Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Greetings and Salutations

Started by Inq NicolePyykkonen, January 17, 2012, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inq NicolePyykkonen

After inquiring from Kaled100 over on the B&C boards about Inquisitor and being told that this was the place for the stuff, I thought I'd actually register over here and begin ;)  As a personal reward to bribe myself after the current painting activity (where I need to paint a squad and a single model as my own personal vow) I've purchased my first 54mm figure which I'll convert and paint once everything else is done, and is the motivation to finally get off my duff and do something instead of just plotting for the last 3 years or so about it.

Being stateside in the greater Seattle area (mostly because that's the frame of reference people all over know) I haven't really seen anything local during the few times I get to hop down to one of the local GW's to play 40K (as I don't really play Warhammer Fantasy much any more).  I've got a great love of the Inquisition however (as evidenced by my involvement with the B&C in the Inquisition area) and figured I'd at least start collecting a few 54mm figures and convert/paint/design characters for them.  No sense in collecting and being prepared, right?  Thankfully I've got a decent knowledge of Inquisitorial fluff, and have a particular love of the Thorians (and Illuminati).

So while I doubt it'll ever come up, I thought I'd poke around and see what I could find, as well as get advice in terms of character design, modelling at 54mm scale as opposed to 28mm scale, and the whole Inquisitor experience.  I've got a lot of RPG experience as I've been gaming with various systems for 25 years or so, it's just working with a new system in terms of the mechanics that'll be new.

Anyways, I'll go back to lurking and seeing what I can come up with to start before making any more nonsense ;)

Dolnikan

Welcome to the Conclave!

With that outof the way, I can say that you have come to the right place for what your're looking for here.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Molotov

Indeed; I've seen your work on the B+C, and look forward to seeing your contributions here!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Inq NicolePyykkonen

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm curious as to which work you're referring too... because I don't remember posting much more than my 'counts-as Adepta Sororitas Heroine/St. Celestine' conversion, a squad of Grey Knight Termies from last year's vow, and a handful of my Exorcists Space Marines in terms of painting or modelling, and a Golden Daemon painter I am not!  All the same, I hope I continue to impress/not get ran off ;)

I've got three or four characters in mind for a warband, with half ideas for one or two of them, then Inquisitor Pyykkonen herself has always kind of given me trouble.  The biggest problem is since I Have backstory from the tabletop of things she's done, while I can scale down equipment easily enough trying to 'stat' something is... irritating to say the least.  Granted the power level of Inquisitors has gone down a bit with the latest Codex, but that's neither here nor there being that it's about the story in my head.

With that in mind I actually have been thinking about making a warband around one of her Acolytes instead!  There's a really spiff model I ordered (not GW, but meh... if they want my sales they can make more models for their own game) that I think will work nicely then I'll need an Arbites Judge, a cyber-mastiff (I love them!) and I totally would kill for a Kroot Mercenary as well (goes with the fluff I'm building over a group of Inquisitors all trained by the same fellow that sort of work together from time to time).  So I think it's doable, now it'll just be my moving at the speed of glacial molasses in terms of model acquisition or painting ;)

Now there's just the matter of being on the wrong side of the pond.  I know my wife would love to live in England or Ireland (she's a bonnafide Anglophile, complete with staying up to watch the Royal Wedding live even though we're by Seattle as well as most of the UK World Cup), but unfortunately three kids and bills and job opportunities mean that'll never happen :)