Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lines Drawn OOC

Started by Necris, February 21, 2012, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 24, 2012, 11:22:40 PM
A very interesting character.It seems to me that our inquisitors have some slight differences in their points of view. That could certainly lead to interesting interactions.
Indeed. I wonder what her reaction would be to meeting Cassadon.

QuoteThere is one thing I wonder about, how does she take over acolyte networks?
Very much as Marco described, though in Johm's case she didn't even bother with that, and just used Johm's rosette (and dead hand for fingerprint scan) to start bossing them around. In any case, the mere fact that she has acolyte networks is very much an afterthought for her.

She's actually toyed with the idea of sending different cells from different networks off to fight each other and then seeing who survives, but the danger of that is one cell or both realising that they've been stitched up, so she's never bothered.

EDIT: In which we learn that Macauley will probably booby-trap anything and everything.

EDIT 2: In which I decide that Macauley looks surprisingly androgynous, and alarmingly similar to a few people I know (genders irrelevant)

EDIT 3: In which Macauley is now Troperised.

Zephon

If you're still recruiting, I'll put up a character later tonight.

Dolnikan

As far as I know we're still recruiting. I just added some tropes to Cassadon.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Koval

Dolnikan: I've made the assumption here that Macauley has at least heard of Cassadon, even if she doesn't know an awful lot about her.

Necris: Couldn't resist recycling Constantine's speech in that post. One generally has to assume that Macauley has ways of finding things out (as an Inquisitor, not specifically because she's Macauley); in this case, that'll include the Conclave of Feroxa, and the fact that it was Keirta that blundered into her trap. It's likely she has a cell on Estu "keeping an eye on things".

Dolnikan

Having heard about Cassadon is easily possible, her methods tend to attract a bit of attention after all.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Zephon

Necris, I hope it's OK to put up a character - I'm assuming you would have said if it wasn't. I'll hold off posting anything until this character has been thoroughly critiqued.

Inquisitor Drazno 'Witch-taker' Bockelsson of the Ordo Hereticus
Born: 5452848.M41 Selinus III

Appearance: Even taking into account the effects of a lifetime of warp-travel, Bockelsson has lived for over a century, while also being prematurely aged by the use of his psychic powers. He  has a spindly figure, with heavily wrinkled dark skin and a short white beard. His head carries a few wispy remnants of hair. A brass augmetic is clamped to his skull where his right ear used to be, with four tubes emerging from it, each looping round into the back of head. Bockelsson typically wears the broad-brimmed hat of a Witch Hunter, a large dark green coat, heavy boots, gloves and a waistcoat, all with several pockets.

Personality: Thanks to his impeccable mental strength, Drazno has partly avoided the fate of many telepaths. Despite having shared the thoughts of countless minds, he remains sane. However, his original, engaging personality and fierce convictions have been worn away over the years. Once, he was a zealous witch-hunter, utterly convinced of the Emperor's impending resurrection and dedicated to sending as many psykers as possible to Terra to hasten this moment. Now, particularly with the 41st millennium having passed without any resurrection, Drazno no longer clearly knows what the Emperor wants of him, and the spiritual elation he used to feel when collecting psykers or slaying heretics has given way to a vague satisfaction. Also, the galaxy seems less vibrant than it used to be, as though his years of meddling with the senses of others have now begun to erode his own. Only one thing truly staves off the feeling of decay: psychically digging into the mind of another and refashioning it according to his will. Since his early days he has gradually shifted towards more covert types of operation. In contrast, he has grown far less likely to go undercover himself: becoming another person does not appeal to a man increasingly worried about maintaining his own personality.

Abilities: Drazno is not an extraordinarily powerful telepath, but he has honed his control to a razor-edge. He can sense minds, burrow into them, shift senses and confuse thoughts. Though he cannot directly take control, he can often alter perceptions enough to create an equivalent effect. Given enough time, he can thoroughly reprogram victims, an ability he likes to use in conjunction with hypno-indoctrination and chemical treatment to produce infil-traitors. Bockelsson is reasonably adept with blade and gun, though he is not a naturally talented fighter.

Equipment: Drazno is never without his psykana mercy blade and the bone duct-flute that acts as his psy-focus. His flakweave clothing usually conceals light carapace, while his pockets contain an array of useful items, such as his excruciator, psy-tracker, exotic grenades, knives and bits of string. One of his gloves is actually a shock gauntlet. If possible, he will carry his Ceres-pattern bolt pistol, often loaded with Inferno rounds, and a power maul.

History (short version):
M41
848 Drazno son of Bockel born into hereditary servitude to House Sicani.
863 Drazno becomes a Herald of House Sicani.
865 Extinction of House Glahbid: the last Glahbid Malik dies of slow-acting poison, shortly after summarily executing his last surviving brother for the extra-legal killing of their nephew, on the basis that he had assassinated the Malik's two children.
869 Selinus effectively divided between three pseudo-Maliks locked in low-intensity conflict. The few Houses that remain independent rely heavily on their Heralds' diplomatic skill.
874 Gizewo Wolksson of House Sicani officially becomes Malik of Selinus. Drazno given the task of rewriting histories and genealogies to match the Sicani version.
876 A Black Ship visits Selinus. Drazno is taken as part of the psyker tithe, assessed to be a telepath.
897 Drazno is charged with assessing the mental purity of Scholastia Psykana trainees.
899 Drazno assists Inquisitor Raceva in her investigation of heretical practices by the ruling family of Cerogutia.
901 Serves Inquisitor Raceva on her tour aboard a Black Ship.
904 Promoted to interrogator by Inquisitor Raceva.
924 Elevated to the rank of Inquisitor.
934 Accompanies a Black Ship into the Fexora sub-sector.
961 Attends the previous Conclave of Fexora.
986 Drazno recruits Kat Satternach to treat his second pupil and retains her after the acolyte dies.
994 Ends his third tour on a Black Ship in the Fexora sub-sector.
996 Storms the Palace of Gorobad the Cruel with the assistance of the 14th Daubdan Grenzers. Casualties are extremely high. Many survivors are executed to guard against moral corruption. The remainder are taken by Bockelsson as Inquisitorial militia after suitable conditioning.
M42
012 Prevented from attending the Conclave of Fexora by warp disturbances.

Associates:
Interrogator Kat Satternach. She has a great deal of medical skill, is expert at non-psychic methods of interrogation, investigation and incapacitation. Kat is the longest serving of Drazno's retinue.

Sergeant Chebok and Captain Vepsin. Both of these  men were once Daubdan Grenzers. They are the only two retaining their lives, sanity and memories. Chebok is Bockelsson's best militant, and leads his mind-cleansed Grenzer bodyguard. Vepsin acts as a mixture of Drazno's chamberlain, personal servant and third-in-command.

Eight ex-Grenzers: Ksi, Fita, Yat, Tse, Ot, Sha, El and Pe. Thanks to Bockelsson, none remember the Palace of Gorobad or much else from their lives. They have all the unswerving devotion of the expertly brainwashed.

Neomarcus Almagoren, Imperial Diviner. He relatively recently joined Drazno, replacing a burned-out Astropath. Bockelsson wonders if Almagoren's divinations might help reveal the Emperor's plan for him.

Julia Garcnerez. She acts as Bockelsson's savant, and is usually accompanied by her lexomat.

Jotun Iarow. A rogue pyromancer captured by Drazno last year. There has not been a chance to hand him over to the Black Ships as yet. While keeping him contained, Drazno began tampering with his mind to reduce the risk he posed. This has gone well, and Drazno is toying with the idea of turning him into a telepathically-controlled psychic weapon. Edit: Too bonkers

Koval

Drazno sounds pretty dangerous, if I may say so, and he doesn't even have to leave the house... :P

Not sure he understands the risks of turning Iarow into a weapon, though -- either that, or I don't entirely get what you had in mind, as I'm currently interpreting that as an indirect lowering of Iarow's safeguards against the perils of the Warp (and therefore possession-time)

Necris: Is Goridas currently on Semtera, or somewhere else? It may affect the content of my next post.

Zephon

Do you think I should tone him down?

The idea with Iarow was to load him with telepathic suggestions to obey Drazno, clamp some kind of psy-dampener to him, cart him around sedated and occasionally free him to blow things up at Drazno's command.  A sort of psychic arco-flagellant, if  you like. Maybe with a bomb tied to his head.

Koval

Quote from: Zephon on March 03, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
Do you think I should tone him down?
I wasn't trying to get at anything of the sort. Considering that I've submitted an Inquisitor that thinks nothing of plasma-bombing other Inquisitors for fun and profit, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to suggest Drazno needs toning down. In any case he's going to have fun if he ever wants to play with Macauley's head -- it's likely he'll get a migraine for his troubles and/or a lasbolt to the face -- and I dare say Cassadon would have a few things to say as well.

QuoteThe idea with Iarow was to load him with telepathic suggestions to obey Drazno, clamp some kind of psy-dampener to him, cart him around sedated and occasionally free him to blow things up at Drazno's command.  A sort of psychic arco-flagellant, if  you like. Maybe with a bomb tied to his head.
Must admit, I'm still not seeing how Iarow has any safeguards against being possessed once he's "switched on". It sounds to me that if he's a "psychic arco-flagellant" then he's going to just light up like a bonfire in the Warp when Drazno lets him loose, and the comparison with an Arco has some nasty implications about a lack of self-control...

Dolnikan

Drazno seems very interesting. However I agree with Koval about the psychic arco-flagellant, without full control he would be more of a psychic living bomb. You send him at someone, activate him and he draws the warp into him, killing himself and hurting everyone nearby, maybe even bringing a daemon into the world.

Edit: I posted up another bit, mostly some preaching, Cassadon loves her sermons.

Koval

Postage. Macauley really isn't a nice person by any means, and it's also a pretty poor idea to get on her bad side. As we can see in my latest offering, she's quite happy to throw the crew of an entire ship to daemons just to kill off one rival.

She was, however, being extremely imaginative -- it's not likely that she'll pull off a repeat of that little stunt.

Dolnikan

That certainly is overkill, but there is never enough overkill when there are heretics involved. I really have to have Cassadon show herself from her less direct side someday.

Koval

Worth pointing out as well that Vecciani was on Constantine's side, therefore only a heretic from Macauley's point of view.

I've added a note to Macauley's profile about what she's carrying; reposting here.
QuoteNOTE: For the purposes of this RP, Macauley is carrying one power blade, her B-5, one Dragoon, and her shotgun, and is wearing her armour and field generator.

Zephon

Thinking it over, an experienced psyker and witch-hunter wouldn't be stupid enough to create something like Iarow. I'll save the idea for someone more bonkers.

Is Drazno otherwise OK? He's pretty heavily tooled-up, though I imagine he'd lose a straight fight against Cassadon or Macauley. He also doesn't have a natural side to pick in the conflict. He's got psychic powers, the record of a puritan, but no longer the unshakeable certainty (I like the idea that his shaken belief in the Emperor's resurrection could be connected to his personality loss).

Dolnikan

I think that he will fit in just fine. His armament is quite close to what Cassadon has but she has probably made more use of it and has a tentency of not giving up, no matter the injuries.

There is nothing wrong with not being on a clear side. To fanatics like Cassadon he is an abomination already, if she finds out about his psychic powers that is. It actually is a very nice idea to have a moderate in there as well, he might even be attacked by both sides who see him as their enemy.