Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hello one and all.

Started by neil16781, November 02, 2011, 09:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neil16781

Yet another new comer to The Conclave here. Not exactly new to the game though.
I've been playing 40k for more than half of my life (i'm now 30) and I've been playing Inquisitor since before it was properly released.
Me and a couple of friends went to GWHQ years ago to see another friend who worked there at the time.
In a room off to the side, Gav Thorpe and some other guys were test playing this new game and we were invited to join in. After many laughs and almost every injury being sustained to the characters groins, we were hooked.
A couple of months after, it was released and me and my friends played for years.
I built up a little warband an played for a long time.
I moved away 3 years ago and packaged them all up, only to bring them all out again about 2 weeks ago. I've completly forgotten everything and now, have no one to play against.
I found The Conclave and have been reading the rulebook again and again to try to remember how to play.
I look forward to meeting like minded people and getting back into playing again.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: neil16781 on November 02, 2011, 09:31:53 PMIn a room off to the side, Gav Thorpe and some other guys were test playing this new game and we were invited to join in.
Lucky git.

Quoteand now have no one to play against.
Well, the first thing to check is this page here, which lists a lot of the players on the Conclave, and you might find some near you.

However, if you don't, we hold a few events a year at Warhammer World. Unless someone decides to organise one in the meantime, the next will likely be the Grand Tournament on March 31st next year.

The GT is Less-Scary-Than-It-Sounds™ - it's not super competitive, as the scoring is primarily for things like characterfulness and sportsmanship!
Other than the fact it's scored, the only other real difference to most of our events is it doesn't have any overarching theme, so everyone runs their stand alone scenarios.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Tsk tsk Marco, where are your manners? You know the big yellow welcome is traditional...

Welcome to the Conclave!

How about posting some pics of your models Neil? I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

And please think about joining us for the IGT, or some other event - we're had quite a few new faces join us recently and it'd be great for that growth to continue.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

neil16781

Thanks for the big yellow welcome.  :)
I'll post up some pics soon enough.
The idea of the IGT sounds really good. My parents live the other side of Derby, so i could visit them and easily get to Nottingham.
It would be good to get in some practice in before then though, so if anyone is in the Bradford area, let me know.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: neil16781 on November 03, 2011, 11:16:16 PMIt would be good to get in some practice in before then though, so if anyone is in the Bradford area, let me know.
You're well sold there.

Best I know, you've got Necris, Navarr, Keravin, wargame_insomniac, Dosdamt and Hadriel Caine fairly close. Not sure if the last two are still active, but the others should be, so it's probably worth directing you at this thread.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

neil16781

Thanks very much. Posted a reply in there. Much appreciated.