off the table (a game mechanic rather than literally this time) and what happens when flying lesser demons try to fight indoors and being promptly knocked back by Hanja's sanctuary power.
Loading: Cognition, Sapience, Sentience.

Mordenkenain

See, I'm not sure what the dice gods opinion of me is, I always seem to achieve the impossible (eg getting off the table last week with my arm barely attached), but fail to complete the unbelievably simple (eg turning a corner with a cyber-mastiff or jumping up a building using a cyber-roo with JUMPING PISTONS for ****s sake)
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Myriad

Great to hear about some games being played.  Hanja fails to open a door .  Love it. :)
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!