Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Salute display - 13th November 2021, ExCeL London

Started by MarcoSkoll, June 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

A super-pro set up, cool.
I'm still poking a few bits and pieces for a little extra scatter terrain, but I've not got as far as an outfit yet.

Charax

Those do indeed look awesome - we've had a couple of abortive attempts to get 'Clave shirts printed up in the past, but those are some of the best

I will, as planned, be attending and dropping off Safehouse 13 for use on the table, but won't be available to take part.

(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

TheNephew

[Edit: Travel woes whine redacted]

Well that was a laugh, as always.
A pleasure getting disembowelled, dismembered and disrespected with you, ladeis and gents.
Further to follow when the accruing sleep debt has been attended to.

mcjomar

That was a hell of a day.
I can only again offer my sincere ooc apologies for the brutalisation in that second game. (IC, "Better a thousand innocents die, than one heretic go free!"  :D). It was a fun day though, and I hope it was enjoyable for all involved!  ;D

I will say, having slept on the matter, that the first game would likely still have ended the way it did, had Jack/Samantha uncovered the Lady Marteilla's (sp?) shenanigans. Which is to say, Samantha would have accepted it, ignored it, and given the same decision at the end anyway.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Charax

Was great seeing you all and the board looked great! every time I walked by you seemed to be getting a lot of attention.

(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

MarcoSkoll

Well, I'm still decompressing from all of that, but I guess I should actually say something before it's the too distant past.

First of all, many thanks to those who did turn out to help; it wouldn't have been viable without you.

I don't yet know how much of a success we can call it, because the real metric of that will be whether we recruit more to the community, but any complaints I have about how things actually went would be extremely petty; actually getting an interview with OnTabletop would have been great, but we did nonetheless show up in their blog galleries.

It is however something I would consider doing again, as intense as it was both physically and mentally - if nothing else, the opportunity to write a scenario for a known set of characters is quite a rare treat amongst our normally only loosely-scripted events.

For context, I put mcjomar in the situation where his Inquisitor had to work out which of the two Rogue Traders who had approached his meeting was the one who'd genuinely been chosen and summoned by the Carthaxian Conclave. The problem was that both of them honestly believed that they were the ones who'd been invited, but both of them had the wrong passcode.

The full story was that one of the Rogue Traders had received an (unknowingly mistranslated) astropathic message, but had then sent on a further distorted version to one of their rivals, in the hopes that a confrontation could be provoked between them and the Inquisition (being an imposter, obviously). It didn't quite work out that way, but it was certainly interesting watching all the players trying to figure out what was going on and bluff their way through the events playing out in front of them.

I'll admit I messed up in the second scenario, as I was supposed to provide some extra information mid-way through (that the Commissar who was the assassination target may have been using a decoy), and completely forgot to. In my defence, I'd had about three hours of extremely disrupted and light rest the night before, and I was pretty woozy by that point.

In any case, I enjoyed myself, and I think we put on a respectable show for what was the first time we'd done a Salute display (well, first for me, I don't know if anyone else had done one before), so it's a success in that respect at least.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles