Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Manchester RPG Soc. Character Development

Started by Adlan, October 27, 2011, 08:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

This thread is for the Players from my gaming group to post up their character concepts and ideas, bounce them around, and hopefully get suggestions, comments and criticism from this, the most high and noble Conclave.

Seraphim

Just a few early concepts: comments, criticisms, any suggestions or potential rules would appreciated.

My potential warband is a techpriest plus a servo-hound. The priest is one Magos Seonaidh Quint, recently promoted at the ripe old age of 71 for finding information on the potential location of an STC template (the information is vague enough not to promote him higher). This permits a potential storyline of him looking for more information/the template itself and permits him to ally/atomise any people he meets with so long as it benefits his cause.

I'd like his design to be, ranged-focused and fairly steampunk-ish (lots of gears and copper piping). I've never used green-stuff before but I'd like to make lots of funky implants for him as he'll need to be fairly strong in order to make them a viable two-man warband.

The servo-hound is ideally to have a breaching drill replacing either it's entire head or just the lower jaw. Other than that I've got no ideas, not even any character flaws.

This leaves me with a problem of what to do with Seonaidh's missing arm that I would have used to produce my servo-unicorn, my current idea is to just have two mechandrites, coiling around each other, come out of his sleeve and grasp either a close-combat weapon or a gadget of some kind.

I've currently got one servo-hound and a Delphan Gruss miniature.
Loading: Cognition, Sapience, Sentience.

Mordenkenain

My character (yes, one man [woman/elf?] warband) is an outcast dark eldar with a skyboard. She is in a semi self-imposed exile (she could go back, but there are a lot of people gunning for her if she does) and is hunting for technology/power/'allies' to allow her to take out the archon who is trying to hunt her down (still need to work out a few of the bugs behind this storyline before I post it), all the while, trying to feed off of peoples pain enough to fend off She Who Thirsts (I have got this right, haven't I, they feed off of suffering to fortify themselves against the influence of Slaanesh?). For some missions, she will have to go on foot, in which case her only ranged weaponry will be some throwing daggers coated in hallucinogens.

I'll take all the advice people are willing to offer, cos I need it to be balanced for when Adlan runs a campaign.
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Kaled

Quote from: Mordenkenain on October 28, 2011, 06:55:54 PM
skyboard
Sounds cool - I've often thought a character on a skyboard would be good. I never got around to making any rules for one. Have you had any thoughts in that regard.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Mordenkenain

there's some skimmer rules in MarcoSkoll archives, slight variation on that I think

RobSkib

I really like the idea of a character flying a skyboard, I look forward to seeing the model posted up in the P&M forum soon!

As a sidenote on one-man warbands however, you may struggle with casuaties (or casualty?) in campaigns spanning several scenarios. If your character gets stunned or wounded by a stray round early on, you can face a looooong wait while everyone pushes their models round waiting for your turn to come round again. It's not fun for your only input in a game to be "my character crawls behind a wall and heals his chest for the rest of the game."

Have you thought about having some serfs, broken minions or slaves to follow him around and do his bidding? It would give you that extra 'buffer' of expendable meat. They needn't be remotely adept at combat, so you still retain the 'single powerful warrior' feel of your warband, but would give you some leeway for casualties.

Think average Imperial Citizen stats, (mid 30s) yet armed with interesting weaponry to make them fun to play with. How about a slave with explosives strapped to his chest? What about a minion wielding a webber and a knife? Something to incapacitate your PC's foes, but leave them alive and struggling for pickup and potential slavery/interrogation/dickery.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Mordenkenain

I'll have a word with adlan, see what he says about that, but I like the idea

Adlan

Well, we already have one suicide bomber gang, so that idea might be left for the commisar/penal legion band concept. But yeah, crazed slaves would be acceptable and amusing.