Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Long time Lurker now member

Started by Inquisitor Liss, September 03, 2009, 01:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Liss

;D Hi guys and greetings from across the pond in Ohio. I am a long time lurker and admirer on this forum. I am currently getting my guys ready for posting but I wanted to share a conversion for another game my group plays  called Mutant Chronicles. It is a 54mm miniature game by FFG. the game is dead but we still play and we use the stuff for Inquisitor as well. This is my converted Ice golem 
http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/InquisitorLiss/Ice%20Golem/

and here is what it used to be
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?SKU=MC04

Sorry about the links and the need to cut and paste but I dont know how to insert the pics like you guys.  I will post my warbands later when my camera is recharged.

Kallidor

;DWELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE ;D

I like him. Not too keen on the original but with the head swap and paint job he looks really good.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kaled

Quote from: Inquisitor Liss on September 03, 2009, 01:58:10 AM
Sorry about the links and the need to cut and paste but I dont know how to insert the pics like you guys.  I will post my warbands later when my camera is recharged.
Just put {img} {/img} tags around the link (but with square brackets [] instead of squiggly ones).

Looking forwards to seeing your pics.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

I've converted a few Mutant Chronicles models for INQ, myself.

Welcome to the Conclave.

R.

Adlan

Looks good, I'd of stuck him on a =][= base, and I'd of maybe moved away from the snow theme, but it looks nice, very good paint job.

What is he in game? a Mutant Servitor?

Inquisitor Liss

We still play mutant chronicles which is why he is on the hex base.  In Inquisitor I use him as a demon host or arcoflag.

sergeis64

@PrecinctOmega- since you converted some figs from these games to =I= can you tell which ones are actually 54mm scale- it seems that most of the Confrontation ( have not seen those in a while), Anima and Mutant Chronicles are actually 28mm with only "Monsters" being close to 54mm...
Regs, Sergei

Kaled

You can see at least one of the models PO did in his retrospective. The Mutant Chronicles range is 54mm; Confrontation and Anima Tactics are 28mm (or is it 30mm).
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

TheNephew

It's quite surprising how much of a difference the head swap makes.
Since you're using the golem for both systems, I wouldn't've changed it either, but the blades on his arms don't look GW style - this is something that usually sticks out at me when conversions like this are done. Not a big problem really, but I notice it.
Having said that, I'll be having a shuffle around the MC range myself now - I've read the books, but not much about the game.

Edit: One of the other things that tends to stick out is different companies' armour styles as well.
Having said that, a fair few of the Brotherhood and Dark Symmetry character pieces could be head-swapped into 40k as cult leaders or Chaos magi, and re-armed appropriately.
The Karak's Curse guy might work as well, but it's nearly impossible to tell without other camera angles that I'm too lazy to search for.
The Venusian Rangers could have been wearing prototype power armour, were it not for the fact that they're almost normally proportioned, and therefore about half the required width.
Some of the AT-43 models looked like they may have promise as well.

Inquisitor Liss

I will post another thread when I do my Inquisitor models in the am that shows some size comparisons. The Venusian rangers are a little big but they could be prototype armor like you explained. Karak will be hard to explain in Inquisitor as you will see in my size comparisons. He makes Artemis look like a school girl in a skirt.   :o

sergeis64

@Kaled- I'd be hard pressed to say which one !
Some of the Confrontation is quite up to par with Inq scale- but not quite humanoid.
Larger "monster" types can always be used as scenario "hazard" , but might look out of place as band members...