Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Defiant Echoes: OOC

Started by Koval, January 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Not quite organ music, but how about Apocalypse Please?

EDIT: Just found this, and it is amazing.

EDIT 2: New colour for Hesh. Yes, it is important that I coloured his text.

Dolnikan

Now that is very interesting to be sure. I will be posting a short bit about the meeting between the marshal and the inquisitor soon, and then I think it would be time for the PM's.

Edit: I posted the little bit I promised before.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

I was about to make a post last night, but decided that I was too shattered to manage anything coherent past the first two sentences. If I get something up this weekend, it'll probably be tomorrow.

EDIT: Well obviously very little happened over the weekend -- I don't know why but I just felt absolutely knackered the whole time.

EDIT 2: Found the soundtrack for the next scene, I'll get writing in the morning.

I'll have to duck back into earlier pages to remind myself whether we're allowing armsmen-casualties, though.

Koval

double

Yes, Agares is back, although the bike isn't Goruvich's own, since suddenly saying he came down with one makes no sense -- he probably took it from an Arbitrator. As such, it'll probably be closer to a Scout Bike than a full Astartes bike, and I imagine it'll have just the one on-board weapon (if any).

I'm currently imagining the party joining the orbital from the southeast and currently going clockwise.

Dol -- I'm currently assuming Iota to be inside the Salamander with Pantariste, so if it looks odd that Nogal suddenly has a gun, tell me and I'll switch their positions around. (Oh, and the direction in which the party's going is quite important.)

Dolnikan

Iota would still be in there yes. Now we have to find a way to rid ourselves of the space marine.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

I doubt anyone is going to regret Steren having brought along that heavy stubber...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

The heavy stubber is going to be helpful, but that won't do the job in and of itself -- it'll take a bit more than just bullets to stop Agares, even if you're more or less emptying a M2 into him.

If, on the other hand, you had four heavy bolters all trained on him as well as the heavy stubber, you'll probably have to get the hose out as well because he'll be joining Bort. :P

MarcoSkoll

Not so much my thinking.

It may take a lot to stop Agares, but his bike (even if armoured) is a little more compelled to obey the laws of physics, and I doubt he'll be able to keep pace without it.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Well that's not exactly very spectacular, though I myself have had some ideas revolving around the bike. Do remember that I gave him one for a reason :P

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

We could try that, however, I have the feeling that he would leap off the bike and onto our salamander, otherwise it would be a bit undramatic.

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, you've just given me an idea I won't have enough spare time to write before next week.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'd say the Summer Conclave takes priority here, so feel free to take your time.

Koval

double

It's filler, but one of the lines in question popped into my head over lunch yesterday; I didn't get time to flesh it out until just now, though, so if it looks a bit spontaneous, it is.

MarcoSkoll

I'm still not blessed with the spare time to be have written down more than notes for the passage I have got in mind, but to check a few facts...

1) As I recall, the Salamander Scout does not have any access between the gunbay and driver's compartment, making the only access to the driver's compartment the top hatch. I'm taking it, therefore, that Iota is stuck in the front gun position.

2) I'm assuming the only two characters (currently present, at least*) who would have any chance (beyond pure luck) in a close range fight against Agares are Steren and Iota (before bearing in mind point #1 above, at least).

*Counting only active PCs, unless Riley steals a nastier weapon (but she likely is going to), I'd think I'd probably only add Haines and his thunder hammer to the list.

GW's =I= articles