Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Cat's Work in Progress

Started by catferret, September 05, 2009, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simeon Blackstar

Unfortunately that Sacred Blade mini is far too small for Inquisitor - the sword, fan and pony tail are separate pieces and work on female models, but she herself is just tiny.

Great work on the Ogryn and Inquisitor there - I'm looking forward to see the final details you mentioned!

Lordi

QuoteUnfortunately that Sacred Blade mini is far too small for Inquisitor

I would expect as much given she's 40mm scale, but good to know nonetheless. I merely suggested the imagery details, like the (almost ;)) =I= on her shoulder as inspiration.

Molotov

Some really awesome work here. Both models are fantastic. I think that the Enclave-inspired armour is 40k enough to work, though some work could certainly be done in the painting stages to tie it in that little bit further.

Thanks for showing us these.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

psycho

i love the Istvaanian mate, where can i aquire brown stuff?
is it easier to use than GS? i have a few little problems with GS and am looking for something easier to use.
So how long would it take to create the Ogryn from start to finish if you were to do it start to finish in one go?

kerby

Kaled

You can get brown stuff (along with all your sculpting supplies) from Heresy (check out the link in the modelling resources sticky).  I really like brown stuff, it cures to a nice hard finish with is easy to sand/file and is great for hard surfaces like armour and weapons.  ProCreate is also very good - easier to use then greenstuff IMHO.  Neither is a wonder material though, so it depends what problems you're having, but changing putty isn't likely to suddenly make you a much better sculptor.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

QuoteThat's some nice sculpting on the armoured Inquisitor, however he doesn't look very '40k' at the moment.  Are you planning to 40k-ify him at all?

I think he looks pretty 40K, just not Imperial 40K (which isn't necessarily a negative if he's moonlighting as a fake alien terrorist).  In fact, when I looked at the pic quickly I thought he was an interesting interpretation of a Striking Scorpion. 

Regardless, both models look fantastic, can't wait to see them painted!