Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I am pretty much finished with the spacebattle now, with the shuttles coming down when I get the chance to write. Also, I am getting a little lost with the plot due to homework, could I have a summary?
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

Righto. Plot so far:

-993.M41 The Coriolis Alpha system is interdicted by order of Inquisitors Gelert Hesh and Fabian Filipowski, among others, after a bloody civil war in which two billion people -- half of the population -- perished. Rumours point to a concurrent Dark Eldar invasion lighting the proverbial powder keg among the population, but this proves impossible to verify.
-008.M42 A vid-recording is received in which Inquisitor Rowena Memphis renounces her faith in the Emperor. The time stamp on the recording lines up with events at Coriolis Alpha and Memphis is denounced as a heretic and declared a traitor to the Imperium.
-009.M42 Memphis is captured by the Inquisition. Hesh learns that she was at Coriolis Alpha when events there took place. Ambrose Barkley signs the petition to have her executed.
-010.M42 Kalen Goruvich of the World Eaters binds the Bloodletter Agares.

-012.M42:
-Inquisitors Madoc Haines, Riley Hallona, Desmond Holst, and Anterus Semplice receive odd messages from Coriolis Alpha, and independently gain permission from the sector Conclave to investigate.
-Barkley similarly seeks permission to conduct a separate investigation.
-During negotiations, Zagan of the World Eaters exits the Warp and uses a techno-sorcerous device to enslave the ships of the interdiction fleet. The Asculum, the flagship of the interdiction fleet, is destroyed in the ensuing battle.
-Sonneillon of the Word Bearers sabotages the Chartist vessel Demeter, forcing it to exit the Warp in the middle of the space battle. The cruiser Archduke Gordian is enslaved and set on a collision course with the Demeter.
-Life pods from stricken capital ships and the Demeter land on Coriolis Alpha III.

...and that's roughly where we're currently at.

Don't sweat it if you're mostly done with the space battle. So are we, and the plot will be marching on shortly -- I'm just waiting for Herald to post something with Barkley.

EDIT: Yes, there was a reason I mentioned Goruvich and Agares :P

EDIT 2: If that homework is maths homework then being as I'm a trainee maths teacher, I'll help you out ;)

Koval

double

Cheers for posting, Herald, I'll throw something together a bit later.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on February 26, 2012, 07:07:12 AMI've got to redraw the coast now, seeing as Andreas thought that they would overshoot the city and then hit the coast...
Oops. Brain no worky in middle the night. The aim was to introduce some more of the characters and have them not conveniently close to the Inquisitor's pod, but apparently I didn't get it all completely straight.

QuoteI just mindscrewed myself into thinking that Steren was a hot blonde (she's not -- you've mentioned her as having black hair)
She's quite capable of using her powers to change her appearance, so she could be if it took her fancy.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 26, 2012, 04:19:53 PM
Quote from: Koval on February 26, 2012, 07:07:12 AMI've got to redraw the coast now, seeing as Andreas thought that they would overshoot the city and then hit the coast...
Oops. Brain no worky in middle the night. The aim was to introduce some more of the characters and have them not conveniently close to the Inquisitor's pod, but apparently I didn't get it all completely straight.
It's not a big deal -- I said I can just have a bit that sticks out a bit (the best example I can think of would be the heel of Italy, or failing that, northwestern France -- you've got this big old bit of sea between Brittany and where Cherbourg is)

QuoteI just mindscrewed myself into thinking that Steren was a hot blonde (she's not -- you've mentioned her as having black hair)
She's quite capable of using her powers to change her appearance, so she could be if it took her fancy.
Damn biomancers!

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

English actually, but I could need maths help occasionally!
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

Quick warning -- no update today, I had an awful day at work and don't want it to impact on my posting.

Dolnikan

I keep trying to write something but nothing comes up. I think that I will await further developments.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Tuesdays are horrible horrible days for me anyway, and Wednesdays aren't usually much better, but I'll see if I'm feeling better by tomorrow evening. Stress is painful.

Dolnikan

I posted up a short bit about exploring Coveton.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

What you've posted is absolutely fine. The west end of town is the fairly affluent part, so assuming that you came in from the west, you'll have hit the "nice" part of town that you've just described (though there are bombed-out buildings everywhere so that's also fine)

Architecturally, the centre of town is closer to Brussels, but with taller buildings -- Coveton's a large place that, in practice, is about the size of Amsterdam.

In case anyone's interested, when I was designing these cities, I was going by my recollections of various excursions to France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, but preferred variations on English-sounding town names. There are some very odd place names out there.

Dolnikan

It is a bit bigger then than I expected, but at least I know the architecture quite well. What kind of things do the locals wear?

Koval

For your part of the city, start here :P

Less affluent Covetonians are more likely to wear slightly baggier clothes better suited to work than to general street fashion. I was reading an article earlier about the history of jeans (which started life as the sorts of trousers a miner or woodcutter could wear without needing to patch them up so often), so now that I've had the opportunity to think about what people in Coveton tend to wear, I'm leaning towards "things that started off as work-clothes, that then became more fashionable later on". Basic simple stuff that you could quite happily wear to a manual job.

Severino from Darkness And Light demonstrates.

A dude from an older RP I ran is also doing it right, although the red's a bit much. (This guy was drawn up using a much older character-creator for a much older game I used to play. It's okay at putting characters together in fun action-poses, as this character demonstrates most ably, but pretty bad at mug shots)

Koval

double, but while I'm on Tinypic, this is a rough map of Coveton that I threw together in about ten minutes. I'm no good at doing street-maps, so that's as much detail as I want to show.

The River Sacris runs through Crantree and Kitwell, then curls up through the city centre in a loose anticlockwise loop, before passing up and out through the Industrial Zone.

EDIT: Rather than do a triple...

I've thrown in a post with Andreas exploring the (rather war-torn) south end of the city, Vargas on the verge of throwing in the towel, and Zagan being hammy/Narmtastic. Apologies for it being late, but Tuesdays are still nightmare-days, and it may get to the point where my other weekdays become nightmare-days too. :-\

Wonder what happened to Necris/Cortez. Sargy I know is still writing a post, but I do worry that we might get a bit ploddy if we're losing people.

Dolnikan

I have decided to go with your suggestion and run into Andreas(a bit literally perhaps)