Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

That happens to me. I recommend listening to good music -- admittedly your tastes and mine may vary, as I listen to scores and symphonic metal when I need inspiration, with occasional bits of death metal and some trance thrown in -- and just letting the images flow.

Marco: Endless barrels might have to wait until next weekend. :P

MarcoSkoll

@Dolnikan: You know, that's what I should have thought of - Iota would (and does) defer to Semplice if an unexpected situation occurs.

I'd still say that based on the brief observation the characters have had though, there are alternative explanations beyond immediately concluding Steren is a psyker. Sure, it's a possible and likely explanation for unnatural performance, but concealed augmetics/bionics, powerful combat drugs* and other biological boosts are all known in the Imperium.
Still, if that's the assumption she'd make, that's fair enough.
*Referring, somewhat, to the police officer in "Terminator" who suggested the T101 was on PCP as an explanation for its strength.

@Koval: Endless barrels? You've got me confused.

In any case, if I am to infer from that that you'll probably not have time to post until next weekend, I've got a few ideas I'll try and get down before then.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Marco: Page image. You know to what I'm referring. :P

Dol: Threw up a short post because I had time to do so. If I've misinterpreted Iota completely here, then please let me know, and I'll just can the whole post as it's rather reliant on her being a bit annoyed with Andreas. Actually, now that I think about it, I've probably been playing Andreas completely out of character as well (to the point where you could replace "Andreas Tuominen" with "Ottakar Grant" or "Fabian Filipowski", and it'll read exactly the same) so I'll revisit it anyway after work tomorrow.

MarcoSkoll

Ah yes, now it makes sense. I couldn't remember whether it was something from Skype.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Am I unfortunately becoming adept at writing people into corners? :-X

Dolnikan

I am currently on holliday without a computer, I will post whenI get back.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Dolnikan

I got a little something up, I will do another piece when I am less tired.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

No worries, thank you for posting. Did you have a good holiday?

MarcoSkoll

I've got a post that's mostly ready to go, but I have to go to bed now. Early-ish tomorrow then, I imagine.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Okay, early-ish was overoptimistic. But I posted something anyway.

I eventually decided that Steren would be less aggressive than giving a "Do you think you can shoot him before I can stop you?" speech. However, I have to be honest - if Iota et al continue to remain a threat to Andreas (either by pointing guns at him, or insisting he stay in a dangerous area), she'll likely deal with them in her own idiom.

For the sake of the story, I don't want her to be getting violent - but it's what would be in character. She's quite analytical - she needs Andreas alive, and if the risks against that get too great, she deals with the risks, even if they are Inquisition agents.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I might drop in an update over the weekend depending on how I'm feeling. Currently, I'm exhausted, and I want to tinker with some other projects as well (none of them involve RPs, mind). See what I feel like tomorrow.

Dolnikan

I hope to write something during the weekend but it does depend on how I feel.

Koval

I think that puts both of us in a similar position, then :P

Koval

double

Okay, so I completely failed to come up with anything whatsoever. I'll have a think about how to manage the transition between here and the next big action-y bit while I'm at work tomorrow.

EDIT: Turns out I'll need to wait for Iota to be told (by someone other than Steren) to lower her weapon, or at least do something with it that doesn't involve shooting Andreas in the face. :X

Assuming that the group's going to bundle into at least one of the vehicles plus Steren's half-track thereafter, there's enough fuel in the trucks/armoured cars, combined, for one truck plus the half-track to go as far as we need to go, and let's assume the Salamander's got a few spare jerry cans in the back as well. We already know Andreas can drive (I think I enumerated the list of things he can't do, either in this thread or over Skype) and I'm hoping that either Nogal or Pantariste knows what to do with a ground vehicle as well.

In case anyone's curious, Portiswade was the closest city but I think the bombers over that way already wiped it off the map, as is technically still happening to Coveton*. Stonechapel's about a fourteen-hour drive away by tank (or six and a half hours by land-train), with other cities being a bit too far away for even a Hover Espace to cover in any reasonable amount of time.

Zagan's grand cruiser is in low orbit by now, by the way, so will be sort of visible to Steren and anyone with magnoculars if the sky's clear. (Keeping in mind that "low orbit" goes out to two thousand kilometres above sea level, Zagan is still very definitely in space -- he's not going to suddenly drop into Sathvairg's atmosphere on his own volition.)

*Although the bombers over both cities are long gone and have probably headed back to Zagan's ship to refuel, let's not forget that most of Coveton is still on fire...