Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave T-Shirts

Started by Brother_Brimstone, December 13, 2011, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother_Brimstone

An idea consistently brought forward here is the suggestion of maybe making some kind of official Conclave T-shirt for wearing at events, which both identifies us as Clavers and has our individual names on, so that we dont have to be politely socially awkward all day trying to recall who it is we're trying to get the attention of (and so that the newbies know whose name they need to call when they want their GM's attention (beyond which, it's just kind of a fun idea!)

After re-reading the 2011 IGT thread and seeing Marco suggesting it again, i realised that i'm now in almost the perfect position t sort this. My girlfriends parents own a clothing store and are fully capable of printing and embroiding t-shirts. As this realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks, i realised this might be my opportunity to give something back to the Clave regulars, after all they've done to help get me into the hobby!

I'm not looking to operate at a profit at all, but obviously we'll have to cover the costs to my girlfriend's parents and the cost of postage. If i were to give a complete guess, i would put it at being about a tenner if we want a printed logo. but cheaper if you just want embroidery (as they have an in-store embroiderer with which i'm proficient so i can personally embroider them!)

Basically, I'm looking to get an idea of whether anyone would be interested in this, if so how many, and what design you would want (i'm the last person in the world you want doing the designing, but i can look to implement any designs you might suggest, although obviously the simpler the cheaper and more likely we can actually do it!)

Be sure to share any thoughts on the subject you might have!

RobSkib

Didn't Gav have a 'clave t-shirt at the last meet? I'm sure there was a picture of it from the day, but I can't find it. I'm sure we could use that for inspiration.

Would it be extra to have something on the front and the back? I was thinking a real name/username split...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Brother_Brimstone

Ooooh; if so, then we have a decent starting point!

There are several ways of doing it, depending on how detailed people want this. If you want a full =][= logo of the sort at the top of the Clave, that would probably need to be printed, as it's too complex for embroidering, and so i don't think it costs any extra to position what you want where. We could either get a small one on the breast with this idea, or a medium sized logo on the back (and there may be a cost difference regarding size, but not a huge one)., and then names printed wherever we like.

If we we just wanted a very basic black tee with a red =][= on it, we may well be able to embroider that, reducing overall cost, and then it really wouldn't matter where the name and username are, as we can embroider them anywhere.

I can't be too exact, as i can't really ask for a quote until i know most impotantly, whether anyone thinks this would be a good idea, and secondly, if so, what number we'd be lookng to do, as if there's ony a scarce few, it may not be worth doing.

Another question, possibly becoming problem is regarding the copyright status of =][=. Are we okay to use it, or is it more rocky ground?

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: RobSkib on December 13, 2011, 10:49:02 PM
Didn't Gav have a 'clave t-shirt at the last meet? I'm sure there was a picture of it from the day, but I can't find it. I'm sure we could use that for inspiration.

Would it be extra to have something on the front and the back? I was thinking a real name/username split...

here's the demo i knocked up; £19 each from a local place.
as my artistic skills are somewhat lacking (and noone can remember who made the image in the first place; we don't have a higher res version :( ) it was mentioned by a couple of people they would look at doing a better version but nothing appeared...

i did get the back logo done on an actual shirt as then it matched my Top Hat :D

Front Image
Back Image
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Brother_Brimstone

My girlfriend reckons we could embroider that in-store, and it'd EASILY be cheaper than 19 quid. For something like that, it'd probably be closer to a tenner, although like i say, i'd need to gauge interest first, to ensure it's worth the time and effort of making embroiderer patterns out of the designs.

EDIT: I've spoken to her dad, who is more of an expert in these things, and he thinks that unless we'd want to simplify things a bit more, we'd be better printing. Would cost a bit more, but would still most likely be under £19.

RobSkib

Well I can personally guarantee I'd get one myself, along with another potential half-dozen or so, depending on who I can round up for the next 'clave gathering.

Would it still be possible to have IRL names on the front and usernames on the back?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

I'd rather on the front it just had the logo and my name rather than the Inquisitorial Representative box, but I'd buy one with any design along those lines.  The design for the back looks great and, if I remember rightly, it scaled up okay for Gav's shirt. I'd also be happy with one that just had the Conclave logo on the front with my real/user name. Or a simplified embroidered Conclave logo and wording would be fine too.

Also, if we're having our names printed on them how about we get one with a custom title for the winner of the IGT?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

so, I Found My original Quotes :)
i think screen printing is the way to go; emboridery looks nicer, but is limited on blending / detail (or was when i worked for Dickies!)
my shirtwas done by these guys :)

i like the idea of screen printed back logo as is (i'll find a camera; i got a shirt and a hoodie done :D ) and Kaleds' suggestion of just the ][ with user / real name (according to the individuals choice; some people don't like sharing "real" names!)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I think I prefer it Kaled's way - the "Inquisitorial representative" box is a little less slick.

As far as name, if it comes down to an either or, I can go either way. Username is probably easier, as I'm fine with being called Marco at events - it does mean fewer Daves to confuse, it'll avoid identity confusion and it saves on having to explain that I didn't direct Fight Club.

If necessary, it wouldn't be difficult to create a vector version of the Conclave Logo, although given my talent for procrastination, I'd suggest I'd be a poor candidate for that job.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

Right-o, well at the moment, there's only been about 5 (Marco, Kaled, Rob, Gav and myself) showing any interest in this, and obviously with a number that small it probably wouldn;t be worth it, so before we go any further down the route of planning how we could do this, it would probably be an idea to gauge interest from the Clave community at large to find out whether it would be worth doing at all.

(it's kind of a difficult situation here; people won't be sure whether they want one unless they have a price and a design to consider, but I can't give a price or work out the best design choices until I know how many people are interested!)

In a no-obligation kind of way, and just for purposes of trying to get a rough idea of numbers for a quote in my head, i'd be very grateful if everyone who reckons they'd want one could post in just to say so, and then i at least have something to go off. As i say, i'm not going to be making a profit here, but i'm a poor student and can't afford to make a loss. I can't order more than I can sell, but if there are very few of us, we won't benefit from economies of scale, and so it becomes slightly not-worth-it.

Van Helser

Cortez

I'd be interested too. Depending on the price of course.

Mordenkenain

definitely would want one, but I am with MarcoSkoll and Kaled on just the logo and the name on the front, and reckon the usernames is more convenient; the identity is more unique than 'dave' , 'fred' etc, so would lead to less confusion
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Kaled

Quote from: Mordenkenain on December 19, 2011, 06:25:59 PM
reckon the usernames is more convenient; the identity is more unique than 'dave' , 'fred' etc, so would lead to less confusion
I'd rather have both, perhaps one on the front the other on the back. I'd rather people use my real name when we meet in real life (although I'd still answer if people call me Kaled).
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Brother_Brimstone

I'm in no way vying for creative control over this, and would much rather leave design to those better qualified in it, but the cheapest and easiest way would be as follows (but not necessarily most attractive).

We could embroider a simplified version of the Clave logo on the left side of the chest with a username and real name embroidered on the right. This would eliminate the need for printing and thus reduce cost and effort.

However, this means that the big fancy logo would not be on the back, and i don't know whether a t-shirt thus simplified would be considered by all as being a great investment, as its iconography is somewhat more subtle.

Just another factor for consideration.