Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Cecilia Millais

Started by Serge, September 07, 2009, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Cecilia Millais for Estragons Warband

Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.

Simeon Blackstar

Nice job, you're certainly going to have a unique warband!  The heads you've done are possibly on the large side, so perhaps the next one you sculpt should be a few mm smaller?

Colonel Marbi Chora

The scupting looks great! The only thing I can nitpick is that her face is very, very pale. Is she wearing makeup, or is she naturally pale?

Van Helser

I think you're robbing yourself of some praise with the black colour scheme.  There's some great greenstuff work on her legs that you just can't see because of the monotone.  Why not add a different colour to the legs, or at least do some extreme highlighting?

Serge

How do you highlight black? (technically, I should know).

Maybe make the lacing and edges somewhat darkish grey?

Maybe add white on some spots to make it look more latexy (even though it's synskin)?

Also, I have like 5 colours (Shadow grey, chaos black, blood red, skull white and mithril silver), so everything is just mixes of those, that's why the skin looks so pale and pinkish, while the pink hair makes it look more pale by removing the pinkness from her face. (And I'm sort of out of cash, still waiting for my payment for a commission, and the buyer hasn't contacted me, or replyed any of my mails/PMs, in 3 months. )

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Serge on September 08, 2009, 09:37:49 AMHow do you highlight black?
Easiest solution is just applying gloss varnish. Natural light then does most of the work for you.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Serge

Unfortunately, I don't have any. Should I add grey now, or should I wait 'till I get some?

Van Helser

Adding some grey to the black is the easiest way to go, with extreme highlights with pure grey, or even with some white added if you're feeling adventurous.

Simeon Blackstar

A good flesh colour would be an investment worth making, as would a brown and a green.  That will cover quite a few key colours for you, and you can lighten or darken them as appropriate to provide a range of shading and highlights.  I'd recommend Dwarf Flesh, Bestial Brown and Snot Green.  Grab Royal Blue if you can too for power weapons, auspex screens etc

Kaled

A bit of blue is often a good way to highlight black - it doesn't tend to give that washed out look that grey does.

However, as that isn't an option in your case, I'd add a (very) dark grey highlight to larger raised areas and then very fine grey highlights to the edge of things like boots, belts etc to further define her shape.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Gestalt

Why am I reminded of V For Vendetta? But with boobs.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

GhouraAgur

Gah!  :o  Pink!
:-\  I love the pose, the cape, the...gun, even the paint (well, maybe except for the pink hair) and indeed!  It does seem a shame that so lovely a model be hidden in black!

...I need to look a few more women, I think the head just a wee bit too wide...'s probably the hairdo+perspective.  Then again, the brightly colored head would tend to look larger than the darkly colored body, eh?  If you're going to apply highlights, I think you should try to lighten up the waist/hip area.  And maybe some shading to the hair.