Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

Yes, so don't try to use tyranids to eat her.

The former techmarine is very, very scary. I'm afraid that my characters will be in far over their heads with such baddies.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I am in the process of writing my first instalment detailing the bridge of the Hammer of Justice
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Inquisitor Sargoth

Thought occurs - how will those without Inquisitorial clearance get through the blockade? I'll have a think...
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 05, 2012, 07:38:37 PM
Yes, so don't try to use tyranids to eat her.

The former techmarine is very, very scary. I'm afraid that my characters will be in far over their heads with such baddies.
There are five Inquisitors plus attendant staff, and a sixteen-strong Arbites task force in a Crassus, not to mention any allies you may or may not find on the planet itself. I could honestly throw a Bloodthirster at you guys* and sure, you'd be a bit worse for wear and less numerous, but you'd be okay.

*It's not my intention to throw a Bloodthirster at anyone. Sort of "been there, done that"

Quote from: Inquisitor Sargoth on February 05, 2012, 07:49:03 PM
Thought occurs - how will those without Inquisitorial clearance get through the blockade? I'll have a think...
If Eldar, webway. If Chaos character, Warp walking and/or blockade-runner. :P

Dolnikan

It would always be possible to try to sneak through the blockade, depending on what it consists of of course.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 05, 2012, 07:55:10 PM
It would always be possible to try to sneak through the blockade, depending on what it consists of of course.
They'd have taken a few losses in the run-up to being loaned as an interdiction fleet, and the squadrons were reorganised thereafter. What's left is as follows:

-Asculum, Lunar class (commanding officer: Vice-Admiral Cairn Burnett)
-Lord Tiberius, Tyrant class

-Orchomenus, Dictator class
-Resaena, Tyrant class
-Archduke Gordian, Lunar class

-Claymore Squadron, Sword class (3)
-Cyclone Squadron, Cobra class (2)
-Foehammer Squadron, Sword class (3)
-Manticore Squadron, Sword class (2)
-Templar Squadron, Cobra class (4)

-Assorted system monitors and non-Warp-capable ships of various configurations.

Note: it's very likely that the various ships will be spread out in different orbits around the planet, so you wouldn't be facing off against all that at once.

Koval

Should probably add: Feel free to start arriving.

Herald

Little prologue to Ambrose's involvement, I'll write something up tomorrow for the present and his arrival and what not.

What's the planet like when we arrive?
"A man who joins the Inquisition a radical has no faith, a man who leaves it a puritan has no sense".

Koval

Rebuilding. The capital city, Stonechapel, is largely rebuilt, but in order to get the city back to normal they had to siphon people from other cities. Stonechapel's population is just a smidge over 55 million.

A lot of other cities are either in various states of being rebuilt (very slow when the population gets cut in half!), or they're nearly on a ghost-town level where it's just accepted that certain districts will never be rebuilt or cleared. That, or they're literal holes in the ground. With an estimated two and a half billion war dead, there's also a lot of places and bodies that just aren't accounted for.

The interdiction fleet means that no ships can get in or out without permission, but seeing as there are no starports (and any attempt to build one gets "discouraged" by the nearest cruiser), it won't do much good anyway. As a result, unless the interdiction fleet lifts, the planet will be facing famine in three years at most.

I explained it in rather a lot more detail to Sargy when we were hammering out the important points together, but suffice it to say that the planet's a bit screwed.

Oh, and one teensy little thing about Ambrose's prologue-post; you might want to run back over the dates. The vid-capture was received in 008.M42, so I'll grant you that, but there was a delay of fifteen years between the vid-capture having been made and it having been received.

Koval

By the by, if anyone wants to know the system name, it's Coriolis Alpha. ΣΘΦΡ-Interdicta is the system's third planet. I realise most of you would have wanted to know this a lot sooner, but ΣΘΦΡ-Interdicta gets the "it's a forbidden world" point across a lot more clearly.

MarcoSkoll

Is there a way in which one is supposed to pronounce ΣΘΦΡ-Interdicta?

Sigma Theta Phi Rho? The latinisation is a rather ugly "Sthphr", although pronounceable as in the sounds in Aesthetic and Phrase...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 06, 2012, 12:50:20 AM
Is there a way in which one is supposed to pronounce ΣΘΦΡ-Interdicta?

Sigma Theta Phi Rho? The latinisation is a rather ugly "Sthphr", although pronounceable as in the sounds in Aesthetic and Phrase...
They lopped off some vowels, changed the v to a ph, then changed the lettering (in this case to Greek, though I could've used some other alphabet system. Now if only I could read Cyrillic!).

"Sigma Theta Phi Rho Interdicta" is enough of a mouthful that most people would probably get confused just trying to work out where it is. :P

I'll PM you the planet's actual name (and I don't just mean Coriolis Alpha III; it does have its own name)

Inquisitor Sargoth

I was going to ask what it was - I assumed the inhabitants at least would still use that. I may need it if it comes up in my character's prophetic visions.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Dolnikan

I just posted up the arrival of the Unbroken. I hope it is good enough.

Koval

Apologies. I was about to send Marco a PM, but my interwebs stopped working and then I had to leave to go to work. I'll PM both Marco and Sargy the now.

Dolnikan: Looks fine, although I do wonder how you're going to run the blockade. Does the Unbroken have Normandy's stealth system? :P

Marco: is it okay if Haines and Andreas catch a lift with Riley? I haven't actually given Haines a ship, which was a bit silly of me.