Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Necris on February 03, 2012, 09:28:12 AMwell so far i have only managed to make the word death
That's a red herring. Try rearranging the columns to see what you can get out of the LAST line (remembering that there are two A-s that might appear in either order*). The first line isn't one 5 letter word.

*Not that you necessarily need to move them.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

doh

well that fell into place scarily easily
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Dolnikan

Now even I have it, I was obviously going into a completely wrong direction.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 03, 2012, 09:36:02 AM
Quote from: Necris on February 03, 2012, 09:28:12 AMwell so far i have only managed to make the word death
That's a red herring.
Also an unintentional one.
Quote from: Macabre on February 03, 2012, 09:25:06 AM
Quote from: Necris on February 03, 2012, 09:10:51 AM
Yep I'll never make a cryptologist :-(

Four minutes. Perhaps I should.
To be fair, Sargy was shticking himself when something similar foxed me way back when. It wasn't my intention to throw together a horrendously convoluted mess that I couldn't then rearrange myself, hence borrowing something (comparatively) simple that stuck in my head.

Inquisitor Sargoth

Dearie me. The simplest tricks are the best, aren't they? Chilling. Also reminds me quite a lot of the big twist at the end of Shades of Grey, actually...
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Koval

Which never got finished and which you never shared with me... :P

Koval

That should be all the personalised plot hooks sent out the now, unless Sargy feels like joining in.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Thanks, when do we start our investigations?
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

I'll try to put something up by Monday evening.

Inquisitor Sargoth

Quote from: Koval on February 03, 2012, 08:34:42 PM
Which never got finished and which you never shared with me... :P

If you want I'll tell you...

Still interested in signing up, but I wouldn't mind a bit more background info. Had a few very off-the-wall ideas, unusually I'm thinking of playing a non-Imperial for this one. Problem is, not sure if these are too distinctive or powerful to be usable, or if they'd have a good reason to be here. Eldar outcast/ranger working to thwart/bring about a Farseer's vision, a chaos magus who made a deal with a daemon as a young man without realising the consequences and survives by continually making new deals (he's ended up pretty damn powerful) or, the most out there idea, a banished (and ritually blinded) Word Bearer on a pilgrimage of sorts. Mostly he'd act behind the scenes through servants and intermediaries (possibly including our magus), as it's hard to hide when you're a chaos marine.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Koval

QuoteIf you want I'll tell you...
Being as it involves Rowena, I think it might be helpful :P

QuoteStill interested in signing up, but I wouldn't mind a bit more background info. Had a few very off-the-wall ideas, unusually I'm thinking of playing a non-Imperial for this one.
Some of that stuff may be a bit sensitive at the moment, so if you could PM me with things you want to know, and how we can play around with the non-Imperial option (Eldar currently looks like the best option*), then we can hammer something out together.

Quoteit's hard to hide when you're a chaos marine.
If Goruvich is any indication, then hiding is very definitely not on many Chaos Marine's agendas.

*The other two are good ideas, to be fair, but if other RP'ers aren't careful, both of them risk turning into "Sargoth is the Big Bad" given what the message says, or alternatively, "we have two competing Big Bads" if Goruvich also gets interpreted poorly.

Dolnikan

In case anyone needs a ride, you could always take passage on the Unbroken. It is in port near the system and because Semplice is posing as a down on his luck rogue trader passage should be securable I think.

I also posted a first part to develop a bit what Semplice is like.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

I'm liking Semplice. He seems to just exude authority in spite of being stuck in a wheelchair with just one arm and one eye still working.

Rather surprised by Iota's mention of DFP though. Isn't that stuff used to treat glaucoma and/or make insecticide?

Dolnikan

I used a semirandom abbrevation because I did not want to get too technical and involved with that. Diisopropyl fluorophosphate can also be used agains glaucoma. I intended it to be one of her extra blood proteins.

Koval

So, Iota does have insecticide and/or glaucoma-treating drugs running through her bloodstream. Remind me to come to her if we ever need any bug spray :P

The final piece of the prologue is now live. The speaker, summed up in three tropes, is somewhere between The Soulless, Neutral Evil* and Shell-Shocked Veteran. He's also beyond ancient and doesn't afraid of anything.

*Because this guy doesn't have enough emotion in him to be either Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil.