Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Summer Conclave 2012 (Cancelled for Now)

Started by Necris, October 30, 2011, 09:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

EDIT

As mentioned in the last post I can no longer run this event

Sorry

EDIT

It's early I know but since I volunteered myself for the Duty of running the Summer Conclave I thought I'd get the ball rolling ASAP

Early inclinations I've come up with is a Schism War within the Cathaxian Conclave surrounding the Puritan and Radical Factions clashing is an escalating situation that could potentially lead to a War within the Inquisition.

I'm intending to have 2 primary Factions

Puritan and Radical

and a number of lesser factions within the primary factions

Within these factions there will be an appointed leader (Elected by the faction)

Now this does not make Inquisitors and Imperial forces exclusive by any means any force could be being exploited / allied within each faction (though chaos within the puritans will need a dammed good reason)

So this is open to

Imperial
Xenos
Chaos
Xenos
etc

I'm considering splitting the day into 3 phases  though I'd love to be able to run this across 2 days but know many of you will be unable to commit to a 2 day stay over

1st phase will be Escalation (monring)
2nd phase will be balancing the scales (Before and after Lunch)
3rd phase will be conclusion (Afternoon)

I'll be hammering out my ideas on this thread an answering questions here and I'm hoping for as much interest as Marco's event if not more (Fingers crossed)

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Well, you can provisionally count me in.

~~~~~

As far as the idea... two questions - firstly, the relative balance of the factions (How would a wildly uneven split work out), and secondly, how having two distinct sides restrict the allocation of players to tables?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

Hoping you can make it Marco

In answer to your second question I had intended for allocation to fall to faction leaders deciding to pledge operatives to each table I'm intending to present a number of scenarios to Leaders and then have them choose where to distribute their subordinates

Now limiting tables to certain numbers I'm thinking of having 2 major objective tables and some lesser tables surrounding the major events (Much akin to your final scenario)

Obviously though I'm still at the early stages of planning the mechanics of the event but I'm hoping I'll be able to hammer out some ideas before Christmas and have them presented

Holiad

Personally, I'd rather see the factions remain loose, with the potential for a conflict between sub-factions despite nominally working for the same leader. A lot of the games involved are three player, which both means that if two of the players are allied the third faces very tough odds, and gives a relatively high risk of all the players belonging to the same faction. In the games with only two players, a match-up between the same faction gets even harder to avoid, so again I feel it's best that stays an option.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Kaled

I had a few thoughts for an event such as this - to avoid having one faction much larger than the other (if most people bring puritans for example), the factions were going to be randomly assigned and would therefore be a bit more vague than radical & puritan and it'd be up to players why their character found himself a member of their assigned faction. Sure, some characters might find themselves working alongside people they despise or working for a cause the disagree with, but even Inquisitor have to compromise sometimes or  bow to political pressures.

It should be easy enough to arrange so every table has one player from each faction, and then faction leaders can decide where to place additional players to help secure the resources they most need to win. It'll mean the scenarios need to be well designed to play as 1vs1, or 2vs1 but still giving the lone player a chance to win. Maybe the lone player gets three characters but his two opponents get two each; and if it's 1vs1, both players get 3 characters.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Necris

I used the puritan and radical factions as a very loose example I'm considering using two orders within the sector

That's exactly my plan Dave having a set of scenarios with a minimum of 1 player per faction then the faction leader deciding which scenario from A, B, C or D is the most important to their ultimate goal.

for example (And this is a very loose example)

Scenario A - Players have to secure the Support of the Local PDF commander
Scenario B - Players have to gain the backing of the Local Cardinal
Scenario C - Players must persuade the Arbiter Marshal to support their cause
Scenario D - Players must take control of the orbital defence command centre

The Leader would place 1 player per table and any left over would be split between scenarios to ensure their desired outcomes are met for example taking control of the Orbital Defence centre and the Local PDF Commander etc

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Necris on October 31, 2011, 08:35:32 PMThe Leader would place 1 player per table and any left over would be split between scenarios to ensure their desired outcomes are met
Problem: What if both factions decide the same scenarios are important and both want to allocate extra resources?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I figured they'd take it in turns to allocate players. Maybe toss a coin for the first round, then whichever faction won the last round gets first choice of where to allocate resources in the next round.

Cortez

I would consider calling the two sides Warmongers and Peacekeepers or something like that. That way most players could support either side, for example my recongregator could want to start a war to cull the deadwood from the inquisition itself or as a known radical (thus likely target for any purges) she would have a vested interest in preventing a war between puritans and radicals. I think that most factions would be able to find similar reasons for war or for peace.

Necris

As it happens I am not able to run a Summer Conclave this is due to my Brother in Law deciding to het married in New York,

As such I doubt I will have the time or Money to do anything in Summer

I apologise for this and hope someone else will take the reigns

Kaled

We had talked about a Kaede Mack themed event. How about we run that in summer? I have a few ideas about how it could be done...

RobSkib

I'm happy to step up and help run this event as well if needs be - I'm writing an article about the Mack Conglomerate in my spare time (not that I get much of that in my final year of uni :( ) and I think it'd be good to explore that idea a bit further by having an event based around it.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

I'm happy if you want to run it.  It'll give me a chance to play as I'll be running things at the IGT in spring.  I'm happy to help with some of the preparation if you need a hand though...

Van Helser

Likewise, I'll offer any advice you like Rob on running the day.  I'd love to see a Mack themed event - I have had an idea for my Kaede Mack on the drawing board for a couple of months now!

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Wow alright! I had no idea that would be so popular. I'll start a new thread up and see where it goes from there :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.