Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on April 11, 2012, 04:42:29 PM
I can change it to a K if you'd like. :P
But then he would need an airlock out of which to throw things...

QuoteAs for who's the best driver, I can't imagine that naval voidsmen would have much need to learn how to drive - or at the very least, much practice/experience.
The other two... well, either would know how, but Steren has by far the better motor skills, perceptions and reaction times*.
Thank you, that's all I need. :)
QuoteShe also seems to be leading the group here (Jael has a pretty submissive personality), so I suspect that regardless of their relative skill levels, she'd probably take the job.
Those were my initial thoughts as well.

Quote* I've just realised I've omitted this from her character description, and I'm not sure why - given she's quite capable of reshaping her own flesh, she's made a few adjustments along the way. Taking some years off the clock, a few cosmetic corrections and generally tuning up her body. So she's somewhat stronger and quicker than you'd expect (although still within mortal limits) even without the active use of her powers.
This is how I imagine biomancers as well -- even if you put them in a null field, they've still probably reconfigured their bodies to be somewhere between pro athletes and black-belt martial artists, and powers or not, facing that is still a pretty terrifying prospect.

I took that to its logical extreme once (as a concept only, not as an actual character), and ended up with the page image for this trope. And then somehow I ended up with a python.

EDIT: Postage. Nothing that'll set the world alight, but it's something to get the ball rolling again.

Left the door open for you to find the crashed flyer, Marco -- you already know what you'll find.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on April 11, 2012, 04:58:57 PMEven if you put them in a null field, they've still probably reconfigured their bodies to be somewhere between pro athletes and black-belt martial artists, and powers or not, facing that is still a pretty terrifying prospect.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what you could expect from her. She's actually a lot more skilled in combat than she chose to be against the enforcers, but she wasn't going for efficiency there. More shock value.

QuoteLeft the door open for you to find the crashed flyer, Marco -- you already know what you'll find.
Wilco.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

I am in the process of writhing another bit, would I be correct to assume a city-wide panic by now?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

MarcoSkoll

I would assume he's concerned with the city his characters are in. ;)

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Coveton's the one yes, although, a little detour to another one to even further split everyone up...
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

There's general panic and mania in Coveton, although this is largely because local heretics have used the Ancient's arrival as an opportunity to show their true colours (Goruvich's arrival, not so much).

In Portiswade I imagine people are too worried by the prospect of dying horribly to reveal their allegiance (even though there's a lot of conflict between loyalists and heretics in Portiswade anyway), so there's a lot of panic there as well. Imagine a place roughly the size of Aberdeen being blown up and you'll have a rough idea.

I'd imagine there's unrest in other cities as well, particularly in Hilcenter, but if we're interested mostly in those two (as that's where the action seems to be happening at the moment) then that's what we've got.

Dolnikan

I posted up a bit, I will do a second part tomorrow.(I hope)

Inquisitor Sargoth

Will post early next week, most likely. It will essentially by Sonneillon wandering around thinking (Mostly along the lines of 'What the hell is going on and why did a World Eater Dreadnought spare me?' but possibly even flashbacking to his exile) and then rejoining Volos and company.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

MarcoSkoll

Something I managed to omit earlier, Koval...

Steren tends to suppress most of her displays of emotion (unless she's "acting") - something of a backlash against telepathically mirroring other people's emotions - so swearing is pretty rare for her (even using sanitised language). That's not to say she never swears, but that it tends not to be out of stress or surprise.
Like I say, the starting point for writing her is to imagine a Terminator. She'll fake emotion when it helps her, but she tends towards stoic otherwise.

One thing to ask - are you likely to pick up the side of things with the Inquisitors at the lifepod, or are you expecting me to do that? I'd sort of planned it to give you a chance to weigh in, but I'll write more if necessary. Just don't want to find that both of us spend time trying to write the same stuff.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'll tweak that post, then, my mind wasn't exactly on the ball when I wrote it. My mind's not been on the ball very much over the past few days, come to think of it.

I'll handle the life pod stuff, as I've actually thought of a halfway decent way to do it without doing a drawn-out departure scene. Will probably put something up later today.

EDIT: something's live

Dolnikan

I posted up the second part of what I was writing yesterday, it was getting late and only got the first part finished before going to bed.

Koval

Fair enough. Bed first, writing second, otherwise you fall asleep at the keyboar asgvddajnfadvvghngdxvfgvbtbt

Koval

Public serve announcement: Term starts again tomorrow (Monday) so my productivity will most likely return to normal as I go back to endless amounts of lesson planning.

Koval

triple

Considering how shattered I am (and in how little time I wrote that latest update), I think I'm pretty good at throwing a spanner in my own works, although I think we all knew that was coming sooner or later anyway.