Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitrix Victoria Weaver + Warband

Started by Brother_Brimstone, November 05, 2011, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother_Brimstone

Finally finished painting:

Not sure how well it can be seen on the picture, but the front of the metal box has been made to look as though it's filled with murky liquid with a lump of something creepy and organic floating in it.

As usual, comments/criticism welcome and appreciated.

Brother_Brimstone

Apologies for double post but here's moar content.

This is Weaver's Magos Biologis companion. In brief description, he's an ex-explorator, who became obsessed with the fusion between technology and the organic. While he has spent much time in Weaver's service studying tyranids, his own area of interest is the fusion of flesh and technology mastered by the Dark Eldar haemonculi. In his time with Weaver he has come into contact with Dark Eldar, and has captured some of their technology, utilising it for himself.

His base figure was meant to resemble a plague doctor, in keeping with the sort of 'old fahioned' feeling of this warband (hence the beaky gas mask and cloak - http://plaguedoctor.net/plaguedoctor.gif )

Commens and criticism welcomed and appreciated

Brother_Brimstone

After a large break in work on this group as I worked on various other projects, I've finally finished the three-character loadout with the flagelant/servitor hormagaunt. The base model is the Tyranid Warrior with injectors, wires and bionics added

What do people think of the bionics/implants? Too much, not enough, or just right?

Comments/criticism welcomed.

Holiad

Maybe not quite enough on the head, but generally a good balance at scarce compared to human servitors, since I'd expect the bionics on a hormagaunt to be mostly, if not entirely, focused on keeping it under control rather than actual enhancement.
Overall, the model looks suitably scary, but I feel it could do with a little more dynamism in it's pose-a tyranid warrior is both more solidly built and less agile than a hormagaunt, so the model doesn't quite translate as a straight swap, although the size comes out about right. That said, gaunts are also said to be the most mutable strain of tyranid, so variation is expected.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Brother_Brimstone

I don't know whether it's discernable, but on  the head, he also has a bionic eye, and there's the antenna fitted too (which can only be seen as a sort of rod jutting out in those pictures.

As you say, any intended 'improvements' of the imperium to a tyranid bioweapon like a gaunt would only serve to worsen it, and with Victoria 's fetishising of the intrinsic strength of the tyranids, I imagine that she would instruct that the Magos Biologis only make those adjustments which are necessary for control of the beast.

As to the variance in build, my thoughts were that the Magos would be outfitting the Gaunt to maximise its lifespan, so through a program of selective breeding, chemical and technical enhancement they would be making their gaunts somewhat more hearty than they are usually. In fact, I purposefully posed this figure to be in a static, intimidating pose rather than a moving one to convey the fact that since being 'servitorised' it is no longer the agile predator it once was (with a chain added for the obvious reminder that he has been made into a slave) and is now little more than a material display of Inquisitorial muscle.

Still, I definitely appreciate what you're saying - seeing as Warriors come in a pack of 3, i'm still debating whether to turn the remaining two into variant Gaunt-servitor models or regular tyranids as GM Nasties, so i will bear your comments about relative build in mind for those.

Thanks, and any further input is appreciated and welcomed.

Dolnikan

The hormagaunt looks good but could perhaps do with some more injectors, especially on the head, or perhaps more signs of cranial surgery.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Prasmatis

Everything looks great, but could I get a size comparison of the gaunt next to Inquisitor Weaver pls?
Cheers
Prasmatis

Ferran

I like the hormogaunt, I think it's a good concept well executed. Regarding the implants I think the balance is about right but they could be a bit more refined. That nautical-looking thing in the second pic looks a bit clumsy and the aerial and ammo pouch bits don't make much sense, or don't look good anyway. I suppose the aerial does make sense actually but in this scale it cold look nicer, finer perhaps.

Brother_Brimstone

Hmmm, i think I agree that the aerial looks somewhat clumsy. I may try going for something thinner, although I did like the idea of him having an aerial implanted behind the head to emphasise the fact that he is under control. As for the ammo pouch, i was planning on painting it silver, with the stud in red, so it looks like a small metal box filled with tech attached to his sofer side rather than his armoured back. People also seem to be saying the head needs a bit more work, so i think i'll do a few wires and somesuch coming out the back.

Thanks to all for the comments, any further inoput is welcomed and appreciated.

Nevermore2010

Try adding a few small bolts to one of the head plates, then painting it metal. That way it looks like they sliced open its brain, fiddled with it and bolted on a new bit of skull.
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."