Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Forge World - Zone Mortalis

Started by tzabazeus, February 24, 2012, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzabazeus

Hey guys and gals, some new terrain from forgeworld. Could be used as a lab complex or something similar if you  wished.

bear in mind its £98 for a 2' x 2' section.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/REALM-OF-BATTLE-ZONE-MORTALIS-SET.html

Niall

Adlan

A bit disengenuous of forge world. The picture of all the squares together is a 3x3 square, not a 2x2 square that they are selling. So it'd be over £200 for what they are showing, instead of the £90 they are selling.

On the other hand, It is very nice, I like it very much. If I had the cash, it'd be a great basis for an =][= board.

Dolnikan

It looks nice but is far too expensive for what it is, like certain other products of forgeworld.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Flinty

Wow....how much! I guess they will sell quite a few of these, but for a lump of resin with pretty minimal detailing I consider that some very imaginative pricing. I didn't realise that there were that many fools eager to be parted from thier hard earned; I'm pretty sure that most people could knock up an approximation of that out of odds and ends for considerably less.

Neanderthal and Proud!

Charax

I don't see the point of them for 40K, especially not with static walls, and I see even less point for Inquisitor, where the models will be able to see *over* the walls, especially as Inquisitor tends to be more three-dimensional than 40K.

I recently acquired quite a number (90+) Necromunda bulkheads and I'd rather use those on some MDF than this set. hell, if Forgeworld had recast the bulkheads in Resin they'd probably make more sales than they will from this.

Still, plenty of alternative indoor/corridor sets out there
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Draco Ferox

This would be awesome for necromunda, kill-team and small games of 40k (also alternate-dimension mordheim, but less of that wierd stuff). However, these are all played with small scale miniatures who won't try to just climb over the walls and be able to see everything. When you give players the option to do almost anything with their models, they will tend to try things like "I'm going to vault over this wall and land on the head of the guy who I can hear on the other side, and whom I have realised is next to me due to my auspex"

The other problem I see is that it is rather flat for inquisitor, which usually makes use of some boxes as stand-ins for buildings, so that at least there is some other aspect. Finally, as Adlan mentioned, the it would cost a horrendous ammount to get a board of meaningful size.

EDIT: I like the idea, but similar to their Fortress walls, it's just too big and expensive a set to be feasible unless you work at GW or you are a retired millionaire who would rather have a fortress for your toy soldiers rather than a ferrari.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Charax on February 25, 2012, 08:48:10 AMI see even less point for Inquisitor, where the models will be able to see *over* the walls, especially as Inquisitor tends to be more three-dimensional than 40K.
The walls on those are just over the height of a 40k dreadnaught - I'd say that makes them tall enough for most Inquisitor models.

As for what they are, I think they're nice enough, and if a detailed indoor complex is what you're after then they're a better deal than just going for the GW CoD plastics(£18 for CoD and half as many complete walls vs £25 for Mortails, inc. detailed base), even if you are sacrificing versatility.

I'll certainly be interested in seeing what extras they release beyond the blastdoors
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy