Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Someone's apparently using my handle but spelled with a W rather than a V?

We have an impostor on the loose...

Clue #1: the impostor is a phantom!

MarcoSkoll

A phantom, you say? I thought I recognised the dramatic masked forum organist from somewhere.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Depending on how drunk I get tonight, I might post tomorrow morning, or I might post tomorrow afternoon.

MarcoSkoll

So I don't end up starting to write something that clashes, where are you planning on posting for?

As far as suggestions for what you said last night about Andreas trying to make up an alias for Steren, I've been looking around. You can either play off the name's meaning of "Star" (as I may have said, her name is Cornish), but names based around the Latin Serenus would be moderately similar phonetically.

As a Firefly fan, her having the alias "Serenity" is tempting. Also, it would be an amusing name for Andreas to give the woman who's just demolished a wall.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

The Arvus and an extra scene with an antagonist, largely because I'm still curious as to how Dolnikan's characters are going to react to Steren and I don't want to start assuming they'll behave a certain way.

MarcoSkoll

Fair enough. Given I also don't really want to be guessing at what Dolnikan's characters will be doing, I think that leaves me with nothing much to do for the moment. I might be able to chase up side scenes, but I doubt they'd add anything of any value.

That gives me time to get out the modelling kit or sketchpad this evening then.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Double postage. Neither piece is exactly my best work ever, given that I'm still out of it, but the Varachen scene in particular was great fun to write, especially since we've finally seen Nemurax... err, get killed off. Or have we?

Koval

Dolnikan: Are you waiting for me? If so, that'll influence what my update's going to involve this weekend.

Dolnikan

I am indeed waiting for you, I'm a bit unsure about what to do next myself.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

The scene on the outskirts of Coveton is mostly waiting to know how your characters are going to react to a psyker crashing through a brick wall. Andreas' reaction is fairly well known (the two are familiar with each other - although perhaps not well enough he was expecting her to power through a wall - so he's probably shocked rather than about to get violent).
But neither I or Koval want to be making guesses on behalf of your characters.

If you're not sure about how Steren might react in kind... well, if you want to PM me ideas about how your three might react to her arrival, then I'm perfectly happy to take on writing the scene. (I promise she won't end up killing any of them.)

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Exactly so -- assuming that Iota/Nogal/Pantariste would react in a particular way would appear forced, and would no doubt prompt some debate in the OOC as to how the scene should've been handled. Apologies for causing confusion.

(For the record, Andreas has to put up with Haines, and has seen some pretty disturbing stuff courtesy of the various cults and groups he's fought, so I'd say "startled" rather than "shocked". Incidentally I really need to do something with the Blank Dawn rather than make them a footnote.)

MarcoSkoll

Shaken, not stirred. Got you.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I hadn't ever given any thought to whether Andreas drinks vodka martinis...

Koval

Dol: Just seen your post, going to have a read now.

Dolnikan

It's still a it short, I am suffering from a bit of writer's block I think.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.