Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Goruvich isn't much of a conversationalist either -- he's relatively civil towards the Ancient for the simple reason that he doesn't want the Ancient to flatten him. Still the easiest of the three to talk to, but saying a Khorne Berserker is easy to talk to is like saying it's possible to get blood out of a stone.

EDIT: Like your post, Dolnikan. I'll put something short up in a bit, with an aim of getting something longer done on Friday evening.

Dolnikan

I decided to do soemthing to try to get us all a little less separated, amongst others to move the story along.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Cool stuff. Not sure when I'll be able to post again, mind, I've got an interview tomorrow.

Would like to point out, though, that if the Ancient can break into a run (as you've already had in one of your posts), he'll be going through those walls like a very loud and angry truck (and to be fair, the IA books list a Dreadnought's mass at around 11 tonnes). I appreciate Iota's reasoning, but the Ancient doesn't care about silly things like walls and barricades. :P

Dolnikan

I figured that it would still brek through things, but a bit slower than when just running through an open street, giving more time to try to escape.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, I couldn't help but imagine the tank chase from Goldeneye from when you talked about going down a too narrow alley.

Indeed, Dreadnoughts do have a real habit of remodelling any scenery that might happen to be in their way. If there's some Space Marines who are in need of a Big Damn Hero, that Big Damn Hero has a decent chance of being a Dreadnought taking a shortcut through the nearest wall.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

When I designed the Ancient I didn't have the Goldeneye scene on my mind, but in retrospect I probably should have done, because that tank is doing exactly what I imagine the Ancient to be doing should Andreas/Iota hijack a car...

Dolnikan

Somehow I almost feel compelled to have Iota steal a car somehwere, the only problem is that she doesn;t know how to, perhaps Andreas can help out in that department?

Koval

Absolutely -- Andreas can do a little bit of everything. It's shorter to list the things that, within reason, he can't do.

Koval

double

Problem solved, and hopefully I played Iota sensibly there -- crashing someone else's car into the Dreadnought does strike me as the sort of thing she might do, primarily because she doesn't have to care about the driver.

The post does however rely on the assumption that Nogal was sensible enough to get a city map from somewhere, even if that "somewhere" happens to be Andreas' kit bag.

Dolnikan

It seems very good and in character to me, Nogal is not as big an idiot as Karnak and would have tried to do something.

Koval

Debating who to use for tonight's "Meanwhile" update. I've got a hook hanging with Vargas, but we've seen a lot of the Ancient and not much of Goruvich in the past few posts. Decisions, decisions...

Dolnikan

Gurovich would be very interesting  think, I will do some random being chased by a dreadnought I think.

Koval

Considering that Iota's now on the back of a truck, I'd be surprised if the Ancient's able to keep up with her. :P

Dolnikan

It depends, it can do several things to slow them down.

Koval

I've actually got a really good idea now of where they are... the fact that I'm basing parts of Coveton on cities I've visited really isn't helping me there :P

EDIT: Went with a Vargas post instead of a Goruvich one, as I think I need to tie that one up. I'm actually starting to grow fond of Vargas as a character...

EDIT 2: Marco, just out of interest, what are Jael and Steren likely to be doing at this point? Appreciate they're miles away from Coveton, but have they at least found their way off the cliff face?