Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Okay. I'm with you. For a moment I thought the Secutors' jamming kit had hit Semplice as well, but if it hasn't then that's good.

Koval

double

And we're now on the way out of town. Not the longest thing I've ever done, nor is it the best post I've ever written, but there's only so many different ways of describing Andreas running away from enemy bombers while the city explodes around him.

Dolnikan: Apologies for hijacking Semplice and Karnak but this ties in with a few plans I've been formulating for a while now.

Dolnikan

There's nothing wrong with that, that way things can get moving again in that regard.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

In case anyone's wondering: yes, we have stalled slightly, though that's only because I'm waiting to see whether the Semplice/Arbites link goes anywhere :P

Dolnikan

I have posted the short bit I have so far, mostly to get something going again.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Argh. Frustration abound, as I know exactly where I want to take that and even have ideas for a decent action scene, but I just can't find the words to write with. I hate being ill and headachey.

MarcoSkoll

In answer to your question, I'm just suffering a general state of overload mixed with no shortage of writer's block.

I've been writing other stuff relatively comfortably, but I sort of ran out of ideas for where to go here. I kept reworking a passage for Riley and Madoc until I decided the reason it seemed crap was because it was utterly superfluous, I'm not sure what I want to do with Steren's party, and I can't take the stuff on the Integrity that far either - given the relative impotence of a frigate against a Grand Cruiser equipped with techno-sorcery.

I have just had another idea, but aside from how many of my ideas have stalled, I'm not entirely sure how well it might fit into the scheme of things. However, if it "breaks" things, there's an easy fix.

I'll see if I can actually get my brain working on that.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Did I write you into a dead end then, Marco? :-\

MarcoSkoll

Slightly. Coveton coming under attack did mean the original vector of the Inquisitors moving into town got deflected, and things like Andreas' vox being jammed meant that other ideas had to go on hold too.

There's not so much that stops me writing Steren, but her escape from Portiswade would mostly just be "Turned left, turned right, accelerated, lots of swearing from the passengers, occasional mention of some psychic trickery" and while she has got the servitor to entertain herself with, there's not a whole lot she could do with the information (of which there probably isn't much) other than go "Hmm, I should tell Riley about this".

Still, working on something, in between trying to redo Marco and co for the Summer Conclave. (More on that soon - maybe.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Well, the bombers are well on their way to finishing off, so once they're gone, the jamming ought to lift as well -- while Andreas is now arguably outside the city (and jamming range), I'd probably be misinterpreting something about signal jamming if I just said "okay, he's out of range so he can call people again".

Dolnikan

That would depend on how the jamming works, if it is done by the techno-sorcery it could easily have a limited range and a definite border.

Koval

I'm thinking more about how Andreas/Haines' comms are likely to work -- if it's a direct transmission then it'll have to go through the jammed area, which is probably a no-go. The Navy probably wouldn't have left many comms satellites up in orbit, either.

Dolnikan

So they will have to go in a different direction from there, depending on how large the area is.

Koval

I'm trying to find a nice and concise explanation of how jamming tech works, but so far I'm having little success...

EDIT: Based on my limited understanding of things, the Secutors are emitting all sorts of random electromagnetic junk that's aimed to disrupt most if not all comms traffic, of all kinds (apart from their own; the crew and servitors might be in the service of a Khornate Techmarine, but they're not that stupid). That basically tells me as much as I knew before I started looking it up  :-\

Dolnikan

I picked a location for the arbites team, I hope that I didn't mess up any geography I had forgotten about. If so, I will change it immediately to a more suitable location.