Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Trashers Nurgle cult

Started by Trasher, January 17, 2012, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickdraw McGraw

Thanks Trasher for the Comparison shot!  The Troll will fit in nicely!  :) 

No worries.   :)  I understand how life can suck up all your time.  :'(  But that's why I continue my hobbies... to get a break from life.   ;)

Have a great day!
Josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Zakkeg

Quote from: Trasher on August 13, 2012, 12:13:08 PMI'm thinking I should do something to the head/face of the Cave Troll, maybe a bowler hat or a horn, any suggestions? Now that the tail is glued to the Cave Troll I can start beefing it up and adding some texture, akin to that of his back.

Oh dear. I'm late again, aren't I?  :P

Absolutely love the bowler hat idea. (Tipped forward and at an angle, of course ;D.) I think it would go particularly well with a shredded pair of shorts, as might be seen on the Incredible Hulk or certain variations of Mr. Hyde. (Actually, has he got a name yet? He looks like a Mister [insert vaguely primitive-sounding nonsense word here] to me.)

Also noteworthy is the indented putty idea. May have to nick that one.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Trasher

A forum dweller is never late, Zakkeg. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Let's just pretend I have already uploaded the pictures of the model that I took about a week ago. Thanks to Zakkeg, the model has gotten the working title Mr Wartsch. But as a recap: here they are again:

I'm thinking of trying my hands at a simple bionic eye, with a bit of guitar wire going into the hat. Oh shorts would probably be very fitting, if I get the cojones to try something like that *looks at that Beastman model who is longing for his furry or clothed legs*. Nick the putty idea all you like, I'm just happy that I inspired someone!
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Dolnikan

I must say that I love the hat, it really changes the model although it is only a small thing it adds a lot. I'm looking forwards to see it develop further.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Van Helser

With a bit of filing to smooth out the hat a bit, it will look great on there.  Bionic eyes instantly add some of the 40k aesthetic to just about any model too.  Go for it.

Ruaridh

Trasher

I'm sorry Van Halser, but I will NOT put a good file anywhere near Blu-Tack ;) This was just a test, I'll try doing a better hat later, and probably another go at a brim, I think this brim is very textured on the underside. Thanks for the comment though!
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

RobSkib

To get a nice edge on the brim, make it wider than you need to and smooth the top out. When it cures fully, take a sharp scalpel to it and it will cut to a crisp edge. You might also find it easier to spread the putty out on some cling film or a flat textureless surface, like the lid of a tupperware box with a touch of lubricant of your choice underneath (I opt for vaseline) to let it come away cleanly. Wait 45 minutes or so til it has almost cured, but is still flexible, and you can cut it into the desired shape and glue the brim into place on his head.

Then you can go crazy with the top of the hat, knowing the brim is already perfectly cured and looking how you want it! I'll be watching this thread intently. Keep up the good work!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

krenshar

Have you tried out a smaller bowler?  Partly because that one looks a little big even for Artemis but mostly because a too-small hat, slightly battered/dented and perched on his head where it should rightly fall off, just has the right touch of nurgle mischief somehow.

Or if that's too comic, you could even combine the hat and horn ideas; with the tip of a horn breaking through the top of the bowler, where the character has kept crushing the hat onto his head until it stays where he put it.

Trasher

Thanks for the advice guys :) To clear things up: the white stuff is blu-tack, and the greenstuff is merely there as a test, I'll make him a proper brim later :) Might try a few different hats... The way-to-small-one sounds fun :)