Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's Inq28 InqVitational

Started by precinctomega, November 07, 2011, 11:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

It's me!  I'm back!

Can't say for sure how often I'll be popping in, because life and work are so manic at the moment that my time for INQ stuff has been tremendously limited.  But, God Willing, there might be some movement in 2012 as I start to re-jig priorities somewhat.

However, I'm dipping my toe into the Inq28 water with a small band of minis for Molotov's 2012 InqVitational.  And here are the first two WIPs unveiled for your pleasure:

On the left, we have a Navigator, richly dressed with a customized duelling laspistol.  Despite his hunched appearance, he is a member of a rising House and possesses a potency that surprises many of his enemies.

On the right is the Inquisitrix, a former Sister Dialogus and expert in xenological threats, she has suffered many indignities at the hands of enemies of the Imperium.  She is entirely bionic from the waist down and not pleasant to look upon from the neck up.  But she has used these disabilities to her advantage, rebuilding herself taller, stronger and more dangerous than she ever was before.  Unfortunately, her tendency to revel in her new physical power leads her to rely too much on it and not enough on the penetrating intellect that won her the Inquisitorial rosette in the first place...

At the moment, two other members are under construction and these two are far from finished.  The Navigator's staff needs finishing and he needs to acquire some more 40k details to off-set the heavy use of fantasy parts.  The Inquisitrix's right arm is a placeholder and she needs a backpack and additional equipment adding as well as a number of gaps filling, especially on her bolt/needle-rifle combi weapon.

I'm thinking she needs something really splat-tastic in her right hand...

R.

Keravin

That Chaos sorcerer body is certainly getting a lot of use.   I was surprised to see the orlock arm there.   I've found the Dark Eldar arms work quite well on that body, particularly to give you an arm to work with if you're using the sorcerer one on the left hand side.    You might want her holding some sort of scalp in her right - maybe one of the dead demons off the Grey knight sprue.   Depends how OTT you want to go with her.

Be nice to see them in the flesh at the Inqvitational.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

looking good :)
where's the Inquisitrix's head from?

also, is the INQvitational by invite?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

biggreengribbly

Looks like a Sister of Battle helmet, so presumably the vehicle plastics sprue?

precinctomega

biggreengribbly is correct.

I don't think - despite the name - that the InqVitational is invite only, but I know that Molotov is short on GMs and wants two players and 1 GM per table.  I'm trying to persuade him that he can fit three players per table, but I'm sure he'd welcome offers of GMing assistance.

R.

Keravin

In terms of the whole thing Molotov is the one you want to talk to, particularly because of the setup of the event.   I know for example I've completely changed the warband I was planning on taking.

Molotov

Robey,

Some excellent work here. I like how you've managed to make the Chaos Sorceror into a female - and that the breasts don't look extravagantly huge.

Gav - The INQvitational is - ostensibly at least - an invitational event. That's for a couple of reasons - I wanted to keep the quality high of what is the first event championing INQ28. I wanted to reward those who have put a great deal of work into INQ28 as a community, and I wanted the event not to become ridiculously large.

That said, if anybody is keen to participate, I may have some vacancies, so feel free to email me.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

Damn, it's been a while.  I've been ridiculously busy with all sorts of other stuff, but I'm still hoping to get to Commissar Molotov's Inq28 Invitational.  So when I got an email through the other day, reminding me that we had only 37 days left until the day, I thought I'd better get squared away sooner rather than later.

To that end, then, I decided to abandon 90% of the work I'd done on this warband so far and instead throw stuff together based on what I had immediately to hand.  Thus:

Here's the finished shot of the party with, from left Navigator, Tech-priest, Interrogator (Field agent code-named "Sister Wolf"), utility servitor and Arbitrator bodyguard.

I'll be getting these primed today and hopefully painted in the next fortnight or so.

R.

Dolnikan

They look interesting, what is the navigator made from?

To me the servitor looks a bit human, but that could just be the picture.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

precinctomega

Um... Empire Wizard (body and right arm), Empire Pistoleer (left arm) and Empire flagellant (head) are the main parts.

R.

MarcoSkoll

You're more organised than I am. My Inquisitrix is still being sculpted (on which note, I need to update plogs myself).

I can't help but note that Sister Wolf has done well to make it from Gothic War Gethsemane to the "present day" Dalthus Sector. The warp did it, I guess. :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

"Sister Wolf" is a code name used throughout the extensive network of  House Chrysanthemum in many different times and places.  There are other such code names in the organization, including "the Bearded Man" and "Jonny Grin".

Incidentally, calling him an Interrogator is to give an idea of his position, authority and experience.  Whether House Chrysanthemum is or is not part of the Inquisition and, if so, to what extent, is very much open to debate.

R.