Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Holiad's demons(small retrospective)

Started by Holiad, August 24, 2009, 12:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

As a small extra, here's the finished and painted version of Spare parts.

Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Kaled

The deathwatch shoulder pad looks a bit too bit for my tastes, but otherwise he looks great.  I like the way you've mounted the gun in his arm, and the force axe is a nice blast from the past.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

I wouldn't say it's too big per se, it's just a bit detached from the actual shoulder, perhaps if you removed all that mesh stuff (probably GS?) and set the arm closer to the body, maybe it might have worked.. I don't know. However, the paint job is quite wonderful, it would be a shame to pull the model apart based on that one niggle. Good work!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Holiad

Yes, the mesh is Green stuff, and his left arm actually looked a good deal worse without it-that's about as well as brother Artemis's space marine-sized arm will fit on a normal-sized body. But as it was one of the parts I had spare, I decided to tolerate the somewhat clumsy fit, and maybe explain it background-wise as the result of a tech-priest being forced to work with similarly limited resources. To be honest, this is far from the only instance of a model having whatever I had lying around on my desk added to it.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire