Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spiders and Shotguns; Emyrd on Ilithyia

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 30, 2011, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Emyrd wrapped his cloak around himself tightly; he had arrived on Ilithyia without trouble; his Identslate had been accepted without question; no-one would doubt the word of Lord Keith Toffington, even given his current state.

He had heard rumours of this Miracle Corporal and the possibility of witchcraft in her resurrection.
He had also heard of an Inquisitorial Investigation Team had disappeared; if he could find where they had fallen, he could recover information regarding to where to find this Corporal and replace the information with falsified records to ensure their meeting would remain a secret.

unfortunately other Inquisitorial Agents were also investigating the ruins...

skulking around the shadows, Emyrd could only watch as the Inquisition encountered a corpse and loot its secrets

even more shocking was when the dead investigator rose from the dead to attack the Inquisitor!

Emyrd remained hidden, gathering his Spider familiars and calling a Minion during a frantic firefight with the zombie; One of the Inquisition teams making it out of the area with the dataslate.

While Emyrd snuck to the edge of the area to slip his falsified records into the rubble, a pair of warriors diced the zombie and above Emyrds' head an Inquisitor was attacked by his Spider Minion, only to have the Inquisitor destroy the arachnid with a round of firepower from his boltgun!

Emyrd called apon a Giant Spider to engage the two warriors, it successfully encasing the woman's' torso and the head of the mechanicus, giving Emyrd time to escape while the team purged the spider and recovered the false data...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

Emyrd retreated into the ruins of a hab-block; feeling at home amongst the ruins and hidden in darkness.
as he ventured into the darkness he discovered several tomes in the tomb, no doubt arcane rituals.
unfortunately he was not alone; a Xenos team was investigating these tombs as well!

as Emyrd entered the area, he spotted a Xenos Warrior bolt up a ramp toward the tome while the rest of the xenos infiltrated the tomb.

undeterred, Emyrd dashed into some foliage, grabbing one of the large tomes, while in the distance one of hte investigators from the previous encounter did likewise.

unfortunately for the beastmaster, one of the Inquisitors henchmen spotted his mad dash and let loose a long range shotgun blast, catching Emyrd in the face!
Fortunately the swarm of spider familiars took the majority of the blast, leaving Emyrd stunned

As a firefight broke out between this impetuous fighter and the xenos warrior, Emyrd regained his senses and dashed underneath a bridge, taking refuge in the shadows, using the cover to summon a Minion.

Meanwhile, the Xenos warrior took a heavy shotgun round to his arm, dropping his alien weapon. resting his pistol, the warrior took careful aim and shot the agent in the head, completely avoiding the investigators massive shield!
rolling slightly and unaware of Emyrd camping beneath him, he aimed at the Inquisitor who was assaulting the Xenos pilot

and with a careful shot, also perforated the inquisitors head!

As the Xenos team withdrew with the tomes, Emyrd followed them from the shadows, his spider familiars aiding him to stay hidden and climb across the tombs.

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

The Xenos team made its way deeper into the hives, encountering a meeting between an inquisitor and the mysterious Corporal, accompanied by two Adeptus Sororitas.

Emyrd followed from above head height, approaching the encounter from behind

while all parties were preoccupied with arguments between the Inquisitor and the Xenos Negotiator, Emyrd used the opportunity to approach the meeting, hoping to gain access to the Corporal.

at this point one of the spiders under Emyrds control snuck forward, approaching the tense situation as the Inquisitorial Team warned of the Xenos and approaching threats.

the Spider fired a mass of constricting webs at the Corporal, binding one of her legs and giving the inquisitor the excuse to engage the (supposedly) attacking Xenos.
one of the Sisters Of Battle attacked the Spider Minion, it's small size and quick instincts allowing it to avoid the slashes of her powered blade.

the other Sororitas, spotting Emyrd approaching, drew her Bolt Gun and aimed, Emyrd throwing himself into cover to avoid any rounds.

however, the arguments between the Inquisitor and the Xenos agents was cut short when a Chaos Cult attacked the dome; a wave of mutants and heretics charging toward the meeting

Emyrd, recovering his wits, saw the Battle Sister attacking his minion succeed in cleaving it in twain. focussing his abilities, he called upon another Giant Spider, it clambering down into the shadows alongside him.

Even as the Cultist forces swarmed in even greater numbers, the inquisitor began dragging the Corporal toward Emyrds hiding place, straight toward the waiting maw of his Giant Spider.
However, all stood in shock as an Imperial Valkyrie landed in the area crushing a shrubbery and nearly squashed the Battle Sister who had dispatched the Spider Minion.

the Corporal was dragged ever closer to Emyrd as more and more Chaos Cultists amassed toward the meeting...

when a massive las-blast from an orbiting Satellite cleaved through the heretics ranks!
this apocalyptic blast gave the Inquisitorial Team, the Xenos Ambassador and the Corporals entourage time to join forces with a team leaving the Imperial flyer at quite a pace and all parties made their escape, the cultists attempting to gain access to the abandoned Valkyrie only to be caught in an explosion detonating from it's undercarriage!

As the smoke cleared and Emyrd struggled to climb out of the scattered ruins, he looked up to see a long black cloak, a red star emblazoned upon it. the figure extended a hand and an odd smile played on his features.
"Well well my child. would you not rather utilise those gifts with a purpose?"

Build Your Imagination

Lacerto

Great pictures! The first person ones amongst the euins are my favourite. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved I didn't face the chittering spider horde. Rumours of the zombie attack spread wide. Was that ever attributed to anything to do with the Corporal? And who is the strange figure with the cloak? So many questions.