Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

I have little time at the moment but did post a short reply to Steren, Pantariste knows how to drive as does Nogal, so that should work.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Forgot to mention earlier that Stonechapel's northwest of Coveton, although do remember that I'm bringing it up primarily because it's the nearest city to Coveton that the party doesn't believe has been bombed.

Don't worry about time constraints, Dol, I'm a bit tight for time at the moment as well. Damn surprise commitments.

EDIT: I should be able to get something up tomorrow evening Saturday.

Koval

double

Yes, it's messy, but I'm not good with transitions between one scene and another. So while the justification for "let's go to Stonechapel" is as flimsy as a wet piece of paper, I'll be thinking of ways to bulk it out, and in any case this brings me closer to doing something with my ideas for once we're there.

Koval

triple

While I am working on my next post, I do plan to spend most of my time between now and next weekend painting -- I'm going to a 40K tournament in Wiltshire on the 19th, and I have a lot of Imperial Guard to paint between now and then.

MarcoSkoll

If you're short on time, I am working on something myself. In any case, Steren will volunteer herself as one of the drivers. Her talents make ignoring physical and mental fatigue pretty trivial* - but I suspect that everyone else is already feeling the strain, either through skipped sleep or aching muscles.

*Mind you, regarding what I wittered about in PMs regarding Steren's boosted physical feats still normally being fuelled by her own metabolism (the psychic powers only a catalyst), Steren probably has the most fatigue to ignore.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Actually, what I was working on is totally separate to the characters of either you, Dolnikan, or myself, so feel free.

And yes, there is a reason behind my slightly odd wording :P

Koval

Okay, so apparently a full rewrite solved the problem, as did having a pre-existing Sonneillon/Jacques post open so that I could reference how they sounded.

Dolnikan

I finally got to post again, I am still ill, with a light fever, so please point out any unclear bits, because my mind can't.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Cool. That works well with what I'm slowly writing.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

What I was aiming to write today will have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest, but it all makes sense.

Get well soon, Dol :)

MarcoSkoll

I promised Koval a segment where Steren killed someone with a brick, so there it is.

I should probably also tell you why Steren was only partially lying when she was talking about the Theklian 7th, but that would a) not be as much fun for me and b) require me to actually have a plausible sounding explanation.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Nice post. Must've taken a while to put together.

I'm in the process of deciding what my next segment is going to entail, so that probably means it'll come in two parts (and neither of them before the weekend, as I've been absolutely knackered for the past two days).

I'm also trying to work out how to manage a time skip, because fourteen hours of driving won't make for a very interesting string of posts.

MarcoSkoll

It did. Partly because it needed a rewrite to get around Pantariste's instructions to drive the Salamander.

Not perfect though, so I've performed some minor rewording. No plot changes though.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'm not hugely proud of the first bit -- it's a generic Vargas update that actually gets into the planetary bombardment Zagan was about to do several pages ago -- but the second bit ought to provide a bit more context to both what's coming, and what came before*. Have fun with all the new stuff.

This also allows us to facilitate a time-skip if we want to get past boring Andreas-Goes-To-Sleep posts and spoilery reveals between Ravion and Semplice. (On that note, Dol, if you want to play that one out over private messages, please feel free.)

*If you actually look at the date of Part 2, it came after the messages were received, and just slightly before Haines joined Riley on the Sword of Integrity.

MarcoSkoll

*Insert dramatic organ music here*

GW's =I= articles