Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Cool beans. I'll have time to reply properly tomorrow evening. :)

MarcoSkoll

I am working on my next segment, but the relevant news right now is that I've gone back and added text colours to my last post, as well as a few other minor edits to make the context of who's saying what clearer.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Cool. I'd be interested to see what Steren and Jael get up to next.

EDIT: In which Andreas does a Sherlock Scan on Iota, and I (perhaps incorrectly) assume that Iota is making a conscious effort to behave somewhere in between Emotionless Girl and Stoic Woobie.

Dolnikan: If it hadn't been for Iota not wanting to be identified, and having been ordered not to be discovered, I would've had her introduce herself to Andreas as "Iona Tethras". A pity I didn't get to use that :P

Dolnikan

You portrayed her like I imagined her to react. When questioned further she would still be likely to use such a bad name. There will come a time, I'm sure.

Edit: I posted a bit of Semplice's more human side, mostly to show that he has feelings somewhere.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

I might have just precipitated an Andreas X Iota subplot by accident :-[

Andreas isn't an idiot. He's pretty suspicious of Iota, but isn't about to start a fight with her when they could just as easily cooperate. (For one thing, he'd lose.)

I will, however, admit that "Antero Tolnay" is a bit of a crappy pseudonym.

EDIT: I've drawn up a Dark Heresy character sheet for Andreas (who, in Ascension terms, is a recently ascended Rank 9 Sage).

I'm not sure how I managed it, but his highest stat (after Intelligence, at 50 with Unnatural x2) is Agility (at 52). He's completely useless in combat if you take his guns away, though (as expected), and he's had very little EXP invested in Forbidden Lore or extra wounds, but the way I set his talents up, he's more of a Battle Butler or a Jeeves than a Sage anyway.

The only reason he's not an Interrogator is because I wanted to spend his bonus Ascension EXP on Common Lore Mastery, which Interrogators don't get until something like Rank 12 :P

Koval

double

No prizes for guessing that I've just thrown you guys another Zagan scene, or that one of the other speakers is Kalen Goruvich. I've also made references to the third speaker already, but this is the first time we've actually seen him speak (in this RP at least).

...and there's also a little bit of extra context for you guys, in case some of you felt the plot was taking a while to get going. :)

If Dolnikan and I can resolve the Andreas/Iota scene between us, I can start to move the plot back on.

EDIT: Marco/Herald, you now have a house.

I'll do some more Zagan stuff a bit later if I'm in the mood :P

Dolnikan

I added a piece which should wrap up the part about getting the house from Semplice's side.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

...yeah, I can certainly imagine a bunch of drunks round that area. Usually (in RL) when you have a train station, there's loads of bars and cheap living not too far away, with all that that entails. All sounds pretty good, in any case.

Koval

double

Since we're finally back online, expect an update from me some time around the weekend.

Inquisitor Sargoth

Sorry 'bout the delay on this, chaps.

Assume they're all holed up by now, but rumours of a space marine running through the city will be rife. Any info on his companions will be sketchy at best - people didn't pay them much heed.

So far, Sonnelion has been an unwitting red herring for you all. The Demeter no doubt appeared to be part of Zagan's attack and now when you hear of a space marine running around you're likely to assume he's on the same side. If Zagan has any informers on the surface I imagine he's going to be very interested indeed as to what's going on.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Feel free to post for me, I have numerous exams (3rd year tracking) coming up so I will be very busy!
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

Update. Assume it's either dawn or early morning.

Goruvich and the Ancient are deploying by Thunderhawk purely because neither of them is especially fond of drop pods.

If anyone wants a layout of the apartments, feel free to let me know.

Inquisitor Sargoth

I take it I don't have time to go to ground and set up a HQ before the [EXCOMMUNICATE] hits the fan, then?

I like the Ancient's dalek-like habit of yelling whatever he's doing. I dislike his name, however - it sounds far, far too similar to Skallathrax.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

MarcoSkoll

How many World Eaters are there......?!?!?!

*Sobbing noises*
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: Inquisitor Sargoth on March 10, 2012, 02:58:06 AM
I take it I don't have time to go to ground and set up a HQ before the [EXCOMMUNICATE] hits the fan, then?
You'll have time.

QuoteI like the Ancient's dalek-like habit of yelling whatever he's doing.
I actually started with the basic idea of a Dalek when I first designed him, however long ago that was, and somehow I just ran with it. Helps that he's absolutely bats**t crazy.
QuoteI dislike his name, however - it sounds far, far too similar to Skallathrax.
It does, yes, but in general, "the Ancient" is what Zagan uses, and since the Ancient doesn't care what Goruvich calls him, anticipate seeing "the Ancient" more often than "Skatharax the Unfettered" :P

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 10, 2012, 05:06:12 AM
How many World Eaters are there......?!?!?!

*Sobbing noises*
Three. Zagan, Goruvich, and the Ancient. Don't worry, all three of these have been mentioned (in the IC thread, no less) quite a lot earlier than last night. Everything is perfectly possible to overcome, by the way; I've not thrown an impossible task at you, although you might find yourself relying on Haines and/or Sonneillon if other opportunities fail to present themselves.