Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Darkness and Light New Rp Recruiting

Started by Necris, January 12, 2012, 11:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Quote from: Inquisitor Sargoth on February 04, 2012, 12:05:50 AMAlso, noted the 'mind palace' and Severino's very Holmesian breakdowns of people. I've only seen two episodes of Sherlock, but it seems to be resonating with you all. I can't talke, of course - Lina's partly inspired by the surprisingly good film adaptation.

Never seen it, I was actually referencing Thomas Harris' Hannibal.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

A short passage, which is mostly me being referential. And as most of you weren't there, I should point out it's mostly about the Autumn Conclave I ran last year.

tl;dr version of the Autumn Conclave: An Imperial Guard Corporal was a possible living saint who might have broken the war on a fortress world.
The overall objective of the event was trying to canonise/assassinate/manipulate her as appropriate, and we ended with a big game (4 tables, 13 players, 30 PCs, 20 NPCs, a Valkyrie and one mad GM) where she was eventually shot at with an orbital las-lance and is now MIA, presumed KIA.
The aftermath has not been pretty, as her death seriously upset subsector stability.

There's also a quick reference to the acolytes in the internet Dark Heresy campaign I run for various Conclavers.

Also, I apologise for the word "pscrutinise".

EDIT: Also also, I've changed the text colour I'm using for Judge Sing, seeing as he deserves more than the standard "NPC grey".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Dolnikan; My character has pict copies of the markings and is currently in the process of translation and decryption.

Koval

Currently making a post; this is good information to know.

Koval

Okay, so Severino is a very clunky character to write, but hopefully that little exchange gets things moving a bit further and establishes a few relationships (or lack thereof) between team members.

Unfortunately the Sherlock Scanning isn't exactly something he can turn off all the way...

Inquisitor Sargoth

Necris - can Lina decrypt the data-slate? If so, is this something she'll rattle through in ten minutes or will it take a day of patient work? If it can be cracked, PM me the details.

Post coming soon. Nothing exciting, but a glimpse of Lina's POV.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

CorpusWolf

sorry im so late to jump in guys. Been moving house and didnt have time to get on here much. Given a basic insight into Dreki's shadow.
Don't be shy, check out my site:
http://www.wazufm.org/cavederave

Macabre

New post. Hope it meets expectations. And a little history added.

Macabre

@CorpusWolf just FYI,  Sister Ellis not a witch hunter, she's a Dialogous.

CorpusWolf

will edit my post now.

Dealt with for you.

Gala is still the one in charge of the war band am i right?
Don't be shy, check out my site:
http://www.wazufm.org/cavederave

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Not officially, but has been unofficially nominated (unspoken agreement)
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

MarcoSkoll

It seems like most people are treating it that way. And it makes enough sense, given she's got the most Inquisition experience bar one, is a reasonable all-rounder and is better psychologically suited than some of the others (being "by the book", actually welcomes working in a team and doesn't have any major personal agenda/grudge).

It's not necessarily an official position though, nor would I necessarily expect all of these characters to listen if it were!

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Well, Severino at the very least would be standing to attention.

Necris: If it's likely that Severino will spot something, at any point, could you perhaps PM me a few indications of what I might find, please? It'll save us all from the inevitable "Severino uses his powers. OOC: what does he find?" that will otherwise occur.  ;)

Macabre

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 07, 2012, 09:12:46 PMgiven she's got the most Inquisition experience bar one

Would that be my character? :p

MarcoSkoll

No, I was referring to Dreki. Given you didn't actually give hard figures, my guesstimation put Rebekah after Gala:

If Rebekah was in her early 20s when she left the Scholam, add on the several decades simply in the Order (with three seeming a reasonable lower bound for "Several", she would have been into her 50s or later here), meets with the Inquisition, works intermittently between them and Mars, spends "many" years recuperating after Arkus IV, only gets back with the Inquisition recently, currently 72.

I guessed it as 10 years active experience with the Inquisition, where as Gala has been working with the Inquisition about 12. If you have other ideas, then I will defer to those and you can assume it amended to "bar two".

GW's =I= articles