Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Magenta Needs You!

Started by Saussure, January 24, 2012, 08:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on January 26, 2012, 07:07:36 PM
One thing I would like to see are some Inq28 articles - maybe a battle report or a modelling showcase would be good...

I thought it was DM policy to not cover Inq28?

Although I suppose it has somewhat moved on from the excuse to field half a dozen space marines that it often used to be when DM first launched.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Paraphrasing http://www.darkmagenta.co.uk/submit.html - 54mm is preferred, 28mm is okay. Maybe.

While I originally agreed with that, I think that's an outdated view now that's not going to help community unification. If relaxing that would get DM a few more articles - although certainly keeping the caveat that the focus was clearly centred on Inquisitor - I certainly wouldn't object to seeing 28mm on the pages of DM.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

If I can finish painting the relevant models, I could possibly finally contribute an article on The Organisation . As it is there, it's just some backstory, but i could draft up a little pictoral hierarchy, some sample characters (with pictures) and some relevant abilities (e.g. 1st Level Oath - This character gains a +20% against any attempts others may make to make him divulge information etc...)

As I say, to reach completion, I'd need to actually finish painting the band for pictures, but if people think there's some potential there, most of the work is already done, and i'd be happy to do the rest to make it more DM-friendly...

Kaled

Obviously Saussure is editor so he gets final say, but my feeling is that as long as it's about Inquisitor then the scale doesn't matter. Looking at the list of individual articles published, the vast majority have no reference to either scale anyway (other than the models used to illustrate them, which in most cases was simply down to the models available to the author or to me when I did the layout). If someone wrote a good article on games set on agri-worlds, for example, I think it'd be silly not to publish it because the pictures were of 28mm models.

EDIT: Also, the DM pages could do with an update - for one thing, the contact e-mail address is wrong.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Saussure

Sorry, one and all, I've been out of the loop for a few days, in India (somewhat ironically, given our recent spam postings).

In general, DM would be invested in almost anything that's already been mentioned in this thread, with the exception of articles that feature solely upon a single player's war band. I agree with Kaled here, in that that's a bit too specific.

On the 28mm issue, I have no problem with it as long as it's an example of 'doing it well'. Several months ago, Molotov was going to write a short series of articles, but they never materialised. If he (or anyone else) wants to move into those territories, then we'll gladly take a look!

D.

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

DapperAnarchist

I'm glad to hear about the support of 28mm, as that was the scale I was planning for the mini-sourcebook models...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Molotov

Apologies; it turns out that I'd managed to minimise this section of the forum. I do want to do INQ28 articles for Dark Magenta. I'd certainly appreciate input on what people think those articles should incorporate, and I'd try to get one done soonish.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kaled

Another idea for an article...

I remember a thread on DakkaDakka (I think) where someone said that Inquisitor fails both as a skirmish game and as a narrative game because the rules are too clunky to make it a good skirmish game, and nothing in the rulebook really stimulates narrative gaming.  And to be honest, I think that's fair - players are pretty much left to figure out the narrative part for themselves and there isn't much guidance on it anywhere (or rather, there is, but its spread across a load of sources which makes it pretty inaccessible to new players).

So, to get to the point - an article that talks about narrative in Inquisitor would, I think, be a fantastic addition to DM.  Maybe looking at narrative from the point of view of the campaign and scenarios, from the characters, and how narrative fits into the actual game itself.

EDIT: I should add that these ideas I'm throwing out are primarily ideas for articles that other people can write...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat