Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Greenstuff_Gav's Warbands

Started by greenstuff_gav, August 01, 2009, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

aye, as per the last Conclave, a retrospective of the minis i have left and includes some WIP minis

so, first off we have my Eldar Outcasts, some of SteveB's gorgeous elf minis:

Iyanta'talumehtarrúcimaesikcamansurathin'valtoessa, (Talessa) Iyanden Outcast and Sierannkerunkhisanith, (Khisanith) Exodite wanderer.
Talessa simply had a whip added (sorry Steve, i wasn't a fan of the pose  :-[ ) while Khisanith had the sniper rifle built over her bow and Family Sword hilt built over the quiver.

following on, we have Lord Inquisitor Ro Hymunin, puritan of the Hereticus and his Acolytes, Lady Demandredd (right) and Unnamed (left)

Ro is Tyrus with Covenant's head, while Demandredd (a non-combatant) is the navigator with interchangeable hands (with different imperial symbols). The final lady is another SteveB mini i'm undecided on what direction i'm taking her (maybe Sister Of Battle route)

continuing the SteveB theme, we have my Navigator-for-hire and her mutant serfs

the navigator was simply a head swap and had the staff added (with a mass of Purity Seals to show her regular testing for Taint).
Her retinue features Hurk the Goblin, with Mordheim book added as a data-slate; being highly intelligent, he is entrusted with handling bookings etc.
Zzzz is little more than a slave; carrying the House Crest and fetching meals etc.

next is possibly my favourite warband; Zombies!

Cevan Orgaris was originally a psyker bound to Lord Hymunin's service; his powers were used to hunt other witches.
however, after a bite from a plague zombie on Necromunda, Hymunin left him for dead and the Plague changed him; his telepathic powers mutating to allow him to direct Neurone Plague victims to some extent.
He has been testing this mutation while he expands his Zombie Horde and furthers his diabolical plans of infecting the galaxy by biting Shen Kalara, another telepath. She has not succumbed to The Plague as yet, but cannot fight his control over her; forcing her to do his bidding and infiltrate worlds according to Orgaris' plans.

and here's the horde as is; two fallen Inquisitors, a preacher and an Enforcer :)

My latest conversion, Tech Adept Liwet is based off've the Tau Water Caste and an illustration in the inquisitor Rulebook. Somewhat different to most mechanicus i've seen; tolerant of Xenos Tek, she seeks knowledge over its origin and is rather battle-hardened.

On the right is my longest serving character, Tech Adept Ran Stein, has gone through 3 or 4 miniatures; going from Generic Tech Adept to an expert in Servitors, committing several techno-heresys before being almost killed by the Inquisition.

The Cyclops Internal Defense Droids are Stein's greatest achievement; hulking weapons servitors utilised in several capacities across The Imperium. Their statlines are in need of an upgrade; at the Winter Conclave they failed to do anything quite spectacularly!

and some generic Servitors; a must for any Mechanicus exploration team!

and to finish up, this trio should not need any introductions;

sorry for the mass of pictures, hope you enjoy!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Iron Corsair

Great minis, Greenstuff_Gav! The Mechanicus minis are by far my favorites. Great job!

Molotov

Some really nice models! in particular I really like the Hurk model (always been a fan of it, and planning to get it soon...) the brilliant Abitrator-to-Tech-Priest conversion and the zombies!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Dust King

Wow nice minis, I love the Zombie warband, I'm Half tempted to make some zombies of my own ;)

kormas

i love the navigators pose, with the sign onf the aquilla :D. and those big servitors realy deserve some very nasty ststa :)

Hadriel Caine

Good to see a grouped post of these figs. I particularly like the Steve Buddle conversions shown here.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Ancelyn

The Retrospectives of Conclavers' models was one of my favourite parts of the last re-invention of the 'Clave (BF: Before the Fall). Groovy models Greenstuff_Gav 8).
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

greenstuff_gav

erm. i got pics of A Few (warning! slow loading!).. nowhere near complete tho  :-[
noticably missing are Tech Adept Stein's 2nd incarnation + warband (dipnumona: small clone-AIs and the Tetrapnumona, a kroot-ogre battle praetorian on a Defiler chassis :D ) and the Imperial Guard squad, their Rhino and the Guardsman with Marine Chestplate i was challenged to make :)

ones to compare with the above are Ro and Demandredd and Stein's First incarnation *shudders*

Build Your Imagination

Simeon Blackstar

I love how most of your models are in really dynamic poses.  I think my favourite is the Enforcer with green hair and tats around the goggles - I may have to just copy her almost directly!  ::)

Also, fantastic work on the 28mm versions of the stock characters.  I'm not sure which to be most impressed by, or whether that's a futile exercise bcause they're all so damn good!

greenstuff_gav

alas, none of the Archived stuff exists any more!  i did some impressive freehand on most of the shields swhich i can't seem to find :(

mind you, Kaled had saved pics of The Dipneumona and The Tetrapneumona (which caused some friction with The Inquisition and Stein's near-death as they attacked his cruiser  :o

also, i've got Some Marines.

my favs being Kargos Bloodspitter (my entry to the latest Hobby contest), the Brazen Claw with sniper-lascannon (for dealing with powergamers) and the Lamenters Marine who has masses of Bionics (inspired by a note in the 2nd ed rulesbook :) )

the Deathwatch were converted for a friend (Olis on the GW-conclave) who added the "hair" to the Plasmagunner  ::)

also, the scout's named wrong.. that looks like the Mortifactors. i think  :-[

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

I thought I'd already replied to this thread, but apparently not.  The zombie warband, especially the psyker, is probably my favourite of your more recent models.  And the Cyclops Internal Defense Droids are damned scary when they come lumbering towards your warband let me tell you) even if they spectacularly failed to do much in those games!).

The Tetrapneumona is my all time favourite though (hence why I'd saved a picture of it on my computer).  Not sure whether I have any more pics of your models Gav - on my computer I have a folder with pics of models I like, but I don't know who made half of them.  What do the other characters you're missing photos for look like?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Simeon Blackstar

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on August 06, 2009, 11:26:04 AM
alas, none of the Archived stuff exists any more! 

That's a real shame.  Were they sold off, lost or brken up to make new ones?

kierkegaard

Another great collection with a crazy vibe that fits the tone of the 40K universe. I particularly like the Navigator and her staff of mutants.