Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Psy-Gore (crystalline creature)

Started by Ramnok, October 31, 2011, 12:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramnok

Just used the wraithlord as a skeleton since I have yet to try a wire frame conversion yet (working up to that)

This is a little side project while I wait for more of my eldar to come in.

I figured I could try to scratch build something I've kind of invisioned for awhile. Hopefully its worthwhile! Lemmi know what you all think!

Ramnok

UPDATE! making my own alien here... will post stories and whatnot asap (aka when I can put down the GS)

and

Ramnok

I think he's finished minus the filing down to give him a polished crystal type appearance, waiting for him to fully dry... I added a mining pick (enhanced to be a sonic pick) as I figured it would be an appropriate weapon since they would have grown as a race like humans, warring with each other before finally finding a common goal.

Presenting... The Psy-Gore Man Catcher , Rammite. He hails from the Algol system in the Perseus Constellation. His body is made of pure minerals, having similar makeup to humans in having organs that control functions, that is where the comparison ends. Every Psy-Gore is born with a fire burning in their chest, it is said to be the breath of existence the very material that existed before the universe was born. His species is known for their abilities for tracking and capturing aliens. Their crystalline skin is as tough as the most heavily armored marine. Not all Psy-gore are made alike as some have skin as fragile as glass. Depending on the Psy-gore's walk of life is what their body became.

Let me know what you guys think also if you know of any info on the psy-gore that would be awesome

RobSkib

Great start! It reminds me a lot of the robots from Studio Ghibli's film, Laputa: Castle In The Sky. I would recommend however, taking a sharp (not blunt, the sharper, the better) modelling knife and sharpening up those edges a bit. If he's supposed to be crystalline, he needs clearly defined geometry and diamond-sharp edges, he looks a little marshmallow-y at the moment.

Obviously it doesn't need to be actually diamond-sharp, but it should look close enough :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Ramnok

currently filing down the model, will sharpen the edges up. It was on my mind too since I do believe he's gem-like

I'm glad you like him. I figure the first thing to make him alien would be him.  Also doing a search for painting rock people failed for me, I'm looking to try and paint crystals

DapperAnarchist

I think GW has a how to for Necron crystals, and another for ice for the Yhetti...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Nevermore2010

If i'm right, during the first few months of Inquisitor, White Dwarf published a few battle reports along with the conversions of the models and the terrain building tips... ONE of those was for a marble type stone block that was the focus of the battles story. I used to have it (no longer) but someone must have. They may even be able to scan it in and email it to you :)
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Ramnok

I actually have that one ty  for reminding me! Also would I be the first to make one? Lol also anything seem missing? also is his head good? it has 6 "eyes" that act as conduits for seeing the world...

I thought of adding some gear from the kroot sprue (aka the bullets, sacks and other leathers) to him, any thoughts?

Ynek

Quote from: Ramnok on November 01, 2011, 10:05:08 PM
I thought of adding some gear from the kroot sprue (aka the bullets, sacks and other leathers) to him, any thoughts?

Given that (at least your, and Dark Magenta's version of) the Psy-Gore are crystalline beings with crystalline weapons, I'm fairly sure that most of their technology and so on will be crystalline in nature, too. Most of the materials on the WH40k kroot sprue don't quite 'sell' that crystal feeling.

Although if you're looking to make crysytal-grenades and crystal-ammo, why not shave down the edges of a long face on a length of sprue to make it hexagonal, and then cut it into segments and sharpen the edges to make crystals. This is basically the technique I used to make crystals for my necron army's base. It's kinda time-consuming, but gives a decent effect when finished....

Using such a technique, you could give him all sorts of spiky crystalline growths emerging from his back or something.... It would certainly be easier than sharpening green stuff to a sharp edge.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Ramnok

Hm well I figure they need ways of carrying their gear and the kroot sprue   has that... So what I figure is he is away from his home so he can't keep expending energy for the weapon but if enough say so will remake it

Ramnok

The crystals from the plastic sprue look great! will post some soon but going to add a few more along with grenades and maybe a pistol version of the psyweapon. He is looking so badass... I just hope painting him can be just as badass...ery...

Also my Girlfriend suggested that if he was such a rare alien wouldn't he be cloaked or covered in some way, I may do one later that illustrates that

Ramnok

Well the harddrive on my main comp went down, so I've been trying to restore it but I cant yet, not much else done on the model besides the crystals that were suggested.. hope to post them up asap..

Ramnok

fixed my comp so will be uploading soon!