Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on April 04, 2012, 06:51:11 AMin fact all I'd intended was for Haines to knock her down -- the concussion was your own addition which I think we just rolled with as it made sense
Well, having someone at least twice your weight tripping on to you is unlikely to turn out well.

But I blame it at least partly on some of the other characters I'm working on stories for at the moment having at least some degree of healing factor and thus my getting a bit too comfortable in bashing the people I'm writing around.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Edited my most recent IC post to remove an inconsistency -- we're not meant to be seeing everything that went on three years ago, but what we could see had a glaring screw-up in it that I've now deleted.

Sargy won't need prompting as to what the Helbindi Incident is, but for anyone else that's interested, it's a reference to an older RP, on an older iteration of the 'Clave, in which an older incarnation of Rowena Memphis was my main character.

Koval

double

Anyone waiting for me / got a post in the pipes / on an Easter-egg binge? :P

Dolnikan

I'm working on something small, I hope to have it finished tonight or tomorrow.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

A rather worrying if totally in-character development on your part -- I do wonder what's going to happen to Iota...

Just wondering what Marco's up to before I do anything with those bombers.

EDIT: Couldn't help myself. Small interlude piece in which things happen and big shouty things are big and shouty.

Dolnikan

It even made me laugh. I'm thinking about writing the return to the appartment if that is ok.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

I'm renaming the Ancient "Comedy Skatharax" just for you, Dolnikan :P

Feel free to write up the return to the apartment. There's enough space for Andreas to abandon the truck somewhere along the road.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on April 08, 2012, 08:05:44 AMJust wondering what Marco's up to before I do anything with those bombers.
Marco is still up to something. Some few real world worries to deal with though, and I had a bit of writer's block after having had to take the writing break to work on modelling.

Fortunately, some of my characters are pretty immune to writer's block, so I just get them to make suggestions. (I still haven't worked out how someone who only exists in my head can come up with things I can't.)

Fairly big post coming that should deal with both Riley and Steren/Jael though. (Possibly some stuff on the Integrity too, not sure yet).

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Awesome stuff. I might get another flash-to-the-past post going in the meantime.

Flash-to-the-past post is now live.

For anyone wondering, I'm using these as a way to add a bit of extra background context, especially regarding Memphis, without turning Andreas (or worse, Haines) into Exposition Man.

MarcoSkoll

Postage.

I decided to leave out the Integrity scenes for now, as I felt I was giving you too much to read as it was.  Sorry that it's not colour coded yet - I'm being lazy.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Awesome stuff Marco -- I'm off out this morning so I can't read it as thoroughly as I'd like to until this evening, but it looks great so far.

One slight concern, though, although since it's not even 6:30 yet I might've just missed something: how does Steren know the name Portiswade?

MarcoSkoll

I was planning on having the others pick up on that seeming oddity in the near future, but... suffice to say that this isn't the first time in the story she's known something without being told it.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Fairy snuff. She has her ways.

Out of interest, which of Steren, Jael, Rosa, Dion and Javix* is the best driver? I'm about to default to it being Steren, but if you have any further suggestions for me then I'll swap a few things around in the post I'm preparing.

*Trying desperately hard not to spell this guy's name with a K...

Inquisitor Sargoth

Quote from: Koval on April 11, 2012, 03:32:51 PM
*Trying desperately hard not to spell this guy's name with a K...

I know, I'm struggling with this too...
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

MarcoSkoll

I can change it to a K if you'd like. :P

As for who's the best driver, I can't imagine that naval voidsmen would have much need to learn how to drive - or at the very least, much practice/experience.
The other two... well, either would know how, but Steren has by far the better motor skills, perceptions and reaction times*. She also seems to be leading the group here (Jael has a pretty submissive personality), so I suspect that regardless of their relative skill levels, she'd probably take the job.

* I've just realised I've omitted this from her character description, and I'm not sure why - given she's quite capable of reshaping her own flesh, she's made a few adjustments along the way. Taking some years off the clock, a few cosmetic corrections and generally tuning up her body. So she's somewhat stronger and quicker than you'd expect (although still within mortal limits) even without the active use of her powers.

GW's =I= articles