Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Monodominant sub-factions

Started by Draco Ferox, February 22, 2012, 09:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

The problem with that is that it means that almost all inquisitors are monodominants, and that the philosophies they adhere are merely subfactions of the monodominants. To avoid this something needs to be chosen to make a monodominant something different from the other factions, otherwise it no longer is an actual faction of the inquisition.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Monodominants are different.  They believe that it is the right of mankind to rule the galaxy in the Emperor's name, and they plan to achieve this by destroying forever the Emperor's enemies.  Xanthites believe that Chaos cannot be defeated, but its power can be harnessed in service of mankind.

That leaves plenty of areas in between.  So you could have a Monodominant who believes that is the right of mankind to rule the galaxy in the Emperor's name and the best way to do this is by harnessing Chaos and using it to destroy mankind's enemies including, in the end, the powers of Chaos themselves.  Or you could have a Xanthite who believes that the power of Chaos can be harnessed in service of mankind - and his plan for that power is to use it to wipe out the enemies of humanity (except Chaos itself as it is merely a reflection of humanity).

Monodomination, in my eyes, is more than simply being intolerant of heresy in all it's guises - it's about believing that the way to ensure that mankind achieves it's destiny is by wiping out everyone else.  All* Inquisitors are intolerant of heresy, but not all agree on what constitutes heresy, and some see themselves as being above committing heresy.  Likewise all* Inquisitors seek to destroy the enemies of the Imperium, and thus share some beliefs with the Monodominants, but that in no way means that their beliefs are sub-sets of the Monodominant beliefs.

* When I say 'all', I of course accept that there are exceptions - but rooting out heresy and defending the Imperium is an Inquisitor's job after all.

EDIT: Another thing I'd suggest is that the tenets that Draco proposed be the work of Jeriminus rather than Goldo.  Goldo concluded that that the only way the Emperor's loyal servants would survive in the galaxy was if everything else was destroyed.  The tenets seem to fit more with Jeriminus taking Goldo's conclusion, turning it into a 'mission statement' for Monodomination - they'd be one of the things that helped bring Monodominance to prominence within the Inquisition.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

krenshar

Jeriminian would also make for a good faction name.  Perhaps in place of Goldoian, as the three vowels together sound a little awkward to me.

Dolnikan

Having Jeriminus be the person that listed the central tenets is a good idea, it also makes the faction a little less based on the works of only a single inquisitor but more something developed by evolving in a group.

The belief that everything else should be wiped out is an idea which would be very popular amongst monodominants, to the point of being what ties them together. Some may even realize that it is an unachievable ideal, but even those would still be monodominants, their aim would be to go as far in destroying all enemies as is possible.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Easy E

So, I'm way behind on the times on this thread, but what the heck. 

Geneti-Just

I think their could be a Mono-dominant group that is obsessed with the idea of purity in bloodlines, and finding ways to purge the taint of mutation/weakness etc right out of the genetic strain of humanity.  This could be done either by selective breeding, manipulation, or some other way.  Essentially, they hate deviancy from what is pure, but what these fanatics consider pure goes to to the micro-biological level. 

These Mono-dominants would have strong ties with Magos Biologis and Sisters Hospitalers.  However, I can see them being unaligned Inquisitors. 

Just a thought.   
^Cheapskate^

Dolnikan

Such a group could easily exist, basically a more extreme version of the being against mutation idea. They would have a lot of trouble with defining exactly what is acceptable, probably leading to lots of infighting.

Kaled

Quote from: Easy E on April 10, 2012, 08:44:08 PM
These Mono-dominants would have strong ties with Magos Biologis and Sisters Hospitalers.
Or Sisters Famulous - they're the ones who have excellent knowledge of Imperial blood lines...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat