Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lines Drawn OOC

Started by Necris, February 21, 2012, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Ok so this is an all action RP

Set in the Feroxa Subsector which lies in the souther regions of segmentum tempestus here the Inquisition has come to war under the leadership of the extremist Lord Severus Constantine the Inquisition has become fractured those supporting Constantine are mobilising for war against what Constantine deems as heretics which involves almost everyone that follows the radical paths.

Constantine seeks to purge the inquisition to make it a purist force against the enemies of the imperium

due to the presence of the Veiled Region within the segmentum there is a high number of ordo xenos inquisitors and it is by an far the largest represented ordo in the sub sector.

I will fire up more information later but if you want to join in

Inquisitors are more than welcome pick your side post your character bear in mind though that this is a war in the shadows not a full blown conflict this is all about striking your enemies when they least expect it and annihilating them before they can amass a response 

Those wishing to capitalise on the chaos the inquisition is in are welcome too, killing inquisitors to prolong their war is always of benefit to the enemies of mankind

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Dolnikan

This seems very interesting. I will start work on a character right away, probably a hardcore puritan.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Dolnikan

Sorry for the double post, I just finished my character for this.

NAME: Tomyris Cassadon

APPEARANCE: Cassadon is pale like many hivers. She has short, curly brown hair and a long scar across her round face, running from above her right eye to her chin.

BELIEFS: Inquisitor Cassadon beliefs that all traces of heresy should be removed. Any evil, no matter how small will always grow to threaten the Imperium. Only by ruthlessly crushing even the smallest deviancy can humanity rise to fulfill its fate, dominion over the entire galaxy. Her deep faith to the Emperor is leading for her. She considers luxury to be a diversion from duty and avoids it as much as she can. She for instance prefers to sleep on hard floors rather than in a soft bed. She beliefs that even seeking to enjoy oneself breaks the devotion the Emperor requires.

PERSONALITY: Inquisitor Cassadon is stern and unforgiving. She is utterly focused on her duty and hates unbelievers with a fiery passion. This does not mean that she is above using dirty tricks herself, there just are many lines she will never cross.

ABILITIES:  Cassadon has a remarkably knowledge of scripture. Other than that she is a good shot and knows how to use her power mace. When necessary she can pretend to be someone else but her revulsion from sin is noticeable to those looking for it.

EQUIPMENT: Cassadon habitually wears white armour over white robes. She is armed with a power mace, a finely detailed gilded laspistol and a bolt carbine.Around her neck she wears a simple necklace, from it hangs a small, old icon in the form of a dove.

HISTORY:
947M41   Born in one of the lower layers of Gyges hive on Kandaul II.

956M41   Joins the Hellcats, one of the gangs making the hive unsafe.

959M41   Becomes a full member of the gang after she kills a member of a rival gang.

964M41   Encounters the sisters of charity, a religious organization on Kandaul II. Their message about the Emperor and faith appeals to her and joins this cult cutting all ties with her former gang.

969M41   During a revolt in the hive the Sisters of Charity are targeted by angry mobs. As one of the few members with any experience at arms she leads the defense of the main temple. After several days of the revolt a motley band breaks through the attacking rabble. Their leader identifies himself as inquisitor Tardon who is heavily injured. The sisters heal him while Cassadon keeps out the traitors.

970M41   The siege of the temple is finally broken when Imperial Guard troops summoned by Tardon arrive, it is revealed that the revolt was initiated by inquisitor Havek who wished to overthrow the old order of the hive world which he considered to be corrupt. Cassadon swears to Tardon that she will follow him to bring the radical to justice.

972M41   Inquisitor Tardon tracks Havek to one of his hideouts. When they attack he soon discovers that they have run into a trap. Cassadon is cut across the face by a poisoned blade wielded by inquisitor Havek as he makes his escape. Cassadon narrowly survives, the scar never heals. She refuses surgery to have it removed.

977M41   Tardon sees the hand of Havek in a series of revolts erupting in the Gyan cluster. In a series of bloody pogroms he ends these revolts. He gives Cassadon responsibility for cleansing Fontano, a mining colony. She successfully crushed the revolt under an iron heel. Almost ten per cent of the population is executed for treason.

981M41   The Gyan pogroms finally end when Gyan II, the great hive world surrenders rather than face the massed forces of the Imperium. Ringleaders are rounded and burned in what becomes known as the day of a million pyres. Cassadon is appointed to oversee the actual executions.

988M41   Cassadon is appointed an independent agent by inquisitor Tardon.

989M41   Cassadon slays the ninety-sixth warrior incarnate of Ynula in single combat.

993M41   On Defforis Prime the Children of Justice are uncovered by Cassadon. With the aid of inquisitor Tardon the heretics are purged.

005M41   While undercover in the court of Wadan Gech, lord governor of Nyawier, she suddenly encounters a known agent of inquisitor Havek. She follows him but before he can lead her to his master he discovers that he is being followed. He attempts to shoot her but Cassadon is saved by her conversion field. She manages to subdue him but before he can speak he commits suicide. Immediately afterwards the unexpected deaths of natural causes of many of the more competent of the nobility stop.

008M42   Promoted to full inquisitor.

012M42   Sets out to bring those inquisitors she deems heretical to justice after the speech of Constantine at the conclave of Feroxa.

Tropes Cassadon
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnightTemplar This basically sums up Cassadon
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScarsAreForever Only the one caused by Havek
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WithUsOrAgainstUs Everyone who disagrees is a heretic
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheStoic She never shows feear or doubt
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist A very extreme kind
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackAndWhiteInsanity even the slightest sin should be very heavily punised, suffer not the heretic to live.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill prefers this for enemies, never give them a chance to use their witchcraft again
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 23, 2012, 02:10:21 PMHISTORY:
947M41   Born in one of the lower layers of Gyges hive on Kandaul II.
946M41   Joins the Hellcats, one of the gangs making the hive unsafe.
That is a serious youth gang problem, seeing as they seem to be recruiting children still in the womb...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Oops, I had changed her age ten yearsbut forgot about the history, my bad.

DapperAnarchist

Could be! After all, all Astartes were once child soldiers...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

And I posted the first part about her. I guess that she has reincarnated once. Joining a gang is safe so she died only to be reborn a while later. That makes sense, right?

Koval

Dolnikan: I'm guessing you're talking about juvenat treatment, which is entirely different to being reincarnated -- that generally doesn't happen unless you're a Dark Eldar.

Necris: I'm in two minds about joining. On the one hand, I'm juggling two and my teacher training. On the other, I have some names for characters I'm otherwise not putting to any use. Help me make up my mind? :P

Necris

JOIN!

sorry would you like me to be more convincing than that :-D

I'll add more stuff tomorrow when I'm more rested having spent the day looking after a very sickly 8 month old and then spending the last 5 hours blacksmithing I'm not focussed enough to post directly
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

I may present something a little later, then.

Dolnikan

Quote from: Koval on February 23, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
Dolnikan: I'm guessing you're talking about juvenat treatment, which is entirely different to being reincarnated -- that generally doesn't happen unless you're a Dark Eldar.

I did mean reincarnation, otherwise she could not have joined a gang before being born. Of course it all was just a little mistake.

Koval

Quote from: Dolnikan on February 24, 2012, 07:40:17 AM
Quote from: Koval on February 23, 2012, 09:16:25 PM

I did mean reincarnation, otherwise she could not have joined a gang before being born. Of course it all was just a little mistake.
Ah...

Koval

double

Presenting character for dissection.

---

NAME: Rosheine Adele Macauley

KNOWN ALIASES: Over the years Macauley has posed as Adept Esmée Bosen, Rogue Trader Marjolein De Haven, and the Erstenhemer Countess Marian Alink in the course of duty, but is just as likely to adopt any old name and pose as a pilgrim or missionary if she feels it necessary.

RANK / AFFILIATION: Inquisitor / Ordo Hereticus

PHYSICAL STATS:
Date of Birth: (3)504920.M41
Place Of Birth: Erstenheme, Segmentum Pacificus
Height: 178cm / 5'10"
Weight: 60kg
Physical Appearance: http://i40.tinypic.com/24yph5f.jpg

PERSONALITY/BELIEFS: Macauley is a dangerously pragmatic Istvaanian, and will not hesitate to take any steps necessary to carry out her affairs. Macauley has no reservations about using xenotech or proscribed artifacts, as evidenced by the rather frightening collection of weaponry, trinkets and curios she keeps on board her ship. She is just as willing to murder her rivals as she is to sleep with a potential source of information, and just as prepared to hire and then double-cross an agent as she is to call down an orbital strike on a crowd of innocents just to eliminate one witness.

Macauley has surprisingly little time for politics, and cares only about reforming the Imperium. In this regard, she is perfectly willing to commit the greatest of sins to combat the Imperium's own weaknesses.

ABILITIES/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Macauley has a talent for using firearms of all shapes and sizes, frequently performing on the level of a trained Storm Trooper whether using pistols or heavy weapons. While Macauley is no slouch in close combat, and will carry at least one power blade at all times, she will prefer to shoot her enemies wherever possible. Macauley is, however, an impatient lady, and although she can happily put a lasbolt through a gretchin's eyeball at a hundred paces, she prefers rapid-firing or area-of-effect weapons to slow-firing guns whose strength relies on precision.

Macauley's psi quotient is remarkably low, even for a normal human, and while this affords her a moderate level of protection from psychic abilities and the powers of the Warp, few psykers will affiliate themselves with her out of choice, as inevitably they will remark upon her being "two steps from oblivion" and remove themselves from her presence (at which point Macauley usually shoots them and saves herself the bother of dealing with them later).

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:
-Guard flak armour, Erstenhemer Protectorate standard issue
-Erstenhemer CN-5 "Adherent" laspistol (modified for greater shot strength)
-Erstenhemer PX-2 "Magnate" plasma pistol
-Erstenhemer AM-3457 "Dragoon" gatling laspistol x2 (looted)
-Graian "Eradicator" combat shotgun, 12-GA
-Graian "Argentum" power blade x2
-Dark Eldar splinter rifle (looted)
-Tau pulse carbine (imported)
-Energy field generator, unknown make (likely looted)
-Ceremonial sword, unknown provenance (likely looted, possible Chaos artifact)

NOTE: Rarely carries everything at once, but always carries at least one power blade and her CN-5.

NOTE: For the purposes of this RP, Macauley is carrying one power blade, her CN-5, one Dragoon, and her shotgun, and is wearing her armour and field generator.

KNOWN ASSOCIATES: Macauley tends to hire operatives on a per-mission basis, before killing them for knowing too much. As such, Macauley's "associates" are limited to the crew aboard her ship, the Cobra-class His Resolve, with whom she mingles as little as possible. However, she has adopted the acolyte networks of rival Inquisitors, but cares little for the well-being (or identities) of these surrogate acolytes.

HISTORY:
-920.M41: Born on Erstenheme
-928.M41: Is lured into gang violence by the Sumpside Crew gang, who use her as a "lure" to stage muggings.
-929.M41: Fires her first gun.
-929.M41: Makes her first kill.
-929.M41: Makes her second through fifth kills as the Sumpside Crew are too stunned by the notion of being shot at by a nine-year-old to fight back.
-929.M41: Is arrested by the Adeptus Arbites, together with nine other Sumpside Crew members.
-929.M41: Is forcibly enrolled at a Schola Progenium. The family, meanwhile, are informed of her "death".
-939.M41: Having undergone a radical turnaround in the past ten years, enrols as a Commissar cadet.
-941.M41: Is attached to the Erstenhemer 84th Protectorate.
-948.M41: Is deployed to Nova Sagittar on the border with Segmentum Tempestus.
-948.M41: Is seconded, together with the Erstenhemer 84th, to Inquisitor Diederich Paxton on Nova Sagittar in order to combat a Chaos insurrection.
-948.M41: Ambushed in her sleep, and takes on a Chaos assassin armed with a Guard utility knife and a thumping headache. Predictably defeats the assassin, but cannot return to sleep, owing to the mixed stench of blood and alcohol emanating from the deceased assassin.
-949.M41: Leads a key victory over the Chaos forces with the 84th, but takes a shrapnel wound to the shoulder during the final push as a missile launcher crew gets trigger-happy.
-950.M41: Is jumped by a Chaos psyker, whose powers curiously fail to have any effect whatsoever even as her squad is killed. Inquisitor Paxton is intrigued.
-950.M41: Is recruited as a double agent for Inquisitor Paxton.
-952.M41: Advocates collapsing an Administratum building to dislodge a particularly well-entrenched enemy platoon. Is largely ridiculed, but correctly points out that the 84th still has a Basilisk squadron on the back lines.
-952.M41: Successfully puts down the Chaos insurrection on Nova Sagittar, with a solid 30% of the planetary capital's buildings (and 40% of the Erstenhemer 84th) having survived the war.
-952.M41: Is formally recruited into Inquisitor Paxton's service. The remaining Erstenhemer Guardsmen also enter Paxton's service as auxilia.
-956.M41: Last of the Erstenhemer 84th perishes on Issana.
-956.M41: Is promoted to Interrogator following the collapse of a psyker cabal on Issana.
-958.M41: Reveals the Duke Isanan to be a genestealer hybrid, and promptly has an orbital strike called down on his estate.
-974.M41: Is caught up in a shuttle crash on Indeli Septimus. Is torn between escaping the planet and stopping a Dark Eldar incursion; eventually chooses to hijack a Thunderbolt fighter, shooting down several enemy skimmers before making herself scarce. Takes an enemy longarm, several knives, and copious amounts of spare ammunition as "trophies".
-974.M41: Is promoted to Inquisitor for a successful baptism by fire.
-974.M41: Is invited to join the Ordo Hereticus. Discovers Istvaanianism.
-979.M41: Murders Governer Nicolescu of Lu'el, then sits back and watches various corrupt noble houses tear each other apart in their bid for governorship.
-983.M41: Is instrumental in crushing the Numenate Secession by calling down an orbital strike onto Baron Chieti's summer residence.
-987.M41: Macauley's ship, the Sword-class Eye of the Emperor, is destroyed above Estu by a freak cascade failure in the main reactor. Establishes a safe house on Estu, and stows away on freighters and civilian transports for the next twenty-four years.
-990.M41: Investigates a Chaos cult on Oxaenan, claiming to possess a copy of the Book of Horus. Is captured and ritually disfigured by the cult, receiving a wound from her forehead down to her throat. Breaks free and kills every last cultist with a ceremonial sword, before confiscating the book and firing it into Oxaenan's star. Retains the sword.
-992.M41: Murders Inquisitor Paxton before he can publicly denounce her extremist tendencies. Evidence planted on the body points to the Amalathian Inquisitor Garte, who is (wrongly) denounced as a heretic and executed.
-006.M42: Imports a Tau pulse carbine from a Third Sphere colony, under the guise of Xenographer-Adept Jana Steen. "Tests" the weapon on the courier.
-010.M42: Murders Inquisitor Osmond Johm and steals his laspistols, before assuming his acolyte network, who (with one notable exception) remain none the wiser.
-010.M42: Assumes control of Inquisitor Johm's vessel, His Resolve, and has the entire crew "reprocessed" and replaced, even down to the servitors.
-010.M42: Enters the Feroxa Subsector.

ASSOCIATED TROPES:
Cutting The Knot: Usually done while sticking two fingers up at common sense and decorum.
Combat Pragmatist
The Uriah Gambit: Does this with assumed acolytes that she doesn't like, but stops short of sending two cells out to fight each other.
Murder Is The Best Solution: If you're about to cross her, denounce her as a heretic, or you simply know too much, then she will believe this.
Sociopathic Hero
Lack Of Empathy: She killed her own mentor and then pinned the blame on someone completely unrelated. And it worked.
Well-Intentioned Extremist: Can be seen as this.
Ignored Epiphany: If she realises that something's a bad idea, the end result is usually "this could go wrong here, here and here, so I'm going to fix that"
I Thought It Was Forbidden: Xenotech use falls under Type 2; the sword is arguably an Evil Weapon instead.
It Amused Me: Her Uriah Gambit involving Governor Nicolescu and the noble houses.
You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Never actually says this, but skips straight to the shooting.
Death From Above: Orbital strikes are a perfectly justified way to dispose of people Macauley doesn't like.
There Is No Kill Like Overkill: See above.
The Purge: Does this to the crew of her new ship, right down to the servitors.

Dolnikan

A very interesting character.It seems to me that our inquisitors have some slight differences in their points of view. That could certainly lead to interesting interactions.

There is one thing I wonder about, how does she take over acolyte networks?

MarcoSkoll

I'd wager that many acolytes never see their Inquisitor, so you only need to convince them that you're their new handler or that they've been transferred.

Any that don't buy it are "expendable".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles