Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Midlandsy meet up...

Started by Tyrant, November 16, 2011, 07:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Tyrant on November 20, 2011, 07:04:28 PMWhen you say theme? - Campaign idea or dress code etc?
Campaign idea, of course. That could be done anyway from writing it all yourself, through finding a co-writer, merely creating the basic setting for people to write scenarios within or all the way down to a fully communally written event.

But now that you've said dress code, I have this worrying recollection from the Autumn Conclave that I might have said that I'd turn up to an in-costume event as a Sister of Battle.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

You did

hmm tempting to award added bonus' for those in costume at the summer conclave
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Tyrant

*idea*

Hotels often have rooms for business meetings. I will get a quote. Could be reasonable.

Theme ideas...Im happy for a bit of brain storming on that ...

My initial thought is A super weapon that is required to stop a spacehulk filled with Nids.
think fifth element.
AKA SquareWave

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Tyrant on November 21, 2011, 07:29:42 PMHotels often have rooms for business meetings. I will get a quote. Could be reasonable.
I suspect not. Business meeting rooms are priced based on what they think they can charge businesses, not on a "fair" basis.

I think the best option is to look around independent gaming stores and see what they want for a table or two for the day. Probably one of the cheaper options, it'll provide more useful services and likely also tolerate people screaming "FOR THE EMPERAH!" rather better.

QuoteMy initial thought is A super weapon that is required to stop a spacehulk filled with Nids. think fifth element.
That would work for an Dark Heresy/etc/etc adventure, but doesn't exactly give the necessary ground for interplayer conflict Inquisitor needs - because except perhaps for players with Genestealer cults or particularly dogmatic Istvaanians, the players are largely going to be on the same side.

However, if it's simply about an ancient superweapon (with no big scary target to unify against) for the players to fight for control of, that would be feasible. Not breaking any new ground as plots go, but workable.

Quote from: Necris on November 21, 2011, 12:57:38 PMYou did
Oh dear. Like I needed another reason for Robey to think I'm maladjusted - he already has his suspicions based on my playing female characters in both the VoIP RP sessions.

Well, maybe I will anyway. I'm sure my public emasculation would prove a source of much entertainment.

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 22, 2011, 02:29:11 AMI think the best option is to look around independent gaming stores and see what they want for a table or two for the day. Probably one of the cheaper options, it'll provide more useful services and likely also tolerate people screaming "FOR THE EMPERAH!" rather better

Like I said, Escape Games would be your best bet for a table, but I doubt they have any scenery spare.

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 22, 2011, 02:29:11 AMOh dear. Like I needed another reason for Robey to think I'm maladjusted - he already has his suspicions based on my playing female characters in both the VoIP RP sessions.

Well, maybe I will anyway. I'm sure my public emasculation would prove a source of much entertainment.

Yeah, I wouldn't if you plan to Coventry, the locals don't take kindly to anyone *not* wearing a tracksuit with dubious stains. :p
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

Nah, it'd be something to do for one of the WHW events.

I still don't know whether I'm joking.

GW's =I= articles

Tyrant

Well a room and unlimited tea that holds around 8 people in the premier inn @ coventry is about £100 for the day. Better than I imagined but not amazing.

I will try and ring escape games today.

Nathan.

AKA SquareWave

Macabre

If we need to (and providing no one objects) we could have the game at my flat, we have a large table (but no scenery :(, please supply), its a ten minute walk from Tile Hill train station. I could cook for up to six people, and (providing the room is still unoccupied) we have a spare double room that can take up to three people (in sleeping bags, two on the bed and one on the floor) and another space on the couch.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Tyrant

Escape games seem friendly and said we are welcome. Good call Macabre.

Basically we would book out of courtesy / they do have events there (yoyo tournament I think he said - thats every 3weeks and there is one this weekend.)
Just message their facebook page to contact them.
They said there isn't a charge (would confirm on booking) but they'd ask that we buy snacks/drinks from them etc.

So I guess we need to confirm numbers/details so if you could post a response speficially saying yes.
Info needed - Date available - prefered location (venue and city?)

For me idealy.

21st Jan at Escape games in coventry.
AKA SquareWave

MarcoSkoll

Coventry is good for me (easy and cheap by train). And nominally, I'm probably okay for almost any Saturday, short of any big lifestyle changes.

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Considering by train this could potentially only cost me £20 i need to know very quickly dates and times to book it

Tyrant

Marco & anyone else who may benefit to a max of 4.

If you can get to Bicester I can drive you the rest as I'll be going by car anyway.
AKA SquareWave

MarcoSkoll

Thanks for the offer, but it's easier for me to just make a straight run at it.

Coventry and back is less than a tenner (woo, Railcards), but trying to make diversions to Bicester would actually take longer and cost more.

GW's =I= articles

Tyrant

Uh

are people still up for this - I am, just not this sat.  :-[
AKA SquareWave

MarcoSkoll

At some point, definitely (and I had meant to come back here and ask how things were going), but not this Saturday for me either!

GW's =I= articles