Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor in 28mm heroic scale

Started by Hadriel Caine, November 25, 2011, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erasmus Koal

Very nice work- I'm especially a fan of the chapter badge on the shoulder. I take it that's hand painted? Very, very cool- not within the scope of my abilities at all, but kudos to you for pulling it off if so.  8)

Hadriel Caine

Thanks very much! It is indeed hand painted and I tell you; it was a nightmare. I couldn't get it right. Third attempt worked- i didn't try to fill in using black instead I drew the shape and added the white lines in afterwards- the new base coat ceramite white was a godsend for that. the yellow is just three coats of golden yellow over a whte base coat. I may have added a sepia wash between 2nd and 3rd coat.

Nothing spectacularly difficult just time consuming and years of practice :)

I took my =][= minis into GW Angel today and they were very popular. I picked up the new 5 man cultist box, some GS and something else for Astraea... Stay tuned I'll post some WIPs soon.

Also to come- more deathwatch and something unexpected and old.

cheers

A.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Hadriel Caine

Non-IC picture of something I'm working on. No prizes for guessing what this is going to be:

Not bad for 45mins sculpting. Based on WHFB chaos sorcerer. Great sculpt. Looking forward to painting it. 
The Fall of Astraea

Molotov

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Covenant

I love the painting on the titan crew. The faces remind me of the Sardaukar from Dune.

krenshar

The magus is inspired!  An improvement on the original in my own opinion.

It'd be great to see the other models from the Astraea thread on here without the effects - I'm assuming that Marlo f'rinstance has more paint on him than a grey drybrush over black?

Hadriel Caine

@krenshar et al- You will see everything from Astraea in here in the fullness of time. There's some stuff I want to keep secret-ish from my players!

as to the specific example I'm sorry but its a light white drybrush over black :P no painting progress yet. Although I have started on the assassin and undercoated most of the Imperial agents. Thanks for the praise on the Magus- I've done a bit more work on him- on the back but then I never took any pictures of the back as a WIP so its not so impressive maybe... I'll edit this post with some details when I have a minute.

@Mol- thanks; glad you approve- its nice to be doing =][= stuff again.
@Covenant- Thanks mate, not overly familiar with Dune myself.

A.
The Fall of Astraea

Covenant

I'd recommend watching the David Lynch version, Hadriel. Visually, there's a lot of dark nasty characters in it. Could be a good source of inspiration. A Baron Harkonnen lookalike would fit right into Inquisitor, hmm... Actually, I think I'll watch it again soon.

PS Obviously the book is miles better.

Hadriel Caine

Yeah I've been meaning to read DUNE for years now. Always something else getting in the way!

Here's a WIP for Astrae:

Bit of a departure for me. Haven't undercoated a mini white for years. The picture is horrible I've just realised...

A.
The Fall of Astraea

Kaludram

Ahh, the old Genestealer Magus mini.  I always thought it was a good 'un.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Hadriel Caine

Thanks @ Kaludram! I enjoyed painting him a lot. He's now finished:

I also managed to put the finishing touches on my home grown genestealer magus:

and painted up an Arbites investigator for Machelor (expect and IC post in the Atstraea thread from him soon)

enjoy!
The Fall of Astraea

Kaludram

Nicely painted.  I've been working on acquiring some 28mm hybrid bits to flesh out a small cult...these give me some inspiration for an alternate magus to the one I already have.  Very nice indeed.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

butchyboy73

Some really nice figures there, Hadriel. I particularly like Rasmus and his retinue. I aso like the fact that you have quite a few characters of all shades and hues.  :)

greenstuff_gav

i like the arbite... DV cultist leader.with a scout arm?
can't place the head tho  :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Keravin

The home grown magus turned out great.   Very impressed with the interrogator.   Definitely think I may just start chopping up the DV cultists.