Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

More Russian Models (PIC HEAVY!)

Started by Brother_Brimstone, March 26, 2012, 02:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother_Brimstone

The following models arrived in the post today fresh from Russia. You'll have already seen the first two in Van Helser's thread, but the others are, as far as I know, new.

-First up are the hilariously named 'Battle Gnomes'. No prizes for what Retconned race I'm going to turn them into. What i'm most excited about is the possibility of using one of them to make an Exo-Armour suit, which i think would be a cool project.

-These are 'Wizard' figures, who, with minimal alteration will hopefully become a Ministorum member, a psyker, an evil Sorcerer and an Inquisitor.

-I intend to sci-fi these up and turn them into Crusaders. Not much more to say. Power packs and electronic weapons will need to be added in abundance!

-Lastly are the models Van Helser has got too. As he noted, they're perfect for Imperial guard

Pics will follow as I work on them (and then maybe i'll hold off on buying new models and paint the 40-odd i've now got waiting for me...)

Van Helser

Great minds do indeed shop alike!

I was tempted by both the wizards and paladins but decided three boxes were enough to keep me going. Interesting to see the wizards have separate cloaks - that definitely increases the conversion possibilities. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all of them.

Ruaridh

Brother_Brimstone

Once again we're on the same page; i can hardly describe how relieved I was when it turned out that the capes and headgears were separate to the wizard models, as with all of them, i wanted to remove the capes and was dreading how i might go about doing it...

Similarly, i'm quite excited about seeing what you do with the centaurs - i had the thought of beastmen for them too, but, as you said, decided i'd alread y got enough on my plate with the others. I foresee the 'Fighting Gnomes-Squats' conversion being a lot of work as it is...

Dolnikan

Very interesting models as always, I really look forwards to seeing what you will be doing with them.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Mike Blake

Charax

ebay, a user called acrobat23 regularly stocks these 54mm russian model sets
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page