Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Sargoth

Quote from: Koval on March 10, 2012, 06:30:20 AM
I've not thrown an impossible task at you, although you might find yourself relying on Haines and/or Sonneillon if other opportunities fail to present themselves.

I doubt Sonnellion could beat any of 'em. A Dreadnaught is out of his league, really, and though his armour's auto-senses and general marine hearing mean he's quite capable of fighting blind Goruvich and Zagan are clearly not fools and would take advantage of his disability. For one thing he's also going to struggle to block and parry by hearing. He is, however, probably the person who could hold them off the longest.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Holst might stand a chance, through using a millenia of experience and an augmented body
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

I'll admit, what I just presented implies "who can beat them in a straight fight", so I apologise.

What I meant by mentioning Haines and Sonneillon was that Sonneillon is a Space Marine (and therefore knows how to fight other Space Marines, as clearly Sonneillon isn't a fool either), whereas Haines has his thunder hammer (which only the Ancient would consider ignoring; the other two would treat him with a bit more caution). If it did come down to a straight fight, then the best the party can hope for is Holst and Haines being giant decoys, but there are other ways to defeat Space Marines than just in a straight fight -- Goruvich is arguably the most dangerous up-close*, but he's also the least powerful of the three, and in any case I'm not after straight fights against Space Marines. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do other things.

*I know the Ancient has a power fist and Zagan has all his servo arms, but keep in mind that the Ancient is an insane Chaos Dreadnought** and that Zagan's idea of fighting is "you require more cannon fodder", so those guys won't give you the chance of a straight fight anyway. Besides, Goruvich's sword is evil. And sentient.

**The fact that I've clarified something that one generally takes for granted is probably sufficient to get the point across...

Dolnikan

About standing a chance, I would prefer to just get as large a mass of bodies between us and them as possible. Then we just have to get a lot of firepower and hope to escape safely.

By the way, can we notice their landing in any way?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on March 11, 2012, 01:51:06 PM
About standing a chance, I would prefer to just get as large a mass of bodies between us and them as possible. Then we just have to get a lot of firepower and hope to escape safely.
Difficult but possible. There's a local PDF but there's not much to suggest they'll be especially welcoming, of either you or the World Eaters. Which of you they choose to listen to is another matter, of course :P

QuoteBy the way, can we notice their landing in any way?
Sure. They're not being especially subtle about it. They're coming in by Thunderhawk (with all the iconography removed; you'll be able to see the chainsword marks quite clearly).

Necris

I'm sorry I think I'm going to have to drop out of this my internet connection is terrible at the moment and I can't reliably commit to anything 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Dolnikan

That is too bad, internet connections can be horrible sometimes. I hope that you will be able to come back when these issues are resolved.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I have exams so writing anything will not work particularly well.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Koval

Thank you for letting me know, Necris.

Assuming it's okay with you, I'll take over the stuff with Narl and co. as that's a lot of Arbites to just go missing.

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Dolnikan

I posted a short bit, I hope that I haven't made any wrong assumptions.

Koval

One minor wobble -- the apartments are west of the centre and are west-facing. The layout of that floor is here and a rough city map is here.

It's feasible that the Thunderhawk is coming down in the Aspen Firth, Crantree or Kitwell districts (although Kitwell would put it alarmingly close to the apartment), but somehow I've just taken away the impression that the Thunderhawk's landing in the city centre. Was that what you had in mind?

It's a shame that this week is gonna be an absolute nightmare, else I'd have thrown something together myself. :-\

Dolnikan

I was thinking about it landing in the centre. Perhaps I can change it to her walking through the building, and seeing it from a window near the stairs?

Koval

That'll work. There's a small window at each level on the stairs that looks east.

Dolnikan

I edited it in, this way everything should fit together.